India-Forums

Grand Finale Performances review (Page 5)

Gauahargeous_N IF-Stunnerz
Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Natkhatpari

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

P.S. I hope I didn't forget any of the performances today. If I did, blame the people above me because I was just copying their list. LOL

he heROFL
no u didn't forget but as akanna mentioned in another post, I think they have edited one performance out... 

check this link for complete break up of points http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1688398

like when they showed the finale score it was : 343 (DID1) v/s 353 (DID2)

But if you put down all the scores from all performances it only adds up to 307 (DID1) v/s 319 (DID2)

so there is a difference of 36 and 34 points which would be the points of some other performance if shown... Shocked

its cuz vandana-pravez and alisha-paulson duets were edited due to 1hr time limit!!! they make up the point deference!!
i wish they showed their performances instead of promoting sa re ga ma pa LM!!

really wanted to see vandana-pravez's performance... but hopefully zee will post it on YT!!

Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 23 May 2011 at 12:27pm

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
LOL Pallo okay I will post my views..though they're pretty similar to yours :D

Overall, like I already said: finale was pretty boring and disappointing.

Group Performances:
Jalwa: Awesome concept, hardly any dance in it..and the dance that was there was the same hip-hop type steps Jalwa has been doing since the first group performance.
Josh: Pretty-well coordinated by their standards and probably their better group performances. They have, overall, shown more variety in their group performances than Jalwa has, though Jalwa's group performances have been much better.

Duets:
Mayuresh-Bhavna: This was the best act of the evening for me..and probably the saving grace. The lifts, the smoothness, the transitions, the strength..amazing. I don't even know what to say about it that hasn't been said already.
Punit-Amrita: I have seen this concept too many times now so that went against it for me. And I do think they were kinda unlucky in the sense that they performed after Mayu-Bhavna. I might have enjoyed more. Amrita was fab even though I think she could have been a little smoother on the prop. Punit was okay.

Solos:
Prince:
I really felt bad for Prince..he was genuinely upset. The judges irritated me though. They were WAY too nice to him..using his mistake to get back at Jai when the issues were COMPLETELY different. Jai's audio was messed up--that's not his fault. Prince forgot his steps..that is his fault. Anyways, like I was telling Caro, if they showed Jai even 10% of the compassion they showed Prince for the song problem, the drama could have been avoided. Chalo whatever... I really liked how Josh  comforted Prince and cheered him on, especially Siddesh LOL

Dharmesh: No Pallo, you're not the only one who didn't really like it. the performance just reminded me of his audition..and I'm sorry but I see no growth in him as a dancer since then. I liked the laser act way more than this.

Siddesh: What a disappointment. The usual Siddesh was missing from this performance. It picked up from the second half though. Then I started having fun and enjoying it more.

Punit:
It took me a while to understand the concept but when I did..kudos to Punit for doing it. The concept was amazing. the emotions were great but the dancing was okay. I honestly wish I could connect to Punit as a dancer more. Nevertheless, it was the best performance Punit's given on DKS.

Vrushali: It wasn't a finale standard performance..that's for sure. But Vrushali was having so much fun while dancing. She didn't seem to be performing for the competition..but just for the fun of it and for the love of dance. Her expressions were fab. Honestly no other female contestant in DID has the versatality in expressions that Vrush does. 

Kruti: I've come to the conclusion that her forte is the angry expressions. She had a difficulty factor in her performance but she did slip on it. I also remembered Sushant's performance on this and yeah it was much better. Her performance in DID2 was much much better.

Jai: I already wrote about this earlier lol..I loved the bits he did on the ballet bars. He makes it seem so effortless. The trampoline actually brought him down..but overall I really liked his performance. It was not worth a 10 though because of the mistakes..

