Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

What are your favorite Bollywood GHAZALS?

Posted: 12 years ago
What are your favorite Bollywood GHAZALS?  Please look at the referenced information down below and share your thoughts!  πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Source: Mouthshut.com 

My 100th Review - Dedicated to Ghazals
By: jmathur | Nov 27, 2010 07:54 AM
(Updated Nov 29, 2010 06:07 AM)

I am not only a great music lover but also a great lover of poetry and Shaayari. Ghazal is a unique form of poetry containing the essential features of Radeef, Kaafia and fixed meter in all the SHERs.

The literal meaning of Ghazal is the (painful) voice of (wounded) female deer (Ghazaala). Bollywood has gifted people like me a treasure of beautiful Ghazals and Nazms.Hence I dedicated my 100th review on MS to Ghazals from Hindi movies. The list is subjective because every lover of Ghazals can prepare his / her list as per his / her choice.

I have excluded two classic Ghazals of legendary Ghazal singer - Ghulam Ali in this list as their shorter versions have only been included in the movies concerned. They are : 1. Chupke Chupke Raat Din Aansoo Bahaana Yaad Hai (Nikaah - 1982) and 2. Chamakte Chaand Ko Toota Hua Taara Bana Daala (Aawaargi - 1990).

I have also not included some great Ghazals in this list viz. Kabhi Kisi Ko Muqammal Jahaan Nahin Milta (Ahista Ahista - 1981), Sansar Ki Har Shay Ka Itna Hi Fasana Hai (Dhund - 1973), Na Munh Chhupa Ke Jiyo (Humraaz - 1967), Mile Na Phool To Kaanto Se Dosti Kar Li (Anokhi Raat - 1968), Kisi Ki Yaad Mein Duniya Ko Hain Bhulaye Huye (Jahanaara - 1964), Yeh Kya Jagah Hai Doston (Umrao Jaan - 1981), Teri Yaad Dil Se Bhulane Chala Hoon (Hariyali Aur Raasta - 1962), Aah Ko Chaahiye Ek Umr Asar Hone Tak (Mirza Ghalib - 1954) etc. because I have covered them in my reviews of best Hindi movie songs and best philosophical songs.

My list of top twenty filmi Ghazals is as follows :

1. Justujoo Jiski Thi Usko To Na Paaya Humne (Umrao Jaan - 1981) : In my view, one of the best Ghazals of Asha Ji, penned by Sheheryaar and composed by Khayyam, picturized on Rekha in the title role. It is an example of highly meaningful and touching poetry. It's the Ghazal which is the closest to my heart.

2. Ye Na Thi Hamaari Kismet Ki Visaal-E-Yaar Hota (Mirza Ghalib - 1954) : Mirza Ghalib's immortal Ghazal, composed by Ghulam Mohammed which has been sung emotionally and performed upon masterly by the legendary singer-actress Suraiya.

3. Dil-E-Naadan Tujhe Hua Kya Hai (Mirza Ghalib - 1954) : Another classic Ghazal of the legendary Shaayar from this movie which is a memorable duet of Talat Mahmood and Suraiya. It's been picturized on Bharat Bhooshan and Suraiya in the movie.

4. Nukta Cheen Hai Gham-E-Dil Usko Sunaaye Na Bane (Mirza Ghalib - 1954) : Another marvel from the pen of Ghalib, presented to the lovers of Shaayari by Ghulam Mohammed (composition) and Suraiya (singing and acting).

5. Seene Mein Jalan Aankhon Mein Toofan Sa Kyon Hai (Gaman - 1978) : An outstanding Ghazal authored by Sheheryaar, composed by Jaidev ,sung by Suresh Wadkar and picturized on Farooq Sheikh.

6. Kisi Nazar Ko Tera Intezaar Aaj Bhi Hai (Aitbaar - 1985) : An excellent Ghazal which I relate to. It's been sung jointly by Bhupinder and Asha, penned by Hasan Kamaal and composed by Bappi Lahiri. Suresh Oberai and Dimple Kapadia have performed beautifully on it in the movie.

7. Zinda Hoon Iss Tarah Ki Gham-E-Zindagi Nahin (Aag - 1948) : Mukesh's highly emotional Ghazal, picturized on Raj Kapoor in his maiden directorial venture, penned by Behzad Lucknavi and composed by Ram Ganguly.

8. Yun Hasraton Ke Daag Mohabbat Mein Dho Liye (Adaalat - 1958) : Nargis performs on Lata's classic Ghazal, penned by Rajender Krishan and composed by Madan Mohan.

9. Hum Dard Ke Maaron Ka Itna Hi Fasaana Hai (Daag - 1952) : Talat Mahmood's famous Ghazal, picturized on Dilip Kumar, penned by Shailendra and composed by Shankar-Jaikishan.

10. Dikhai Diye Yun Ki Bekhud Kiya (Baazaar - 1982) : A classic Ghazal sung by Lata, picturized on Supriya Pathak, authored by the legendary Shaayar Mir Taqi Mir and composed by Khayyam.

11. Tumko Dekha To Ye Khayal Aaya (Saath Saath - 1982) : Jagjeet Singh's all time great Ghazal, picturized on Farooq Sheikh (singing for Deepti Naval), authored by Javed Akhtar and composed by Kuldeep Singh.

12. Kisi Ne Bhi To Na Dekha Nigaah Bhar Ke Mujhe (Dil Aashna Hai - 1992) : Pankaj Ud-haas' emotional Ghazal, picturized on himself only, authored by Majrooh Sultanpuri and composed by Anand Milind.

