Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
This lady should just quite her mouth.

It has nothing to do with islam and who told her middle east people dont let their childrens watch bollywood movies. This is nonsense they watch bollywood movies so these stupid and ridiculous generalizations should stop because this has nothing to do with islam or middle east.
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Crystal-

This lady should just quite her mouth.

It has nothing to do with islam and who told her middle east people dont let their childrens watch bollywood movies. This is nonsense they watch bollywood movies so these stupid and ridiculous generalizations should stop because this has nothing to do with islam or middle east.

i agree so many of my arab friends watch bollywood movies! 
some even go to theatres to watch em. 
i remember when MNIK came out, a lot of middle easterns went and saw it too! 
Adil112 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

k so ijust watched the video

islam doesnt fear bollywood they wanna stay away from it
islam prohibits naked girls dancing around and even men. bollywood shows drinking, doing drugs and lets face it, movies have a lot of influence on people. bollywood also shows sex before marriage, moving in before marriage (and in some ppl's view it is ALRIGHT) BUT  islam doesnt allow those things. (neither does christianity or judaism) 
k now just because a person in bollywood has a muslim name doesnt neccessarily mean they are practising muslims/ 
for example i watched an interview of shabana azmi and she said she doesn't believe in islam. 

P.S: i am not attacking bollywood, i am crazy about bollywood but i just pointed out why islam wants to stay away from bollywood culture

totally agree with u and not only islam but other religions aswell including hinduism and sikhs prohibit all the things u mentioned so y just target islam.

all the celebs that call them self muslims, hindus, or sikhs or other religion are not represeting the religion they just got the name and they dont follow everything. u seen many times on tv when they got a new moive (going to relase soon)  then they go to thier workship place be it mosque or temple, gudwara etc.

not saying some dont go other wise i beleive all religions are against the things shown in bollywood  which anu-pre4eva mentionsed.

Edited by Adil112 - 12 years ago
Marauders thumbnail

Originally posted by: Adil112

totally agree with u and not only islam but other religions aswell including hinduism and sikhs prohibit all the things u mentioned so y just target islam.

all the celebs that call them self muslims, hindus, or sikhs or other religion are not represeting the religion they just got the name and they dont follow everything. u seen many times on tv when they got a new moive (going to relase soon)  then they go to thier workship place be it mosque or temple, gudwara etc.

not saying some dont go other wise i beleive all religions are against the things shown in bollywood  which anu mentioned.

thank you ! i kind of had a feeling that sikhs and hindus also arent allowed to the stuff i listed but i wasnt sure. but thanks for clearing that out. 
i agree just because a person is a certain religion in a movie industry doesnt mean they are representing people of that religion.(just like Bush doesn't represent all of America. ๐Ÿ˜†) those ppl dont care if they are muslims, hindus, sikhs or whatever. they only care about making money, fame and making sure their movies become hits. ๐Ÿ˜›

Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

but i don't understand how that makes them insecure you know? Some families want their children to stay away from hollywood/ bollywood (and in my POV that is just cruel๐Ÿ˜† i am a movie addict) simply because they don't want their child to get influenced by such things and almost every child gets influenced. i know i do 

Most of the time it is insecurity that does the talking. You cannot dictate what your children do in their lives once, and once they reach a certain age, they will do as they wish. Moreover, you cannot want anything banned simply because it goes against the teachings of your religion - that is discriminatory and against democracy.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 12 years ago
Marauders thumbnail
democracy? ๐Ÿ˜† who TRULY follows democracy anyways?
discriminatory? LOL... there's much worse discrimination that goes on :P 
btw i do agree ur parents cant boss u around once u reach a certain age. 
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wat a degrading post...talking abt construstive criticism nd calm discussion..i dont think so it is possible wen it cums to n e ones religion..it is easy to say lets discuss in calm manner wen ur religion is not invloved...dis topic shld b closed asap...
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Okay first of all, people should be careful when calling a religion insecure without knowing a lot about it.

Muslim people actually love bollywood movies. Am muslim and my parents would rather me watch bollywood movies than a hollywood one...which has kissing scenes and sex scenes every second in their films. Most Muslim people from my country watch bollywood more than hollywood films. Even in the video, it explains how Bollywood has more viewers than Hollywood. Yeah Go bollywood!

we are not insecure. It's our religious practices that doesn't let us drink, have sex before marriage, or watch sex scenes. since when do religious practices makes one insecure?

For people who think Muslims are insecure, I suggest you watch the video. Even on this forum we discuss how bad is Munni and Sheila songs are and how much influence they have on men..recall the guys that were bothering a girl and calling her Shelia. And the guy ended up dying. This is the kind of fear they are talking about!

And also Muslim women are not allowed to be an actress. Because to be an actress you have to be an object of desire, and dance around and wear half naked clothes. And in the video it explains how in bollywood there are a lot of Muslim stars making it big. And the young muslims look up to them and want to be like them! This is where the fear comes in!

And the speaker in the video got it wrong..Katrina Kaif is not muslim in real life. Or she? But she is right, Salman is Muslim.
Marauders thumbnail

Originally posted by: beboholic

Okay first of all, people should be careful when calling a religion insecure without knowing a lot about it.

Muslim people actually love bollywood movies. Am muslim and my parents would rather me watch bollywood movies than a hollywood one...which has kissing scenes and sex scenes every second in their films. Most Muslim people from my country watch bollywood more than hollywood films. Even in the video, it explains how Bollywood has more viewers than Hollywood. Yeah Go bollywood!

we are not insecure. It's our religious practices that doesn't let us drink, have sex before marriage, or watch sex scenes. since when do religious practices makes one insecure?

For people who think Muslims are insecure, I suggest you watch the video. Even on this forum we discuss how bad is Munni and Sheila songs are and how much influence they have on men..recall the guys that were bothering a girl and calling her Shelia. And the guy ended up dying. This is the kind of fear they are talking about!

And also Muslim women are not allowed to be an actress. Because to be an actress you have to be an object of desire, and dance around and wear half naked clothes. And in the video it explains how in bollywood there are a lot of Muslim stars making it big. And the young muslims look up to them and want to be like them! This is where the fear comes in!

And the speaker in the video got it wrong..Katrina Kaif is not muslim in real life. Or she? But she is right, Salman is Muslim.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

how do we truly know salman is muslim? does he follow it?๐Ÿ˜• from what i have seen, no not really. he calls himself half muslim and half hindu... ๐Ÿค”
so that lady in the video should get her facts straight. just cuz a person has  a muslim name doesnt necessarily mean they're practising muslims or even are muslims.
I have a teacher named Mohammad and also a ffriend named Mohammad but they are not muslims... 
people make islam look bad and then call us insecure.
how are we insecure? we're not making anyone look bad... 
insecure people are the ones that show us in a certain way
I agree with anu-prena fan and person above her .'

In Islam you are deemed to be a practicing Muslim. In other words , you have to offer prayers , fast , have faith in oneness of Allah , give poor zakat and Hajj . If a person calls himself a Muslim , like SRK , Aamir or even Salman , and more importantly a non practicing Muslim then sorry to say that such people are not following Islam . Islam is strict about practice and more importantly its all about it . So calling them Muslim which represent "An Average Muslim" is actually far from reality .

And i think this topic shall be closed for peace of this forum.