NivRen: Dil to Baccha Hai Ji (#74) - Page 49

Posted: 12 years ago
Hey Usha...how are you??

Hi Bowya...you are new to this thread?? Welcome to the world of NivRen
It did not seem to me that Sid truly moved on.  I hope they don't play reunite Sid and Nivi because that will show NIvi to be more shallow then we are led to believe.
hi usha and peaches ... uff these cts will drive us bad and no one ever points at sid .. i am also hating sid
uuusha ๐Ÿค—

@peachandcream & bowva
hi girls!!!
Originally posted by peachesandcream

It did not seem to me that Sid truly moved on.  I hope they don't play reunite Sid and Nivi because that will show NIvi to be more shallow then we are led to believe.

yesss dat'l be really lame if they do dat. after all u cant just make mockery of marriage and from wat we'v seen, RS is not dat kind
Not liking where the show seems to be headed lately and I'm reading updates rather then watching the show, and of course the forum.  I would like to see some happpy light moments.

Formulas of Television by Sneha & Shweta

Today we as T T bring you a very interesting conversation between our two reporters Shweta and Sneha  on a very stimulating and  engaging subject... Knowing both are right in their way  , we leave the final  verdict to you and invite you to join this fun filled discussion... 

Tried and Tested Formulas by Sneha 

Today shows have become lot more cautious and careful about the way they develop their stories as they want to raise their TRPs, which defines the popularity of the show. There are various ways  the creative teams accomplish this โ€“ by doing a song sequence, the typical saas bahu fights, the birth secret track, or following a popular movie theme such as track of dostana,  and of course the cute fights and make ups between the leads. They do not work out all the time but  one has got to do something to keep the show going and what better way than to use these tried and tested formulas.

Song sequence - One of most common and entertaining way to boost up the TRPs of the show. We have seen many shows such as Geet, Pavitra Rishta, Saural Genda Phool and many more shows that do that. Songs are roped in whether its  in a dream sequence,  or during the marriages,  and festivals such as Diwali and Holi. What is so great about this formula?? The greatness lies in shifting of the track which  makes it more entertaining and enjoyable. We get to see the leads in  different avatar, which is always good for a change. Some of the popular songs used recently are kurbaan hua and the wedding songs in Geet, Baaho ke Darmiean played on Viren and Nivi in Chand Chupa Badal Mein and Tip Tip Barsa Pani in KitniMohabbat hai. Hence its a'sure shot funda for succeess.

Movie Tracks โ€“ One of the most popular  track  is  that of dostana which was played in Mile Jab Hum Tum between Benji and Uday on various occasion. Maybe it was the way the scenes were portrayed by Benji and Uday or maybe it was the track but one thing is for sure, it never ceased to bring the laughter to the audience. One of the most common track is the amnesia track which has been shown in countless movies and currently this track is being played in both Sasural Genda Phool and Sanjog Se Bani Sagini.

The famous saas bahu drama โ€“ the one track that has been going on forever! Shows like Pratigya, Sanjog Se Bani Sagini, Chand Chupa Badal Mein, Pavitra Rishta and many more have tried this track and it works like charm each time. Times have change and so have the preference and concept in the television industry but it is funny how some things never change. Same old story โ€“ saas torturing her bahu either because she is not from well to do family or because his son went ahead and married the girl against his mother's wish... or sometimes both. And the poor bahu who just seems to have no choice but to take in all the atyachars being thrown at her by her not-so-dear-mother-in-law. This is one of the great way to create drama and tension in the show, not only it keeps audience at the edge but it also makes them curious as to see what will happen next.

Saving Damsel  in distress โ€“ one formula that no matter how many times you show the audience โ€“especially the girls โ€“  they can never seem to get enough off. We all fall for those intense gaze the guy gives to his love, the way he always saves her from the all downfalls at the right moment when the terrified girl is surrounded by jerks! Oh and then of course she gets hurt in the process and the guy carries her in a bridal style melting not only the girl's heart but ours as well in the process. No matter how mad the guy  is with the girl he will always be there for her in all the difficult times and in the process they make up if they have  had a fight, or makes the person  realize the importance of the other person which finally leads to the confession scene. Hence  these all scenes so makes us wish that we had a guy like that in our lives too.

So thus here are a few of the tried and tested formulas that have worked almost all the times in the shows. They bring in new twist,  as new character gets introduced which again leads to more dramas and tension which keeps the show going. There  are more formulas  that work wonders when it comes to TRPs and the audience.And if old works why take a risk with new..

Formula of Television by Shweta

Clichs are an inevitable part of our lives, especially on television. Of course one can't expect originality all the time considering the number of soaps being aired every day. However, using the same tested formula in every alternate episode is a total turnoff. It seems the makers think that the audiences are a bunch of hopeless romantics who are diagnosed with short term memory loss!  Watching these soaps is like permanently living in a state of Dj vu; predictable yet amusing.

Pure unadulterated romance (read Rajshree films) is over hyped in this nation. Whether reality speaks otherwise or not, such pristine romance is worshiped by the people. This 'touch me not' romance is fully exploited by the makers and they have a standard procedure which begins with the girl falling off a ladder, or slipping from nowhere right into the arms of the hero in a perfectly choreographed sequence. The romance then builds when her dupatta gets caught in his wrist watch, button or even the door knob (for crying out loud!) followed by some very classic dialogues like "ChodoArmaan.." Getting stuck in the lift, being abandoned in the forest and spending the night in a perfectly comfortable shack (the regular hay, a single cot and fireplace setup) are the more popular methods of introducing romance in the scheme of events. The best (and my personal favorite) is the one where the hero lifts the girl in his arms every time she falls (which is a lot by the way!) Any other normal person would have complained of spinal disorders but our muscled hero keeps lifting her off the floor like she's another of his dumbbells in his workout regime! The worst is the part where they stare at each other. At times the staring lasts up to seven minutes (I once timed it) and how insufferable were those seven minutes!

The saas bahu era had its own set of clichs in the form of plastic surgeries, multiple weddings, vamps and illegitimate children. Irrespective of these shortcomings the viewership of these soaps lasted for a decade before it met its natural end. It is true that television these days is an extension of Bollywood but copying the plots of few hit flicks (namely Jab We Met, Kaho Na Pyar hai, DDL J) is a stretch. Delivering those very plots and dialogues like a novelty is like challenging the intelligence of the viewers! 

Author - Sneha & Shweta
T T 

Gals.. CT's have gone through so much to show NivRen coming together after so  many hurdles and making them the best pair...why would they break it...yes they will show more hurdles cause CC and HL truth has to come out...

They cannot have Nivi go to Sid as this will be completely ridiculous
Edited by Raj_Luv_NiViren - 12 years ago
hai rshree,,,,,, thanks ya,,,,, may i know your name?