13. Koi Saaghar Dil Ko Behlaata Nahin (Dil Diya Dard Liya - 1966) : Rafi's classic Ghazal combined with the brilliant performance of the Tragedy King, Dilip Kumar. Naushad has composed the touching Shaayari of Shakeel Badayuni.

14. Uthaye Ja Unke Sitam Aur Jiye Ja (Andaz - 1949) : Lata's classic Ghazal on which Nargis has delivered a memorable performance in the movie. Naushad has composed the Ghazal of Shakeel Badayuni.

15. Kabhi Khud Pe Kabhi Haalat Pe Rona Aaya (Hum Dono - 1961) : A very very realistic Ghazal of Rafi combined with a touching performance by Dev Anand in the movie. Jaidev has composed the straight-from-the-heart words of Sahir Ludhiyanvi.

16. Tang Aa Chuke Hain Kashamkash-E-Zindagi Se Hum (Pyaasa - 1957) : A touching Ghazal emerging from the depth of the heart of the Shaayar, Sahir Ludhiyanvi which has been picturized on Guru Dutt, the Shaayar hero of this movie. Rafi has given voice to the composition of S.D. Burman.

17. Jurm-E-Ulfat Pe Hamen Log Saza Dete Hain (Taj Mahal - 1963) : A very small but very very meaningful Ghazal which is in fact an underrated song in this classic album. Beena Roy has performed on the voice of Lata and Roshan has composed the words of Sahir.

18. Dushman Na Kare Dost Ne Woh Kaam Kiya Hai (Aakhir Kyon - 1985) : A highly admirable Ghazal of Lata, picturized on Smita Patil. Rajesh Roshan has composed the words of Indeevar.

19. Badi Nazuk Hai Ye Manzil Mohabbat Ka Safar Hai (Joggers' Park - 2003) : Jagjeet Singh's Ghazal embedding delicate feelings of a loving heart. Tabun has composed the words of Zameer Kazmi and it's been picturized on Khalid Siddiqui.

20. Aankhon Aankhon Mein Dil Gaya Apna (Saanch Ko Aanch Nahin - 1979) : A beautiful romantic Ghazal sung by Shailendra Singh and picturized on Arun Govil (singing for Madhu Kapoor in the movie). Ramlaxman has composed the words of Kulwant Jaani.

Other than these top twenty, I also like the following bollywood Ghazals very much :

1. Zindagi Jab Bhi Teri Bazm Mein Laati Hai Hamen (Umrao Jaan - 1981) : Sheheryaar's Ghazal, sung beautifully by Talat Aziz (his best in my view) and performed emotionally by Farooq Sheikh (singing for Rekha in the movie).

2. In Aankhon Ki Masti Ke Mastaane Hazaaron Hain (Umrao Jaan - 1981) : A memorable Ghazal from the Sheheryaar-Khayyam-Asha-Rekha team.

3. Dil Cheez Kya Hai Aap Meri Jaan Leejiye (Umrao Jaan - 1981) : The same team presents another gem to the Shaayari-lovers.

4. Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar Beqaraar Hai Ki Nahin (Arth - 1983) : Jagjeet Singh's classic Ghazal picturized on Raj Kiran who sings it for Shabaana Aazmi in the movie. It's been penned by Shabaana's father, Kaifi Aazmi and composer is Jagjeet Singh himself.

5. Tum Itna Jo Muskura Rahe Ho (Arth - 1983) : Another touching Ghazal from the ditto team.

6. Unko Ye Shikaayat Hai Ki Hum Kuchh Nahin Kehte (Adaalat - 1958) : Lata's memorable Ghazal picturized on Nargis, penned by Rajender Krishan and composed by Madan Mohan.

7. Jaana Tha Hum Se Dur Bahaane Bana Liye (Adaalat - 1958) : The same team presents another gem.

8. Patthar Se Sheesha Takra Ke Woh Kehte Hain Dil Toote Na (Saawan Ko Aane Do - 1979) : An underrated Ghazal containing intense emotions which has been sung by C. Anand Kumar for Arun Govil on the screen. Rajkamal has composed the beautiful words of Fauq Jaami.
And you can share your favorites, new and old!  πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
In Aankhon Ke Masti - Umrao Jaan and Dil Kya Cheez I haven't heard the rest! I like Ghazals.
This content was originally posted by: ruky786

In Aankhon Ke Masti - Umrao Jaan and Dil Kya Cheez I haven't heard the rest! I like Ghazals.

Ruky Ruky Ruky, πŸ˜†, do you like my new spiritual route with the topics today?  I am going in a different direction and reinventing myself!  I hope you enjoy it!  😳
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7YKFt-Wplc[/YOUTUBE]

It is a shame that many Ghazals are not made today!  Instead, we have to see the same standard formula over and over again!  Of course, nothing can beat the old Umrao Jaan!  But, I think the ghazals in the new Umrao Jaan were pretty good to!  πŸ˜ƒ
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I loved Salaam and Pooch Rahe Hain from the new Umrao Jaan😳
This content was originally posted by: ruky786

I loved Salaam and Pooch Rahe Hain from the new Umrao Jaan😳

I have seen the new Umrao Jaan with Aish over 50 times!  I swear, can't get enough of how Aish is so graceful in those songs!  My cousin from India bought me the DVD, but it is worn out from watching it so many times!  πŸ˜­πŸ˜†πŸ˜›
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12yxjDV_hLA[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago
Maddy, there is something wrong with the YouTube Link you just posted!  It is saying "Embedding disabled by request, Watch on YouTube."  πŸ˜‰
-Mmmmm- thumbnail

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3unptPIAdMk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqn8GAZ0ATI[/YOUTUBE]