Facts and data to support ur emails to save PKYEK.

Ritzie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi All

Yesterday after going through the panic attacks provided by Star One, I was just rethinking about the whole TRP thing. Because to convince Star One to change their minds we need facts and data to support them. They need to know that Indian youth are intelligent and they are loosing on an important audience and thus revenue if they close the shows. 

Here are some of the facts that can be used in your emails (apart from sentiments). Sentiments play very important role in sympathising but facts and data to help them in convincing that it may not be actually very wise for them to close the youth based shows. It would have been good if all the youth-based shows fans can join hands but we can still use the data to show them how popular the shows are. 

1. Youth constitute a very big chunk of Indian population. 30% of Indian population are less than 14 years (Source: https://www.indexmundi.com/india/age_structure.html) and 67% between 15- 64 years. The median age of Indian population is 25.1 years. This means that a major chunk of Indian population is still untapped for revenue and advertisements. 

2. There are very less youth-based shows and the shows which are there are extremely popular. Then why the TRPs seem to be low. This only means that the wrong methods are being used to count TRPs for youth-based shows. And thus, wrong methods are being used to generate revenues from those shows. How about using Google analytics to analyse your web stats and then see where your TRPs go. How about using Google Ads for generating your revenues and see where your revenue go. These are just very small examples and we are sure that Star One team have much more intelligent people than us who can find more ways than just to scrap things.

3. Youth are more focussed and they can do things collectively for their loving shows. Look at the online petitions going on for the requests to reconsider your decisions. Save PKYEK mission itself has generated 10000 signed requests in just a single day. Here is the supporting petition:

There are similar petitions going on for Saving Geet and other shows.

4. Youth mostly work on laptops, plasmas hooked with internet and smart phones rather than old-age tvs. So, you will find them on youtube, India-forums, Facebook, Twitter. Target them for your revenue and not just base your decisions on old-age methods of TRPs. You will loose your audience as well as important source of revenues that can be tapped.

5. ⭐️For revenue purposes, you should also consider tapping international audience. Many of us buy Hindi channel packs just to watch Youth shows and not Saas-bahu dramas. We watch through youtube and other online sites which can be easily tapped for revenues. We are the people who can afford to watch the shows more than once. Do you mean you are going to waste all the audience you have achieved and start from scratch? That doesn't sound very wise from a channel of million of viewers.  

⭐️ - New points

That's it for now. I will keep on adding the points when I can think of more. You can give your ideas and we can make very good emails using these data to convince them. 

If you want to attach the Excel file for the name of all the petitions, then it can be downloaded  from
(Thanks Rupa (abhaylove) for uploading it there)

For email addresses and phone numbers, see these post by Sanjana:

And sanchita got two more email addresses for us:

Monica Sadhu [email protected] (212-852-7753) and Subhash Singh at [email protected] (212-852-7221) Fax # 212-852-7855 

Edited by Ritzie - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ritzie I gave a tight reply in PKYEK page of star one. What they think? We youths are useless.😡
~Serendipity~ thumbnail
u know jo bhi ho..but still pkyek is on d top of starone...!!!!!!!
so dey can't do dis...i got some news dat some another show{i am not supposed to take name}..is not closing for another 1 year...so i think dey can't close dis rocking show whch has more trps den d other one..dey can close!!!!...
--sunshine-- thumbnail
@Ritzie: thanx alot now i know what i have to do
@devina: dont worry at all, we people are together and we will not let happen this to our show
--sunshine-- thumbnail
@Ritzie: hats off to u yr u did proper research and star one people really needs to read dis and i guess i will copt down whole thing in my mail
~Serendipity~ thumbnail
@sanju~yeah...till we all r united...no one can dare to touch our awesome show...!!..we won't let dem end pkyek at any cost..!
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
f**k star one. if they see me crying, they should see my pain. f**k life. i am sick, and already have enough personal stress. thanks starone for adding this stress on me.eat me up
sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ritzie I already sent them mails. In my next mail I will add ur points.
Ritzie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good work Gurmita, Sanju and Sanchita. Use the points as you want. We will try our best to save the show.

-rupa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yes if shows are youth based then they should find out ways to get new TRP system rather than watching telecast shows to get the TRP. 

To generate revenue they can come with different ideas like showing movies/reality shows/new serials rather then repeating those 5 shows 10 times
Even they can collect huge revenue from NET with proper advertisement of there shows. ( one of the best of doing business ) . Well i dont have much ideas about there buisness so i might be wrong but why not thinking out of box then ending everything .

Is the OLD trp has to with Ad ...that is way they get the revenue . In that case the same can be put on net .

PS : I guess we should put some facts too on the emails to make them  understand 😆