Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Motherhood Trophy up for grabs!

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Participants
  1. Varsha(currently in the lead)
  2. Bindiya(may win with a heavier newborn...ROFL)
  3. Akshara(not a willing participant; she has been just dragged into it)Ouch
Akshara vs Varsha - Round 1 (winner - Varsha by a landslide)
  • Meri Ananya?Shocked Kab se? I thought Varsha delivered the babyConfused
  • She is your niece you wanted to dress her up, next time check with her mother if it is ok to dress her up your way. Accha tumne bhi dress banwayi thi? Dah... she is the motherD'oh Wouldn't she?
  • Everybody got it but not our maate?Shocked
Akshara vs Varsha - Round 2 (winner - Varsha again but this time it was close!)
  • Right outside the car, Varsha made it clear that she didn't want to part with Ananya, don't push it.
  • Akshara tried to cover the baby's face to protect Anu from the sun; Varsha complains about suffocationShocked The dupatta was a breathable flimsy material & Akshara was wide awake to monitor it. Lame excuse from an already irritated Varsha.  
  • Varsha again clearly indicated that she would manage the puja but Akshara blissfully ignorant and totally clueless?Confused
A lame Akshara defense - To avoid being branded a Varsha fan...ROFL 
  • Varsha - pls take care of your own baby 24/7. We all do it rain or shine, day or night. If you don't want others to interfere in your life, keep it that way. Don't be selective & seek help when you want it & discard them when you don't. When you take advantage of others, others tend to overstep their bounds.
  • How is this different from the movie incident? When Shaurya blamed her over SRK movie, she thought Shaurya was overreacting & was upset with him for speaking out. Wasn't she overreacting today? She took her home & called her several times. Varsha treated it as bua kidnapping incidentDead
Drumrolls for Varsha  - Aaj ki winnerClap Varsha won the battle but lost the war in my opinion.
  • "Mein maa hun, maa... " Absolutely unforgivable behavior; It was a below the belt remark to a childhood friend, totally unnecessaryOuch
  • It was not just about being possessive about your child.Subconsciously she reveled in her motherhood status & said it out loud In her anger. She was flaunting what Akshara couldn't have, like MB put it usne baazi maar li Ouch 
  • Agree she was upset, but baath karne ka tareeka hota hai. Nobody has the right to make the other person feel inadequate/inferior, no matter how angry you are.
However I am absolutely thrilled this happened, Akshara needs to wake up & learn from itClap Naithik should just distance himself from this madness; say "Radhekrishna Bhabhi" & walk out of there w/AksharaClap As for Varsha, I sincerely hope she doesn't say anything more than she already has. True friendships are hard to find, a friendship like theirs is even rarer.

My prediction - Akshara wins this competition with twins, aakhir lead hai bhai...ROFLOn a more serious note, stop this madness! Motherhood is not a competition!Angry

Edited by FLGators - 21 May 2011 at 8:05pm

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

premierm8anamika00VertzxyzeMadhavi_Dismrth.aastha.YR_Naksh-Pallavi-nakshu_2012_deepshi__anu2908_Asawari_nakshmoonlight08manasi_31-Zaara-.Riyaa147beautiful16_Rasha_pvlakssaru.gPeace67_charu_--Nishita--

bholabear IF-Rockerz
bholabear
bholabear

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Nice analysis. And rightly said - Motherhood is not a competition.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Vertzanamika00Madhavi_Dimoonlight08--Sari--saru.g

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FLGators

Participants
  1. Varsha(currently in the lead)
  2. Bindiya(may win with a heavier newborn...ROFL)
  3. Akshara(not willing participants; unki badnaseebi hai they have been just dragged into it)Ouch
Akshara vs Varsha - Round 1 (winner - Varsha by a landslide)
  • Meri Ananya?Shocked Kab se? I thought Varsha delivered the babyConfused
  • Ok, she is your niece you wanted to dress her up, next time check with her mother if it is ok to dress her up your way. Accha tumne bhi dress banwayi thi? Dah... she is the motherD'oh Wouldn't she?
  • Doesn't she ever check peoples faces to sense their mood? Everybody got it but not our maate?ShockedAur Varsha itni khush bhi nahi lag rahi thi; you have known her all your life but you couldn't tell she was upset?
Akshara vs Varsha - Round 2 (winner - Varsha again but this time it was close!)
  • Right outside the car, Varsha made it clear that she didn;t want to part with Ananya. Akshara, don't push it.
  • Akshara tried to cover the baby's face to protect Anu from the sun; Varsha complains about suffocationShocked Nope, the dupatta was a breathable flimsy material & Akshara was wide awake to monitor it. Lame excuse from an already irritated Varsha.  
  • Varsha again clearly indicated that she would manage the puja & the baby but Akshara blissfully ignorant didn't even sense the irritation. How can someone be so clueless?Confused
A lame Akshara defense - This is purely based on past observations before I am named a Varsha fanLOL This doesn't count towards today's final winnings for today...ROFL
  • Varsha - pls take care of your own baby 24/7. We all do it rain or shine, day or night. If you don't want others to interfere in your life, keep it that way. Don't be selective & seek help when you want it & discard them when you don't. When you take advantage of others, others tend to overstep their bounds.
  • How is this different from the movie incident? When Shaurya blamed her over SRK movie, she thought Shaurya was overreacting & was upset with him for speaking out. What was today? Wasn't she overreacting? She didn't run away with the baby, she took her home & called her several times. Varsha treated it as bua kidnapping incident.
PartyDrumrolls for Varsha  - Aaj ki winner Party

