Lux Dance ke Superstars

Grand Finale Performances review

Natkhatpari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
πŸ₯³GRAND FINALE
Group   40                                                     39  
Duo       50(MaBh)                                        45(PuAm),
Solo      38(Pr)+40(Si),42(Vr),50(Ja)        50(D),50(Pu),41(Kr),43(Am)
Takkar  47(Pr,Si)                                         50(Pa, D)
Total     307                                                  319

Ok frenz, here is the breakup of points for all the performances... 

talking about the performances:
Group :
JOSH - very energetic (well deserved 40)
JALWA - very dramatic (well deserved 39)

Duo:
Mayuresh-Bhavna : very smooth, flowing, lovely, soothing etc etc etc (perfect score 50)β­οΈπŸ€—
Punit-Amrita : very emotional, lovely lifts, less prop usage... (well deserved 45)πŸ˜ƒ

Solo:
I should tell DID2 were really as strong or even better than DID 1 in this section in which DID1 used to always claim hum solos mein bhaazi maarenge πŸ˜†πŸ‘

Prince : Sad he forgot, so couldnt c anything interesting😭
Siddesh : looks like he tries to play too much with expr which moves his concentration away from dance πŸ˜•πŸ€ͺ
jai: I shuld say he is king of props... lovely usage...πŸ‘ 
Vrushali : love her expressions but not as mindblowing as last week alisha dance😳

D : ______________ speechless, every single beat was accounted for in his dance... ummmaaaha πŸ€—❀️
Punit: very very touchy... ouch... on a serious note, his dance was really really good πŸ˜ƒ
Amar: i felt his emotions were overshadowing his dance... .felt the prop didnot help me connect with the song... like last time (Jai.atul dance), prop n dance were disconnected πŸ˜•
Kruti: she is jus mindblowing, her expressions, control of body to depict a king in battlefield - outstanding... (felt she deserved atleast 9 from all) πŸ‘β­οΈ

Takkar
this was the best takkar...
Sid n Prince were dancing like solo competition but Parvez and D had ultimate chemistry... n loved the way parvez did his solo n ofcourse D tho D hey... .superb takkar πŸ˜πŸ₯³

now on to you guys to express your views... plz provide only your views πŸ€£

On a side note, I am very gald that DID 2 winning had nothing to do with the LM as many claimed that its was due to LM that they were garnering points. So happy that the grand finale was 100 % between DID1 and DID2 πŸ‘
Edited by Natkhatpari - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pradarshak thumbnail
No solo from Alisha???? That's kind of ... What were they thinking? After her last week's performance!!! Come on she is the runner up of DID 1.
luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Group acts:

Team Josh: was very energetic and unlike the regular pattern, for once their group seemed a little co-ordinated. So good job there πŸ‘πŸΌ  
Team Jalwa: Entertaining! Some characters were really funny, especially Dharmesh as a cop πŸ˜† Parvez outstanding πŸ‘πŸΌ Could have been better though πŸ˜•

Duos:

Mayuresh-Bhavna : Out of this world. OMG Bhavna tu kya yaar 😲 I would love to see u give takkar to Shakthi. The lifts were extremely difficult and the transitions were so beautiful. This duo took my heart away πŸ€— 
Punit-Amrita: performing after Mayuresh-Bhavna itself was a tough challenge in and itself. They pulled off really good though. Amrita was crystal clear in her lifts, transitions. Excellent emotions. Poor Ammu banged her head  but very nice πŸ‘πŸΌ (well I mean the act ya πŸ˜›)

Solos:

Prince: it was surprising to see him forget steps πŸ˜² but so surprised with the judges reaction 😲 I appreciate them being so nice to him but it just seemed out of the border. This is not how they react when someone forgets on stage. They don't appreciate someone so much πŸ˜• I could see it was tied to last week Jai's hungama. More than appreciating Prince I thought it was telling Jai this is what you should have done. Anyways, it was just okay. Nothing new at all πŸ˜• Weakest solo of the day for me πŸ˜”

Dharmesh: everyone said it 1000 times.  What else is left to say now πŸ˜ƒ He was awesome as always πŸ˜‰ The best part was the appreciation from everyone. He totally deserved it for the person he is πŸ‘ Geeta ma ki dialogues toh 

Siddesh: I was a little disappointed. It wasn't SIDDESH'S dance πŸ˜• As much as he does good with expressions, today wasn't his day at all. He could have done much much better. He seemed really dull today πŸ˜­

