Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
KZK was a good show at one point...probably the only K-show out of the first big three that I followed regularly at one point...but I stopped watching after it got too convoluted with the whole Anurag-Prerna-Bajaj drama started *rolls eyes*

But later on, PM were the best thing about that show and I will still cherish that about it...the cast was fantastic too...a great set of actors...especially Shweta, Ronit, MB, Tina.

KMH1 etc. type chindi shows toh bahut baad mein aaye...the original K-shows actually used to atleast have POWERFUL actors...nowadays toh she usually only casts expressionless newbies :P
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Depends...watched Bagbaan the other day again and yes it can work, only in tv its like follow the leader...a production house  comes out with a good concept but then it falls into pithole of the same old crap of backstabbers, complete degradation of characters, leads that never becomes romances...Basera with RK and Pallavi S started off with a good concept of older couples but somehow instead of developing interconnected parallel tracks, it became too one sided and negative early on and caused its demise...
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: divan

Depends...watched Bagbaan the other day again and yes it can work, only in tv its like follow the leader...a production house  comes out with a good concept but then it falls into pithole of the same old crap of backstabbers, complete degradation of characters, leads that never becomes romances...Basera with RK and Pallavi S started off with a good concept of older couples but somehow instead of developing interconnected parallel tracks, it became too one sided and negative early on and caused its demise...

Basera was never really about the story of the couple...it was always more of a Baghban type story of the relationship of that couple with their children and how they abandon them...they showed grown children in that show for the couple.

In this show, there are no children in the mix...the focus is straight up on the mature couple's love story...their relationship...that is the difference.
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -Fivr-

@red: Don't forget random illegitimate kids coming out of the woodworks without warning or vindictive exes! Oh and off course the 1001 return-from-the-dead tracks! 🤣

Lovely topic, all. I had a very pleasant shock logging on today and seeing not only that the forum is opened already (usually forums aren't even open until after the show has begun😆) but also that there are some excellent discussions already going on. 

@Red - arre Fivr, give them a month or so before the 1001 returns from the dead! ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ The thing is, for me at least, that despite the fact that I know that Ekta will resort to such tricks at some stage...despite the fact that there will be forced marriages, evil step mothers, deaths and miraculous rebirths etc, I will still be able to tolerate that because of the actors. They will be the ones to elevate the show from mediocrity.

Though, having said that, I think even Ekta realises that the era of the audiences mindlessly accepting her "bag full o'tricks" has long since passed, and that this is a new time in which the audience is not so easily forgiving. I hope that this means she will have learnt her lesson in some ways, and will keep the silliness mostly out of it. 

edit: @ Anu - that song has been playing on a loop in my head ever since that first ad! ðŸ˜† really fallen in love with it again...
Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
-SilverFlames- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
There is no certain 'age' as you have it to fall in love, I mean most people have this notion that falling is love is about being young, youthful but instead its something that makes you feel that way.
You hear about people as old as 70/80 falling in love and I find it so cute/romantic. 

Yet like Fivr said its more about perception than ability and I am actually glad that Indian TV is looking into a MATURED sort of romance than the ordinary 18-30 year old love stories we have dominating TV. I think seeing another side to relationships than just when we are young living in a joint family vaghera vaghera.

A lot of people nowadays wait till 30.. I don't know about everywhere but especially in UK you see how people around you are waiting to find a responsible and caring and mostly mature person who can take marriage with the good and the bad.

I mean marriage isn't just love and babies. Its about understanding and being able to emotionally and physically being able to commit to somebody whilst juggling bills, household issues. So if you are young and don't find someone like that then why not wait till you meet someone who shares your ideas and dreams and understands you.  

^^ That sounds like babble.. but I hope you get what I mean.. =)
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _Sanjana23_

There is no certain 'age' as you have it to fall in love, I mean most people have this notion that falling is love is about being young, youthful but instead its something that makes you feel that way.