Varsha won the battle but lost the war in my opinion.
  • "Mein maa hun, maa... " Absolutely unforgivable behavior; All her previous winning negated. It was a below the belt remark & totally unnecessary. nothing can change after all has been said & done; this is your childhood friend for God's sake. 
  • Clearly indicated to me that this was not just about being possessive about your child. It was more than that. Subconsciously she reveled in her motherhood status & said it out loud In her anger. She was flaunting what Akshara couldn't have, like MB put it usne baazi maar li Ouch 
  • Agree she was upset, but baath karne ka tareeka hota hai. Nobody has the right to make the other person feel insufficient/inadequate/inferior, no matter how angry you are. It's not a race nor has her motherhood been ruled out yet. Why the attitude? Is motherhood a trophy?

However I am absolutely thrilled this happened, Akshara needs to wake up & learn from itClap Naithik should just distance himself from this madness; say "Radhekrishna Bhabhi" & walk out of there w/AksharaClap  As for Varsha, I sincerely hope she doesn't say anything more than she already has. True friendships are hard to find, a friendship like theirs is even rarer.

Dimri se request - To shut Bindiya up, pls let Akshara have twinsDay Dreaming Ghaaliya dena bandh kardenge. Waada hai aapse...ROFL Since this has now become an official competition,  Akshara should win the motherhood trophy by a landslide, aakhir leads hai bhai...ROFL On a more serious note, stop this madness! Motherhood is not a competition!Angry

Very well said.

I don't write much in IF due to time constraint. But I make it a habit to peep once in a while here to read your (and Charu's) posts. I am not a regular viewer of this serial but whenever I get time, I read/see to check what is happening in the show. 

In the current track, instead of showing this mad race for motherhood, it would have been better, if both Naitik-Akshara takes a step back and think what is most important for them for the time being. This is the problem when parents tend to give their children a comfort zone through out their life. Yes, it is the responsibility of all parents to see to it that children gets best in life. But at the same time, it is important to make them strong and that is something lacking in all the mothers of YR. 

Becoming a mother is a great feeling and there is no doubt about it. But,  Akshara (and the lady gang) should understand that it is not a race. There are so many  things which can be done at this time (other than cooking Italian pasta). Akshara is a good singer, she can continue her hobby. 

Regarding Varsha, I have nothing much to say. She has got more than what she expected in life. I have no issues with it. Getting angry is understood. But, words are too harsh. Hope Akshara understands that Naitik is the only best friend with whom she can share everything. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

premierm8anamika00xyzeMadhavi_DiYR_Nakshmoonlight08--Sari--_charu_--Nishita--

rainy.days Senior Member
rainy.days
rainy.days

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:47pm | IP Logged

• She is your niece you wanted to dress her up, next time check with her mother if it is ok to dress her up your way. Accha tumne bhi dress banwayi thi? Dah... she is the motherD'oh Wouldn't she?
  • Everybody got it but not our maate?Shocked

Considering how selfless Maate is almost all the time, I honestly thought that she would gladly allow Varsha to change her lehnga into the one Varsha got, which would have been a good gesture. I mean, there seriously is a difference between being "bholi" and being so dumb and oblivious to everything around you! Even after Akshara heard about Varsha's dress, she didn't do anything about it?! Maybe it's just me, but if I were in Akshara's shoes I would've changed the dress - mostly because I think it's the right thing to do (actually, I wouldn't even have put my dress on in the first place, but yeah, hypothetically speaking). You could clearly see how disappointed Varsha was, and it was obvious everyone else in the room could sense the tension, so what the heck was wrong with Akshara?! Ugh. The way she was so engrossed with Ananya was borderline annoying. I don't want to be mean but that entire Ananya's lehnga/picture-taking scene was cringe-worthy. How someone can be SO oblivious is beyond me. Ouch

"Mein maa hun, maa... " Absolutely unforgivable behavior; All her previous winning negated. It was a below the belt remark & totally unnecessary. nothing can change after all has been said & done; this is your childhood friend for God's sake. 
  • It was not just about being possessive about your child. It was more than that. Subconsciously she reveled in her motherhood status & said it out loud In her anger. She was flaunting what Akshara couldn't have, like MB put it usne baazi maar li Ouch 
  • Agree she was upset, but baath karne ka tareeka hota hai. Nobody has the right to make the other person feel insufficient/inadequate/inferior, no matter how angry you are. It's not a race nor has her motherhood been ruled out yet. Why the attitude? Is motherhood a trophy?