Kruti: You only get better and better with your classical Kruti. I loved it despite the mistakes. I could clearly see the difficulty of this act and why she had problems. Still pulled off so good. I did have goosegumps watching her expressions. Fantastic πŸ‘πŸΌ If the prop wasn't there, she would have got 10 across the board πŸ‘

Vrushali:Neat, clean, entertaining! πŸ˜ƒ Not much to complain except that it should have been a little complex as it was grand finale😲 πŸ˜‰

Jai: I like Jai as a dancer but his performance today wasn't 10 on 10 πŸ˜² He has given better than this and yes he used Props wonderfully as always. My expectation from Jai is much higher than this πŸ˜• It seemed like they all gave him 10 just to ease out things and encourage him πŸ˜Š Good move πŸ‘πŸΌ

Punit: WOW Punit πŸ˜ƒ The concept itself was just so touching and his expressions and dedication towards the act made it so fabulous. Really something different and interesting act of the day. Best of Punit so far πŸ‘His wild expressions really worked in this act πŸ˜† 

Amar: I am really sad that I couldn't see the AMAR that I knew form DID-2 πŸ˜­ I like him so much but DKS he dint give his best. In this act he was still smooth, and clean but the megic (magic πŸ˜†) that Amar always creates was missing ya πŸ˜”

Takkar:
The best takkar in DKS. Parvez and Dharmesh literally swallowed Prince and Siddesh. The entry of both teams was hilarious πŸ€£ I just LOVED the comic bits in this takkar β­οΈ Parvez and Dharmesh were flawless, powerful, entertaining and the choreography was just our of this world πŸ‘ On the other hand, Siddesh and Prince song choices were weak, choreography dint match upto the opposition team which is where they seemed weak. Siddesh dint give his best πŸ˜” Prince did his repetitive steps πŸ˜•

Parvez and Dharmesh clear winners in this takkar. Nobody should miss this one. It is the best takkar of DKS πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by luv2dance - 12 years ago
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Group Performances:

Team Josh: Good act but definitely not a finale performance. They showed a little more coordination than usual but it wasn't anything that made you jump out of your chair.

Team Jalwa: LOVED the concept! What a brilliant characterization of Sholay but I wished they had incorporated more dance into their performance. The concept was there but they did not take it a new level with their dance - there was lots of potential here that they never used to their advantage.

Solos:

Mayuresh-Bhavna: Beautiful performance; very memorable. Sometimes it's really hard to connect with aerial acts because a lot of times they fail to create a proper balance between dance and stunts - this one got that balance right and gave us an effective mixture of both. It's a treat to watch Mayuresh and Bhavna on stage and they complement each other really well!

Punit-Amrita: I felt if they had performed before Mayuresh and Bhavna, they would have received much more praise. Their beautiful act was shadowed with M-B's beautiful performance. However, I think Punit and Amrita were fantastic together - beautiful beautiful dancing (and lots of it!) with a very nice concept. I liked watching Punit and Amrita do a duo, they looked good together. The judges complained that there wasn't enough prop usage, however, I was happy with that because a lot of times intense usage of prop leads to more stunts and less dance and that really bothers me. Instead, Punit and Amrita used the stage to dance and that was commendable!

Solos:

Prince: All my sympathies were with him today, however, I did feel that the judges were too sympathetic in their scores today. Forgetting during a performance can happen regardless how talented one is, so it doesn't take away from Prince's credibility as a dancer. However, judges should realize that while it is okay to say words of comfort to him, it was not fair to give him 8s (like many of the judges gave him). But Prince is Prince, even without watching the whole performance, I can tell you there was nothing new there from what I saw.

Dharmesh: Fantastic act! But I will say that I liked his Tum Jo Aaye performance a little more than this one. Undoubtedly it was great, but that one blew me away. In the end, Dharmesh is Dharmesh and he always puts in his best into each and every performance.

Siddesh: It was an average performance, definitely not a finale performance at all. There was nothing new there, and I wish Siddesh had done a typical bollywood number instead. Siddesh can do much much better, and it was disappointing to see him give such an average performance.

Kruti: She is amazing at what she does, I don't have a lot of knowledge in classical dance (apparently neither do some of the judges!), so I won't say anything further. I wonder why Geeta gave her such low scores though.