You hear about people as old as 70/80 falling in love and I find it so cute/romantic

Yet like Fivr said its more about perception than ability and I am actually glad that Indian TV is looking into a MATURED sort of romance than the ordinary 18-30 year old love stories we have dominating TV. I think seeing another side to relationships than just when we are young living in a joint family vaghera vaghera.

A lot of people nowadays wait till 30.. I don't know about everywhere but especially in UK you see how people around you are waiting to find a responsible and caring and mostly mature person who can take marriage with the good and the bad.

I mean marriage isn't just love and babies. Its about understanding and being able to emotionally and physically being able to commit to somebody whilst juggling bills, household issues. So if you are young and don't find someone like that then why not wait till you meet someone who shares your ideas and dreams and understands you.  

^^ That sounds like babble.. but I hope you get what I mean.. =)

I don't think it sounds like babble; in fact, I think you are absolutely right. There isn't and shouldn't be any age limit on love, and for that matter on passionate love. 

I think we have gotten used to the idea in film and TV of love being this magical, fairy tale world with dream sequences and roses and romance all the time. But life isn't like that, and fairytales don't last. I mean, no body ever tried to find out what life was like after Cinderella married the prince and had three children and a mountain of food to cook ðŸ˜† Actually, it's exciting and interesting to (hopefully) see a show about two people not "falling" in love, but learning to love, which is a different thing and probably longer lasting than the 'love at first sight' school. 
divan thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Basera was never really about the story of the couple...it was always more of a Baghban type story of the relationship of that couple with their children and how they abandon them...they showed grown children in that show for the couple.

In this show, there are no children in the mix...the focus is straight up on the mature couple's love story...their relationship...that is the difference.

I still believe the romantic angle of AB and Hema was a strong draw of the film.  From the promos of the Bade Ache they are showing RK and Priya as a couple already...
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: divan

I still believe the romantic angle of AB and Hema was a strong draw of the film.  From the promos of the Bade Ache they are showing RK and Priya as a couple already...

It was ONE of the major draws...but the movie is different cuz it anyways showed GROWN children for the couple like I mentioned in my previous post...Ram and Priya do not have any children...they aren't in their FIFTIES or SIXTIES. Baghban was basically the story of PARENTS more than a couple FALLING in love with each other...AB-Hema were an ESTABLISHED couple in that story when the movie begins...BALH is about a JOURNEY.

The promos show the overall journey of Ram and Priya as I mentioned in my previous post in this thread around page 4 or 5...the show will obviously not start with RP already married...it will build to that point.

The whole premise of this show is that it's not about an OLD couple...they are more mature than the average couples on TV in their 20s or some 19 year old woman marrying a 50 year old buddha, but they aren't over the hill either...this pair is unique and refreshing.
divan thumbnail
Yes current soaps are all about teens to early twenties romance but then most of Ekta shows has been about a romance between older couples (bar Kasam se and Bandini) and those are the shows that have had a longer runs then most of the recent ones.  Nowadays if a shows runs for 2/3 years its lucky...the trick is knowing how to keep stretching the romance angle between the lead couple.
Sanely_Insane thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely topic Sushy...and there is some wonderful discussion going on in this thread...😳
Lemme try to put my point forward...*scared muh* ðŸ˜†
I don't think so age has anything to do with falling in love...it can happen anytime at any age...Of course the way to show your love changes...the love that happens at a tender age is different in its execution... but the love that happens at a matured age is different...the people have different way of showing their love for each other...there is lot of respect for each other. There are no PDA's or any such stuff unlike the young age love...and there is a lot of understanding between each other... I don't think so the matured people use the words I Love You too often...i mean i have never heard my parents say I Love You to each although they loved each other deeply...😳 Whereas my cousin keeps saying his wife the same words very often ðŸ˜† The point i am trying to say is...the people who fall in love after "that age" as u said have a lot of maturity and understanding...and their way of showing love is different...! ðŸ˜³