Amar: His best on DKS..otherwise Amar has been the most disappointing contestant on DKS for me :( The DID2 wala Amar is long gone somewhere :(

Takkar:
Now lol what do I say that Pallo hasn't already said. LOL The creativity and concept of Siddesh and Prince was amazing..I love how in the takkars Josh tires to put a little bit of the history of the participants..it makes it so much easier to connect to. Prince and Siddesh were always at loggerheads in DID1 hence the Mahabharat song LOL Main Khiladi tu Anari ROFL Oh my gosh..song choice for Josh was amazing throughout LOL I just wish they'd executed it better because that's where Dharmesh-Parvez took the baazi..their execution was much better. And OMG I saw SOME expressions on Dharmesh's face..LOL What a miracle LOLLOLLOL

Overall, Dharmesh and Parvez were better :D

And the one person I missed the MOST throughout the series was Terence. And I've especially missed him these last 2 weeks. I know he'll be there but if for some stupid reason he's not in DID3, it's bye bye from my side TongueLOL

Pallo seriosuly..so funny and nic to see Prince and Siddesh getting along LOL

I KNOW! Mayuresh's Chinese pole act was so freaking hard and he made it look like it was a piece of cake. THIS is why Mayuresh totally owns the aeiral acts/stunts type acts because he makes it look so easy and you don't really fear for his life when he's hanging in the air because you know he can do it! Of course, his technique, posture, transitions, grace are just amazing.

Siddesh man..this guy is the best male contestant on DID with expressions..hands down. He changes his expressions in a split second and does like 20 in 5 seconds. Shocked

Caro, you've hit the nail on the head with the choreographer's and their styles. And lol, we've had this convo before but I agree about the networking thing as well. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetpetticoatAreYaar

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Originally posted by Tannistha

kruti: I love her, but what a disappointment, what a huge disappointment.Dead The prop was nice and ok it was difficult, understood, kudos for trying it, but the steps? she repeated steps over and over, specially the back flips she did over and over again to go from left to right. The best was only when she does bhim  drinking blood, that was the kruti we know, but else i am really disappointed with her. where was the classical dance she does so famously?Her rudra tandav, i will take that anyday.
Now i am beginning to think, either our expectations have risen huge, or maybe we were making more out of whats not there.

In jdj4, sushant singgh rajput took the same song and same theme , Mahabharat, and performed an amazing performance in it, and it was Chhau. As a trained jazz dancer, he did a much much better job on it than what kruti did today, and i am most definitely not a sushant fan.

Word to this. I also thought of Sushant's performance only when Kruti started performing to that song. Sushant and Shampa's performance was simpler I think in terms of choreography, but the impact was so much higher! I still get goosebumps thinking about that performance actually. Just the concept itself was so thought provoking and novel. Clap

I think Kruti tried to do TOO much in 2 minutes with her act. You just can't show the whole Mahabharata in 2 minutes! Her performance in DID 2 worked because it was just one aspect of Mahabharata. And there were no props to distract her. Plus her dancing also was way better there. So it was much more impactful. 

And Mahabharata is something that has TOO many layers to it, you know what I mean? There's too much scope there. So a performance on this concept has to have a lot of mood variations. Kruti's performance was pretty much on one level. She needed to show those ups and downs. Like with Sushant's performance, there were moments where things slowed down, for more impact. And then picked up again as the intensity grew. You know what I mean? You need that kind of impactful stuff if you're telling a story...that too an EPIC tale.  

I actually wanted Kruti to do something lighthearted this time. She's done TOO much of this intense stuff now. I wish Kruti had shown more versatility on this show. 

Yes i know what you meanLOL
two minutes is a very small time for some one to potray MB, so props to kruti for trying, but everything else just  falls flat. there were too much movements and repetitive. I wish instead of throwing in gimmicks to show how difficult performances she could have done, she just did was she does the best: Dance. I am not sure , but i feel  the classical dancers, either r restricted, or restrict themselves too much by not showing what they can do properly. In DID2, it was terrence who made kruti do the Bharatnatyam act, i wish someone asked her to do this properly too.

As for sushant's performace goes, although i am not  a fan, i really liked some of his performaces, and this performance was nailed by him. I think it has to do with shampa's choreography too, it might have had no as such wow factor, i thought the chreography was amazing, and shampa did an amazing job of keeping the focus on sushant while herself potraying 3 characters, kruti tried to be a jack of all trades and that killed it.

