Why Radical Islam Fears Bollywood Culture

Posted: 12 years ago
Why Radical Islam Fears Bollywood Culture

Ok, I want this topic to be one that educates and calls for constructive criticism.  Please look at it with a open mind and read as follows:  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Shikha Dalmia, a Senior Policy Analyst with the Reason Foundation, discusses why the forces of radical Islam fear the rise of Bollywood culture on the subcontinent.

She says: "The hope was that if can't change the middle east by pointing guns at it, then Hollywood is going to do it. But the problem is that Hollywood is very, very different. It's very alien. But the one force that actually speaks to their concerns is Bollywood, India's film industry. "

"Young people in the middle east are just lapping up Bollywood.. It comes from the same cultural cloth. It reflects the kind of issues that Muslims are dealing with. The same kind of clash between tradition and modernity that Bollywood and India are dealing with."

There is a video to watch Shikha's interview, at the following link:

Click on the video and please do share your thoughts!!  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Because they are insecure.
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Did you watch the video?  What do you think of her comments?  ๐Ÿ˜Š
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Whose insecure? Muslims? 
oh puleaaze. one of the leading religions of the world are insecure?

@goneforever: this topic could get nasty 
Edited by anu-pre4eva - 12 years ago
Marauders thumbnail
k so ijust watched the video

islam doesnt fear bollywood they wanna stay away from it
islam prohibits naked girls dancing around and even men. bollywood shows drinking, doing drugs and lets face it, movies have a lot of influence on people. bollywood also shows sex before marriage, moving in before marriage (and in some ppl's view it is ALRIGHT) BUT  islam doesnt allow those things. (neither does christianity or judaism) 
k now just because a person in bollywood has a muslim name doesnt neccessarily mean they are practising muslims/ 
for example i watched an interview of shabana azmi and she said she doesn't believe in islam. 

P.S: i am not attacking bollywood, i am crazy about bollywood but i just pointed out why islam wants to stay away from bollywood culture
Edited by anu-pre4eva - 12 years ago
anu-pre4eva, I do not want this topic to get nasty.  I thought it was interesting and posted it.  We can all discuss this in a constructive manner.  I appreciate that you can talk about something that may be to senstitive for others.  I find the lady in the video very well-spoken and kudos to her for speaking on something that can strike a chord with many people!  ๐Ÿ˜Š
kash4life thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

This topic could get controversial, especially with people branding the religion insecure in the first post.

I know thats not your intention Im just warning you lol ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

Whose insecure? Muslims? 

No, I never implied that. I meant the ones the topic is about.
Marauders thumbnail
Originally posted by: goneforever

anu-pre4eva, I do not want this topic to get nasty.  I thought it was interesting and posted it.  We can all discuss this in a constructive manner.  I appreciate that you can talk about something that may be to senstitive for others.  I find the lady in the video very well-spoken and kudos to her for speaking on something that can strike a chord with many people!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

oh no i know u do not  want this topic to get nasty but you know what types of comments are posted in these forums ya know? 
Marauders thumbnail

No, I never implied that. I meant the ones the topic is about.

but i don't understand how that makes them insecure you know? Some families want their children to stay away from hollywood/ bollywood (and in my POV that is just cruel๐Ÿ˜† i am a movie addict) simply because they don't want their child to get influenced by such things and almost every child gets influenced. i know i do