Mythological Masti

Vishal to play Lord Krishna

lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Vishal Karwal seems to be a hot favourite with all the channels.

The channel that launched him in his debut soap β€” Bhagyavidhaata, repeated him in Pratha. Vishal had quit the former once the leap was planned, as he didn't want to age. There was a leap planned for Pratha too and the actor apparently was on his way out again. However, the show itself is ending.

But this hasn't worried the actor as he is loaded with offers and the one that has caught his fancy is a mythological show, Dwarikadheesh on Imagine TV. The actor who has played the boy-next-door characters till now, will now essay a mythological character in this show. He will see as Lord Krishna. A source tells us, "The show featuring Vishal will focus on Lord Krishna's love life with Rukmini and his death. All these chapters of Krishna's life haven't been touched in all the previous serials based on his life." Vishal remained unavailable for comment.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Vishal-to-play-Lord-Krishna/articleshow/8488886.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Well, it will definitely be a show to watch, but I am really disappointed that they didn't take the previous JSK actors for this.
...ASB100... thumbnail
oh great news!!! another mytho show!!!

-Asha
...ASB100... thumbnail
sorry, double post

-Asha
Edited by winnerasha - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: lakshmin42

V, "The show featuring Vishal will focus on Lord Krishna's love life with Rukmini and his death. All these chapters of Krishna's life haven't been touched in all the previous serials based on his life."

Actually, Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna did focus very much on Krishna's adult life, and Rukmini was a very major character in it...even BR Chopra's Mahabharat showed Rukmini quite a bit.

I'm a bit apprehensive about this show...is it only about Krishna and Rukmini, or Krishna's adult life in general?

@Aishu,

I guess I can understand why they did not use JSK actors, hun. After all, Meghan looks too young to play adult Krishna and even SK switched from Swapnil to SDB once the adult phase began, remember? Perhaps they'll show some JSK epis in the form of flashbacks in the show.
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
disheartened :(( 
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Happy that finally someone will show Krishna's death. But I hope they don't show Krishna-Rukhmini in the same way as of RS Krishna. I am expecting a bit more realistic and human portrayal of characters.

I guess this guy is Vishal Karwal. May be its to early to decide, but Does he look like Krishna from any angle?πŸ˜’

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 12 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
He's certainly cute ☺️ But don't know what kind of Krishna he'll make until I see him in costume. Like many of us here, though, I'm apprehensive about what they'll cover... there was a lot more to that phase than prem leelas, so if they keep all the events confined to that theme they'll probably start making it up as they go along πŸ€” Hope it proves us all wrong!
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Darklord_Rehan

Happy that finally someone will show Krishna's death. But I hope they don't show Krishna-Rukhmini in the same way as of RS Krishna. I am expecting a bit more realistic and human portrayal of characters.

I guess this guy is Vishal Karwal. May be its to early to decide, but Does he look like Krishna from any angle?πŸ˜’

absolutely .. same thing came to my mind ... will he be able to do the justice to the role of Krishna
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
when jsk ended i was really disappointed because i wanted to watch the adult life of krisna too as it was showed in previous sree krishna played by the great nitish bharadwaj...but now m happy that adult life of krisna will be showed..and i like bishal very much..we would get a handsome krisnaπŸ˜‰ now..but i just wishh if they used a bit of meghan yadav too to i really loved him...anyways i would surely watch this one and hope they would show the every prt of the life of krisna till his death Edited by jhum_86 - 12 years ago