This comment was completely uncalled for. It's unfortunate that she had to stoop so low and rub it in Akshara's face. I won't say she overreacted to the situation because it was built-up anger from the events that took place throughout the day and people have different tolerance levels, so obviously Akshara had exceeded hers and she had to let it all out. BUT (and it's a very big but!), what she said was cruel, and I honestly hope Akshara doesn't let it affect her. She needs to move on and find closure to what happened - if the CVs portray this properly (I hope it's headed this way!), then she'll use this as a strengthening mechanism and learn to rely on the one person that can actually make her stronger - her husband; instead of relying on a baby.

Edited by rainy.days - 21 May 2011 at 8:07pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

premierm8anamika00nakshu_2012YR_NakshMadhavi_Dimoonlight08--Sari--

-Zaara-. IF-Rockerz
-Zaara-.
-Zaara-.

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
i absolutely love this post,its totally awesome
with the tension varsha acting up like this cuz she thinks akshara needs her child is one part and then the other part is our pyaari bindiya..uffh
poor akshara she has suffered a MC but that does not mean she cannot concieve,if any1 would tell them about something disgusting like this especially if that some1 was your best friend,believe me you would feel horrible...i felt really bad for akshara.Varsha should have never said mein maa hu maa...n hurting akshara no matter how angry she was,if she was irritated,then fine and that milk you had put in the bottle darling was bad,hence why akshara took her home darling,btw if u knew to take care of a child so nicely you wont ask your MIL for help...sometimes i feel that varsha has everyhting,got the one who she loved,a good family and sometimes i feel she takes advantage of it..like that scene when she was pregnant and Rajshri was telling her what to do and what not she blurtted out like how she did to rajshri and she felt bad..
now what i am thinking is that naitik will take akshara from there..n varsha,some1 will have to explain to her she was wrong in a way to act like that...then she will may be come to apologise..but i have a feeling...naitik wont want anymore confusion and tell akshara that leave varsha,she can get her own children...n this will cause some awkward moment,husbands never say(as i have seen from my sisters life n BIL) anything but inside they feel it..n sometime they would eventually blurt it out...n the wife will have to respect..
n yes true friendship is indeed difficult to find..what i am wondering is that will this thing cause a problem in the relationship..i mean friends do have arguments but not over their children!!!n around here is it akshara wrong orr varsha or both in their own ways???
ooo n i feel during all this tension attention seeker bindiya would find out about MC n do her ill-jealosuly reaction..who runs her mouth n blabbs about herself..

Edited by _naksh_ - 21 May 2011 at 8:22pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

xyzeanamika00Madhavi_Di--Sari--moonlight08

Madhavi_Di Goldie
Madhavi_Di
Madhavi_Di

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
Sarita  nice  post  loved  it  Thumbs Up. the  best  line  is  motherhood  is  not  a  race. lakin  ban  hi  gayi. and  words  can  be  so  harmful  some  time  Cry for  varsha  its  just  her  anger  and  what  ever she  said  is  true  that  she  is  ananaya  ki  ma  but  the  way  she  said  and  the  whom  she  said  is  does  metters. akshar  never  said  that  she  is  ma  of  ananya  or  that  she  wants  to  keep  her  and  dont  willing  to  give  back  to  varsha . but  now  akshara  lost  it  , a  friend   and  babhi  and  mayaka  all  in  one . now  naitik  will  not  let  her  go  . but  i  think  this  is  the  only way  she  will  know  the  real  world. i  some  time  think do  AKSAHR  exist  in  real  world? i  dont  think  anyone  is  that  bholi  or  i  should  say  dumb  like  her. she  didnt  get  it  from  the  begining  that  it  doesnt  matter  how  much  u  love  some  one  that  baby  is  not  your  .
it  happend  when  my  devrani  gave  birth  to  littel  boy . and  i  didnt  have  kids.   that  time  my  saas  told  her  that  when  se  go  to  india  will  make  some  gold  bengels  for  both  of   us  so  she  can  gift  us  when  we  gave  her  the  good  news. and when  she  didnt  gave  the  gold  bangels  to  my  devrain   she  got  upset  at  MIL  and  call  me  and  said  "  aapko  to  bacceh  ho  ya  na  bhi  ho  mai  kab  tak  intazar  karu  saas  ki  gift  ka  maine  to  beta  diya  hai  na? "  so  the  next  day  i  call  my  mil  and  told  her  to  gave her  the  bengals  while mere  liya  wait  karneki  jarurat  nahi  hai. she  ask  me  how  i  know  about  bangales  ? i  didnt  say  anything  . now  its  13  year  after  that  incident  but  some  time  i  remamber  this  line .
now  no  sorry  from  varsha  will  take  that  pain  from  akshara  and  now  akshara  will not  take  ananya  that  lovely  way  she  will  think  twise  before  she  do  anything  for  ananya  and  the  bad  part  about  all  this  is  varsha  is  not  just  akshi  ki friend  but  also  a  babhi  so  she  lost  her  both  the  ways.
Sarita  life moves  on  akshi will  soon  have  her  own  baby  Day Dreaming and  i  want  akshi  to  win  but  loved  that  naitik  was  there  . and  varsah  i  think  she  got  everything  in  life  . not  like  akshara  but  akshara  have  naitik  in  her  life  and  he  will  make  her  happy  soon. and  akshi  will  move  on  without  ananya   and  varsah s  help  Clap

