Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
As already stated by others, the way one perceives love changes with age. Its off with the tinted glasses, raging hormones and stuff. An individual delays marriage for a certain reason, be it family, career, responsibilities, etc. Couple that with pragmatism, it take time to fall in love.

Personally, not particularly fond of love after marriage concept. Throw a couple together where they are expected to 'make it work', add a few well-meaning 'cupids' and sparks are bound to fly. It would have been more interesting had they focused on a falling in love to marriage path, with the clashes and all, rather than a post-marriage love story. That said, looking forward to the show. Hope they try and stick to the basic concept. And don't convert it into a saas-bahu drama for TRPs. 
-Roopa- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Very nicely said, Roopa! I especially agree about the JOY...passion and everything else...perspectives evolve with time and age, no doubt...but the JOY that love brings in your life is the same...no matter what the age...

Eagerly waiting for the show just for this unique concept as it is very rare to see such LS on screen..
hoping that  they handle this concept well..

Edited by -Roopa- - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Eventide

As already stated by others, the way one perceives love changes with age. Its off with the tinted glasses, raging hormones and stuff. An individual delays marriage for a certain reason, be it family, career, responsibilities, etc. Couple that with pragmatism, it take time to fall in love.

Personally, not particularly fond of love after marriage concept. Throw a couple together where they are expected to 'make it work', add a few well-meaning 'cupids' and sparks are bound to fly. It would have been more interesting had they focused on a falling in love to marriage path, with the clashes and all, rather than a post-marriage love story. That said, looking forward to the show. Hope they try and stick to the basic concept. And don't convert it into a saas-bahu drama for TRPs. 

I too would have preferred that they show a love story without the trappings of a marriage instantly...that would have been actually gutsy on Ekta's part...to show two mature individuals in their 30s/40s who happen to eventually fall in love without being forced into a marriage...but I guess she has to bring in her saas-bahu drama from SOMEWHERE...and apparently no soap on desi TV is complete unless there's a majboori/forced marriage to throw ppl together and THEN make them fall in love.  When I'd first read about this show, that is what I'd thought might be the story...that they'd fall in love without any forced marriage drama...something along the lines of those Hollywood rom-coms like One Fine Day or something...not exactly young love.

And even now, based on the synopsis...it seems it will take a little time atleast for Ram and Priya to eventually get married...the marriage will be a catalyst for them to spend more time together I guess but otherwise they will have some interactions outside of that in the show for a bit it seems.

The concept has potential but it all depends on execution...they have the advantage of two very good actors also so it remains to be seen how that is utilized.
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: nureat01

LOL the entire LTL forum is here๐Ÿ˜†

That right there kinda answers your question too, Srushti...DN were a mature love story too even if they were younger than the characters in this show. The ppl that liked that are hoping to see a maturely dealt with love story here too.

For me personally, I want to see a mature love story without the trappings of the usual trip-catch, high on hormones romance all over TV...

Now I have no illusions...this is a Kekta show so it will have a lot of cliched stuff...but what I'm hoping for is that the fact that these two characters and actors are not from any angle the type that would fit into HAWT scenes...ESPECIALLY Ram at this point๐Ÿ˜†...that leaves less of a chance of those kind of nonsensical scenes to be shown.

I agree - not all of us have our dupattas flying off in the middle off the street - and if that does ever happen due to strong winds, then the dupatta usually lands in a puddle of dirty water or in the middle of the street.. Definitely NOT on some prince charming's face leaving him mesmerized. So really, I can honestly do without the nonsensical "strong winds" and the "unnaturally long eye-locks/trip catches". Just give me a REGULAR love story - something I can look at and go "Hey! I can see this happening..".. And like you said, the actors do not really seem the kind who can pull of the current "HAWT scenes" on TV anyways, so I'm keeping my fingers - and toes - crossed!

And one more thing...there are many ways of showing passion and soul...most of TV takes the easy, cliched route with the standard sort of "passionate" scenes...but it all depends on how it is SHOWN...the characters in this case are in their 40s and 30s respectively...that doesn't mean that they are DEAD...that their life is OVER.

