Posted: 12 years ago

Akshay and his farmer friend

Bina Trivedi, TNN | May 22, 2011, 12.00am IST

Akshay Kumar with Ravi Karle and his family More Pics
Akshay Kumar is currently gorging on mangoes brought by his close buddy, Ravi Karle, who is a farmer from Deogarh in Maharashtra.

Akshay and Ravi studied together in Don Bosco school, Matunga, and have known each other for over 36 years. Ravi's mother used to teach Akshay Marathi in school and he credits her for his fluency in the language.
Says a source, "Few people know that Akshay has kept in touch with his childhood friends over the years. When they meet it's like time has never passed. On Wednesday night Ravi dropped in to meet him with his mother, wife and family on the sets of Joker. He brought five crates of mangoes grown on his farm. When Akshay met Ravi's mother he got very emotional and started talking to her in Marathi!"

Adds the source, "Akshay loves mangoes, but being fitness-conscious doesn't eat them too much. But when Ravi hand-picked them for him, Akki couldn't resist. He has already polished off at least half of the mangoes!"
Akshay is still connected with nine of his childhood friends. When they meet, they still speak the same way, crack the same jokes and laugh about eating food in the classroom.😳
"Akshay and Ravi are like Krishna and Sudama. Ravi used to work in Mumbai, but he shifted to Deogarh as city life didn't suit him and now his farmland boasts of hundreds of acres of fruits and vegetables," the source concludes.

Edited by wonderlandAK - 12 years ago
awww my Akki.. sooo sweet of u😍
Akki is like the coolest male celeb. I love you Akki! Such a great person<3
media ppl etc always usually give his a bad name
im glad on reading this article

loved him in KKK
Thanks on the article thats sweet he keep in touch with old pals!
Aww this reminded me of Billu Barber! See I Love actors and famous people like this. It's this attitude that makes them stars! Usually we hear of people forgetting old friends when they become famous, but people should learn from Akki! :)
Originally posted by sweet_angel27

Aww this reminded me of Billu Barber! See I Love actors and famous people like this. It's this attitude that makes them stars! Usually we hear of people forgetting old friends when they become famous, but people should learn from Akki! :)

SUPERB WORDSπŸ‘πŸΌ
When Akshay met Ravi's mother he got very emotional and started talking to her in Marathi!

πŸ‘ Balle Akki... U rock \m/ πŸ‘
Other than his womanizing ways, he always came across to me as very humble. Nice to see some humanity in the higher ups. πŸ‘πŸΌ
sweet aki
p.s aki will be looking hot forever