Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Facts and data to support ur emails to save PKYEK. (Page 4)

Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Interesting post. I agree with your point regarding the lack of youth shows despite the fact that youth are in majority. However I would like to clarify certain things.

Firstly, TRP or TAM, both are beyond the control of the channels. Its not upto the channel to decide how TRPs would be calculated. This is done by the Ministry of Information and Broadcast. They are the ones who validate this system of measurement and all channels operating in India are subjected to it. The other broader system of measurement is DART which is exclusively for Doordarshan Network.

Secondly, the problem with counting Internet Audience is that Internet operates in free space and are not subjected to the same restrictions as TV. Free hosting sites like YouTube complicate the matter further. You can watch a show or download it over the net at any time you desire free of cost, but you can't do the same on TV. You have to watch it only when the channel broadcasts it and when you tune to the channel, a signal of that particular frequency is sent to the Telecom satellites and these numbers are calculated as TRPs. But maintaining such a system over the net is impossible.

Thirdly, foreign viewers are not counted in ratings because of 2 reasons. First due to difference in time zones prime times are different and second, the taxing policies of different countries are different. So revenues can never be collected from foreign channels as per their native country's income rate. In India, ratings of foreign channels are counted as per Indian system and they are no way close to the actual ratings of those channels in their own country of origin.

So I think it won't make any difference by complaining about the rating system to the channel or the production house.Tongue

I know and understand what you are saying. Channel can't change TRP system, It is very difficult to change Ministry's age old methods. But how can channel base their revenue generation system on the methods that don't work on youth. Internet is the key for this generation. How can the channel ignore such an important revenue source. Youth are the next generation. How can channel ignore the needs of next generation. How the advertisers ignore youth? 

Only my aunts and grand mom see the saas bahu shows and they tell me not to go for advertised things. Then who are the advertisers advertising for? Isn't it time to rethink the methods?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism-Doppelganger-

romaila IF-Addictz
romaila
romaila

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
thanx Ritzie...will defo add above info in next mail.

RitzieSupermagical

kaushiki9 IF-Rockerz
kaushiki9
kaushiki9

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged
i have mailed & sent them feedback... :)

i hope it'll help

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritzie

SheDevil IF-Sizzlerz
SheDevil
SheDevil

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged
I have called,i have sent mails 2 each & everyone.I actually sent mail 2 all ppl whom sanju mentioned in post & i luv ur points ritzie.I added tht 2 my mail

RitzieSupermagical

.syeda. Goldie
.syeda.
.syeda.

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:43am | IP Logged
gud article.. Y dont starone ppl make sure dat they are the only ones who upload the serial on the net then dat way by allowing ads they can earn a lot i am sure everyday abt 30000 ppl watch pkyek on youtube and after a few mnths each of these videos views become abt 80000-90000.. if they divide each epi into 4 parts and upload then hust imagine the money they cud earn...
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 6:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by syedasaniya

gud article.. Y dont starone ppl make sure dat they are the only ones who upload the serial on the net then dat way by allowing ads they can earn a lot i am sure everyday abt 30000 ppl watch pkyek on youtube and after a few mnths each of these videos views become abt 80000-90000.. if they divide each epi into 4 parts and upload then hust imagine the money they cud earn...

Its impossible to do that. Youtube is a free hosting site. Its not liable to any company's restrictions unless its under Copyright. You can't expect the Government to issue a Copyright for every single episode!! And as I said earlier, internet audience can never generate any revenue for the Channel or the PH, because videos can be watched at any time and for as many time as one wishes to. If the Channel charges Youtube for its videos, then Youtube owners will become beggars in a day and Youtube will no longer be a free site.

We need to understand that making a serial is in the hands of the channel, but framing the system of revenue generation or deciding how the serials would be rated is not in their hands. Its the job of the Government and this holds true for all countries.Big smile

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 24 May 2011 at 6:12am
Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:48am | IP Logged

Its impossible to do that. Youtube is a free hosting site. Its not liable to any company's restrictions unless its under Copyright. You can't expect the Government to issue a Copyright for every single episode!! And as I said earlier, internet audience can never generate any revenue for the Channel or the PH, because videos can be watched at any time and for as many time as one wishes to. If the Channel charges Youtube for its videos, then Youtube owners will become beggars in a day and Youtube will no longer be a free site.

We need to understand that making a serial is in the hands of the channel, but framing the system of revenue generation or deciding how the serials would be rated is not in their hands. Its the job of the Government and this holds true for all countries.Big smile

@blue that's not true. People are earning millions (billions) out of Internet. You just need to think out of the box. My question is if an established company like Star One can't hire people who think out of the box then who can? The solution can't be to leave the audience instead of tapping the right resources.

@Red Commercial companies take their own decisions for revenue generations. If that was not true, Ambwanis' won't be listed in top 10 rich people in the world that too doing business in Indian currency. My point is I can't believe that Star One depends on Age old government rating systems to take decisions on their revenue generations systems. Either this is is rumor or Star One's all decisions will fail. Confused 

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ritzie

@blue that's not true. People are earning millions (billions) out of Internet. You just need to think out of the box. My question is if an established company like Star One can't hire people who think out of the box then who can? The solution can't be to leave the audience instead of tapping the right resources.

@Red Commercial companies take their own decisions for revenue generations. If that was not true, Ambwanis' won't be listed in top 10 rich people in the world that too doing business in Indian currency. My point is I can't believe that Star One depends on Age old government rating systems to take decisions on their revenue generations systems. Either this is is rumor or Star One's all decisions will fail. Confused 

You are not trying to understand facts. People who earn money through net, render certain services exclusively to their entrepreneur. But YouTube is not among those commercial organization. Hosting videos can never be such a service. Because anyone can view videos on YouTube for unlimited times and can do it for free. If somehow (I don't know how) all the channels manages to tap these views and charge the YouTube, YouTube will become beggar in a day. Nor would we get to see videos on YouTube for free. Because YouTube will extract the money from the viewers to pay the channels. Infact I think its YouTube who should charge the channel for hosting its videos. But youtube doesn't do that. It allows uploaders to upload and download videos for free. Isn't this more than enough philanthropy for internet users?

Commercials work on a different process from that of TV serials. Commercials can be generated through several processes - TV, News Papers, Posters, Hoardings, Internet etc. Their scope is much wider. But TV shows can't accept these means otherwise the thing called Television itself would be extinct. And let me repeat this once again, Revenue generation cannot and should not be completely in the hands of the channel or any private entrepreneur. Otherwise the system of Taxing will come to an end. There will be no official taxes on these income as they themselves are unfixed, unpredictable and unofficial.

Promoting the shows is a different matter. The channel may promote the shows through any of the above means, but that cannot be a credit for revenue generation. Infact the channel has to pay the organizations like Radio/FM, News papers or Websites to promote its shows.

The Government's TRP system is not at all age-old. It was framed in recent times. Previously they used a manual Diary system to collect the ratings. Star One is intrinsically low on TRPs because of its limited Geographical coverage in India. Other than major cities, its hard to get Star One in India. But if the channel tries to find 'Out of the box' ways which doesn't comply with the laws, they will end up in jail and the channel itself will be banned. I suggest you see the pros and cons of a law or a system before calling it outdated or irrelevant.

Look, I am not discouraging you to support your favourite shows (infact I also want SO to retain its youth flavour and come up with better shows for us), but by remaining oblivious to facts you'll end up barking at the wrong tree.

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 24 May 2011 at 12:50pm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index