The idea that they are going with...that love has a funny and unexpected way of catching up with you when you least expect it and when you think that it's not for you anyways as you've settled into a rhythm of life...I like that thought...and that is the thought I hope to see explored nicely in this show...baaki toh Kekta MAAYI hi jaanein๐Ÿ˜†

Haye, how I wish that they actually handle this idea with maturity and show us something we can appreciate! That is so true - right when you think that love isn't for you.. That's it's just an excuse used to justify the silly behavior of people high on hormonal imbalance.. At that point, it just comes and silently takes you by surprise. And it teaches you that love cannot be classified - it not something "young people" do or something that makes you want to "run around trees singing duets". It is what YOU want it to be and it can only be classified with the immense care/attachment/joy you feel with respect to the other person. *sigh* Anu! I really wish this is handled better - not a lot, but just a LITTLE better than the usual Kekta nonsense.. ๐Ÿ˜

Every show on TV right now anyways is about a love story after marriage...but this show is for now showing the possibility of different TREATMENT to that subject...exploring it in a softer, sweeter manner...to show a gradual growth to a relationship b/w two individuals...how a bond grows b/w two ppl...I don't think age is a bar to that any respect...not to me atleast...I'm curious to see how that is explored in this show. Plus knowing that we have two SUPERB actors in the leads gives me one satisfaction atleast that I won't be watching amateurish acting like the kind that abounds on TV in general these days.

*sighs*

*hopeful muh*

Wouldn't that be a treat to watch - because she has the ACTORS with enough talent to pull this off, assuming that she decides to use their acting prowess in the proper manner.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Fivr-

I agree - not all of us have our dupattas flying off in the middle off the street - and if that does ever happen due to strong winds, then the dupatta usually lands in a puddle of dirty water or in the middle of the street.. Definitely NOT on some prince charming's face leaving him mesmerized. So really, I can honestly do without the nonsensical "strong winds" and the "unnaturally long eye-locks/trip catches". Just give me a REGULAR love story - something I can look at and go "Hey! I can see this happening..".. And like you said, the actors do not really seem the kind who can pull of the current "HAWT scenes" on TV anyways, so I'm keeping my fingers - and toes - crossed!

Seriously Fivr that is the one guarantee...that both the actors are mature and have never even in the shows that made them so popular...had any sort of the typical cliched trip-catch stuff...can you even IMAGINE Ram doing a trip-catch with Sakshi in this show? I think I'll die laughing๐Ÿ˜†

What they DO have going for them tremendously is the potential for MATURE conversational chemistry...I was just noticing the graph of the promos if we see carefully...the five main promos give us the overall story in a nutshell...the first one introducing them seperately...Priya a free spirit enjoying the rain, bright, happy, positive...Ram the cynic...shutting down the window with a snap and refusing to take pleasure in any of the simple joys in life. Promo 2...Priya is wearing a chooda...indicating that she's newly married...so moving to phase two in their relationship...they are now married...and having initial awkward interactions...he's watching the rain with her this time...not enjoying it as much as her but opening up already...and they have a conversation about whether either of them has found love in life..."kamaal hai"๐Ÿ˜†...the bond grows...phase 3...sabzi mandi promo...much more typical hubby-wifey...you can see his affection growing more for her by this point...phase 4...snoring promo...LOL again a progressive growth in comfort level...Priya teasing him full on...phase 5...hichki promo...this time HE teases her๐Ÿ˜†

The promos genuinely look intelligently shot like they have a proper thought process behind giving a gist of the whole story...no wonder they've drawn many of us in cuz these aren't timepass promos...even the synopsis is much more detailed than it is for most shows.

Ram-Priya's relationship seems like it will be this soft, mature blossoming of affection, understanding, love and trust b/w them...what mature relationships are made of that aren't based on whims and flights of fancies as they are in youth.

Ok I rambled there a bit too much...dunno if that makes sense๐Ÿ˜†

Haye, how I wish that they actually handle this idea with maturity and show us something we can appreciate! That is so true - right when you think that love isn't for you.. That's it's just an excuse used to justify the silly behavior of people high on hormonal imbalance.. At that point, it just comes and silently takes you by surprise. And it teaches you that love cannot be classified - it not something "young people" do or something that makes you want to "run around trees singing duets". It is what YOU want it to be and it can only be classified with the immense care/attachment/joy you feel with respect to the other person. *sigh* Anu! I really wish this is handled better - not a lot, but just a LITTLE better than the usual Kekta nonsense.. ๐Ÿ˜ I realllyyy hope that it's well handled too, Fivr yaar...there's tremendousss scope...the way the synopsis describes their characters too shows SO much scope for development as they point out each detailed difference b/w them...I especially liked how they talked about Priya's perspective on life...I want to see how these two clash, come together and affect each other in various ways...Ekta herself doesn't seem to be marketing this as a usual run of the mill thing either...and the song *sigh* It's just sooo beautiful and if used well in this show will elevate it to a whole another level! I hope they use other classic songs on them too...I think it mentions in the character synopsis that Ram is a secret fan of old songs that he never tells anyone about...I want to see how him and Priya bond over the little, soft, subtle things...that is what would be nice to watch...I feel more than a "love story" so to speak, it's a RELATIONSHIP story.