I thought vrushali's dance was really spontaneous,  though i was really disappointed coz instead of bollywood, i wanted to see her do some classical, she actually has never done a pure bharatnatyam classical. I youtubed her kaahe chhed, but it had terrence written all over it
Noor_Ul_Ain Senior Member
Noor_Ul_Ain
Noor_Ul_Ain

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:57pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

kruti: I love her, but what a disappointment, what a huge disappointment.Dead The prop was nice and ok it was difficult, understood, kudos for trying it, but the steps? she repeated steps over and over, specially the back flips she did over and over again to go from left to right. The best was only when she does bhim  drinking blood, that was the kruti we know, but else i am really disappointed with her. where was the classical dance she does so famously?Her rudra tandav, i will take that anyday.
Now i am beginning to think, either our expectations have risen huge, or maybe we were making more out of whats not there.

In jdj4, sushant singgh rajput took the same song and same theme , Mahabharat, and performed an amazing performance in it, and it was Chhau. As a trained jazz dancer, he did a much much better job on it than what kruti did today, and i am most definitely not a sushant fan.

Word to this. I also thought of Sushant's performance only when Kruti started performing to that song. Sushant and Shampa's performance was simpler I think in terms of choreography, but the impact was so much higher! I still get goosebumps thinking about that performance actually. Just the concept itself was so thought provoking and novel. Clap

I think Kruti tried to do TOO much in 2 minutes with her act. You just can't show the whole Mahabharata in 2 minutes! Her performance in DID 2 worked because it was just one aspect of Mahabharata. And there were no props to distract her. Plus her dancing also was way better there. So it was much more impactful. 

And Mahabharata is something that has TOO many layers to it, you know what I mean? There's too much scope there. So a performance on this concept has to have a lot of mood variations. Kruti's performance was pretty much on one level. She needed to show those ups and downs. Like with Sushant's performance, there were moments where things slowed down, for more impact. And then picked up again as the intensity grew. You know what I mean? You need that kind of impactful stuff if you're telling a story...that too an EPIC tale.  

I actually wanted Kruti to do something lighthearted this time. She's done TOO much of this intense stuff now. I wish Kruti had shown more versatility on this show. 

Yes i know what you meanLOL
two minutes is a very small time for some one to potray MB, so props to kruti for trying, but everything else just  falls flat. there were too much movements and repetitive. I wish instead of throwing in gimmicks to show how difficult performances she could have done, she just did was she does the best: Dance. I am not sure , but i feel  the classical dancers, either r restricted, or restrict themselves too much by not showing what they can do properly. In DID2, it was terrence who made kruti do the Bharatnatyam act, i wish someone asked her to do this properly too.

As for sushant's performace goes, although i am not  a fan, i really liked some of his performaces, and this performance was nailed by him. I think it has to do with shampa's choreography too, it might have had no as such wow factor, i thought the chreography was amazing, and shampa did an amazing job of keeping the focus on sushant while herself potraying 3 characters, kruti tried to be a jack of all trades and that killed it.

I thought vrushali's dance was really spontaneous,  though i was really disappointed coz instead of bollywood, i wanted to see her do some classical, she actually has never done a pure bharatnatyam classical. I youtubed her kaahe chhed, but it had terrence written all over it

Actually, she has done Bharatnatyam for her College Festival and i must say she is an awsome BN dancer! Clapshe is very good with her postures and mudras too! Here is the link!

Vrushali is in the maroon saree!  Smile 
Her closeup is on 5: 35 and 6:50

Enjoy!!

Edited by Noor_Ul_Ain - 23 May 2011 at 5:57pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

luv2dance

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Actually Kruti's Bharatnatyam dance in DID2 was choreographed by her gurus. Terence just gave her the push to do it on stage because she didn't want to since classical dances don't bring in votes..
petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Noor_Ul_Ain

Actually, she has done Bharatnatyam for her College Festival and i must say she is an awsome BN dancer! Clapshe is very good with her postures and mudras too! Here is the link!

Enjoy!!

ive seen this beforeLOLLOLLOLLOL

she is awesome but the best part was the college management playing spoilsport at the end saying be at college tomorrow at 9LOL

Noor_Ul_Ain

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Noor_Ul_Ain

[

Enjoy!!

I have seen this  before, that is how i know her forte is bharatnatyam, i meant in DID, i wanted to see her do it on DID, coz the stage also needs these dance forms, if it indeed is viewed by 167 countries, then i guess it also has a responsibility to showcase the traditional classical dance forms and  expert dancers like vrushali should show them out.

Noor_Ul_Ain

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
^ i think she did a proper kathak once
the week she got eliminated

Noor_Ul_Ain

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index