Edited by madhaviben - 21 May 2011 at 9:05pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

xyzerainy.daysanamika00nakshu_2012--Sari---Zaara-.moonlight08pvlaks

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reguser

Very well said.

I don't write much in IF due to time constraint. But I make it a habit to peep once in a while here to read your (and Charu's) posts. I am not a regular viewer of this serial but whenever I get time, I read/see to check what is happening in the show. 

In the current track, instead of showing this mad race for motherhood, it would have been better, if both Naitik-Akshara takes a step back and think what is most important for them for the time being. This is the problem when parents tend to give their children a comfort zone through out their life. Yes, it is the responsibility of all parents to see to it that children gets best in life. But at the same time, it is important to make them strong and that is something lacking in all the mothers of YR. 

Becoming a mother is a great feeling and there is no doubt about it. But,  Akshara (and the lady gang) should understand that it is not a race. There are so many  things which can be done at this time (other than cooking Italian pasta). Akshara is a good singer, she can continue her hobby. 

Regarding Varsha, I have nothing much to say. She has got more than what she expected in life. I have no issues with it. Getting angry is understood. But, words are too harsh. Hope Akshara understands that Naitik is the only best friend with whom she can share everything. 

Thank you for your kind words, I love being here &  have made a lot of friendsBig smile I love to voice my opinion and try to be as objective as possible. For me, it's not about being a fan of a particular character; I view it as a whole and how it could have been perceived by the various characters in the show. I think you should join us more oftenSmile

I think both Naithik & Akshara are taking it responsibly especially Naithik. After dwelling on it for a bit Akshara too has turned a corner. Unfortunately, circumstances are not letting them deal with it as they intend do. The couple need a reprieve from Udaipur, to deal with their loss and reflect on their future plans. Varsha getting angry is ok, but the language was notDead If it was bothering her so much, why did she wait for it to build up?Confused

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Vertz-Pallavi-moonlight08-Nasreen-

gracious45 Senior Member
gracious45
gracious45

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _naksh_

i
.i felt really bad for akshara.Varsha should have never said mein maa hu maa...n hurting akshara no matter how angry she was,if she was irritated,then fine and that milk you had put in the bottle darling was bad,hence why akshara took her home darling,btw if u knew to take care of a child so nicely you wont ask your MIL for help...sometimes i feel that varsha has everyhting,got the one who she loved,a good family and sometimes i feel she takes advantage of it..like that scene when she was pregnant and Rajshri was telling her what to do and what not she blurtted out like how she did to rajshri and she felt bad..

I dont think the reason she said that was to tell akshara that she does not have a kid of her own. She said that to make akshara understand that of course she will be worried like that because she is the mother. There is nothing wrong with what she said. And also how long are people going to let everything go and treat akshara like a doll because of her MC. That does not happen real life. In reality you have to get on with your life, go to work meet you friends and stop being so fragile.

Also about varsha asking for help from her MIL. She is first time mother she needs help. Plus just because someone gets a baby sitter that does not automatically imply that they should let anyone do anything with their child just because they needed help. And even if she did say to akshara that she is not the mother, that is the truth. Akshara loves ananya but she is not HER MOTHER, and someone had to tell her that. And no mother out there will put their friend's well being or feelings before their kid. The whole day akshara hurt her feelings and did not once realize it. Varsha was hurt, frustrated and finally could not take it anymore. How would anyone feel if they heard their child crying but they cannot take the baby in their arms because someone took the baby away from you?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anamika00nakshu_2012moonlight08

Go to top