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
The show is'nt started yet nd really good to see soo much people here discussing da show..!!!๐Ÿ˜›

I hope dis show nd forum will simply rock..!!!๐Ÿฅณ
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Anu: Lol!! I don't think you'll be the only one choking on their laughter if Ram does a trip-catch-sequence.. In fact I think I might just PHYSICALLY roll on the floor laughing if that happens! ๐Ÿคฃ These two actors definitely deserve well written, conversational scenes because they have the CALIBER to execute them with brilliance. Toh to give them any less or to have them do something so mundane and lame as trip-catches and eye-locks would really be an insult to their talent. And I don't have the patience for that either.. ๐Ÿ˜†

Waise now that you mention, those promos DO tell a story.. I just had never looked at it that way.. *bows to Anu's insight* Kya baat hai Anu jee! ๐Ÿ˜ I find their conversation (in the second promo - where they ask each other if they've ever fallen in love) too amazing too! Kaise aram sey SIMPLY baat kar rahey hotey hain. No "dhan-dhan-dhan" in your face clashes or any overly imposing romantic theme in the promo.. Just a simply conversation between two people as they share a view.

And I do notice how differently Ekta's been promoting this show - but then I was dismissing it as my post-LTL awareness of shows. LTL k baad toh I've sort of forgotten how Ekta works in her subtle promotions and stuff.. The big things I remember, but ye choti moti cheezain I tend to forget.. *sigh* Khair, LTL aur us k effects are clearly not of importance here.. ๐Ÿ˜†

And WORD @ it being a relationship story! I love that phrase Anu! That's exactly what it is!! Not a "lowe" story! Not an "opposites attract" story.. But a RELATIONSHIP story between two people.. Opposite hain ya nahi, that comes secondary.. And I want to see that RELATIONSHIP grow - slowly, through subtle gestures.. *sigh* ๐Ÿ˜

P.S. This discussion reminds me so STARKLY of LTL.. *sigh*
Edited by -Fivr- - 12 years ago
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Ok...since no one mentioned it...I read somewhere that there is going to be another track here too...That of a couple who have love marriage...apparently Ram sister will marry priya's young brotherso Kekta true to her style is going to keep a young couple around just as a insurance if she has to resort to those long eyelocks,triping on bed and catching and marhaam patti scenes..

Another actress i am wanting to watch again is the actress who played Vishakha bajaj in kasauti zindagi ki...I loved her in that..she is some RAdio jockey too..has awesome pronunciation and stylish too boot..but for love of God i can't remember her name!
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
awesome post Sru๐Ÿ‘

as for their age well u know what they say...that is age ain't nothing but a number and u can be 100 year old with no tooth left in one's mouth and still madly/deeply fall in love.

plus one of the main reason I'm watching this is because the couple ain't young lovers but two wonderful middle age people who deserve love and somehow did not let their age stand in their way of finding that love.

so u see darling what age u r does not really matter it's all about how u feel that count.

oh Ekta please don't ruin this or put those who will  in charge of it.

look around and see how many are already in here wait for that to start, do not disappoint us please woman

Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shilpita87

Ok...since no one mentioned it...I read somewhere that there is going to be another track here too...That of a couple who have love marriage...apparently Ram sister will marry priya's young brotherso Kekta true to her style is going to keep a young couple around just as a insurance if she has to resort to those long eyelocks,triping on bed and catching and marhaam patti scenes..

Another actress i am wanting to watch again is the actress who played Vishakha bajaj in kasauti zindagi ki...I loved her in that..she is some RAdio jockey too..has awesome pronunciation and stylish too boot..but for love of God i can't remember her name!

@Bold : Her name is Tarana(if my memory serves me right๐Ÿ˜‰)
I agree she has this youthful screen presence & her RJ talent reflects thru her acting.