Vrushali: It was a cute performance, very nice portrayal of Madhuri's dances but there was nothing new there. Again, this was not a finale performance. I expected something much much more from her today. I think they should have saved Alisha's performance from last week for the finale! Vrushali's performance with Avneet was much better than this, in my opinion. But Vrushali is fantastic in bollywood dance with her expressions and stage presence - she could have used that to her advantage by taking risks and increasing the difficulty of the act.

Jai: I thought the judges were being too generous and trying really hard to prove that they are not holding a grudge against him (50/50 really!?!). Prop usage was great but there was much less dance in this act. Too many props and elongated usage makes a performance too acrobatic with one stunt after another - I don't like that at all. There could have been more dance incorporated into this performance for sure!

Punit: Original concept - kudos for that. And great way to incorporate the concept into choreography. I think this was a typical Punit performance, and he deserved all the praise he got today.

Amar: A typical Amar performance, however, I think he could have gone above and beyond with this act. It didn't have the usual impact as Amar's performances usually leave on me. It was emotional, good song choice but somehow the choreography failed to connect with the emotions. I think the prop was a little distracting and unnecessary in the performance. There was bits of aerial pieces of choreography but they felt disconnected in the performance.

Overall, Jalwa was much much better in their solos than Josh today. I think Jalwa tried really hard to prove today that they can also perform great solos and Josh somehow lost its will to win the competition today. I was expecting such great solos today from Josh!

Takkar:

This round was fantastic! Parvez and Dharmesh blew me away with their chemistry on stage. They complemented each other so fell that it was hard to take your eyes off of them! And they were the clear winners for this round! Siddesh and Prince are great dancers but their dancing styles are very different. I felt they lacked rehearsal and chemistry in this act. They seemed disconnected with each other and their performance wasn't as smooth as Parvez and Dharmesh. The solos could have used more work as well - they lacked energy. Dharmesh and Parvez were in it to win it today, and they deserved that 50/50. I wish Siddesh and Prince could have done a little better (especially the way they have performed in the previous takkar rounds), it would have been a treat to watch!

All in all, this was a great finale and Jalwa clearly took the win today! I liked the fact that there were so many more judges as well as the fact that it was indoors (and not the usual grand finale that they have in all reality shows) - it's much easier to enjoy the performances this way. I am really going to miss the show and especially especially Manish Paul's hosting!

P.S. I hope I didn't forget any of the performances today. If I did, blame the people above me because I was just copying their list. πŸ˜†
Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 12 years ago
luv2dance thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Kruti: She is amazing at what she does, I don't have a lot of knowledge in classical dance (apparently neither do some of the judges!), so I won't say anything further. I wonder why Geeta gave her such low scores though.

Geeta gave Kruti 9 although some other judges gave her 8. Intially she gave 7 but then added 2 to it enduing up with 9. I think Kruti deserved 9 for that performance keeping the difficulty level of the act in mind πŸ‘πŸΌ

I totally agree with you about judges being too nice to Prince in giving 8s and even nice to Jai by giving 10s. It din't make much sense to me πŸ˜• maybe emotional baising i guess. I wish they dint do that when they are judging "dance" per say. I agree with everything that you said. Thats pretty much what I wrote in my analysis too πŸ˜ƒ
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: luv2dance

Geeta gave Kruti 9 although some other judges gave her 8. Intially she gave 7 but then added 2 to it enduing up with 9. I think Kruti deserved 9 for that performance keeping the difficulty level of the act in mind πŸ‘πŸΌ

I totally agree with you about judges being too nice to Prince in giving 8s and even nice to Jai by giving 10s. It din't make much sense to me πŸ˜• maybe emotional baising i guess. I wish they dint do that when they are judging "dance" per say. I agree with everything that you said. Thats pretty much what I wrote in my analysis too πŸ˜ƒ

OH! You're right. My initial reaction was that 7!?! - and that was left in my memory instead of the 9 points that Geeta really ended up giving to Kruti. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Judges were a little inconsistent today with their scores - too harsh at some points and too sympathetic at others.
Natkhatpari thumbnail
Originally posted by: luv2dance

u both jus said it all... i was really amazed at how prince and kruti were both given 8... one doing no dance  n another doing classical with one of the most difficult props to dance with... looks like next time even if Prince jus comes on to stage he will be given 10 jus because he is Prince n he has proven he is best... really the judges were over praising for him continuing... ya he did continue which is the sign of a good dancer... but grand salute, standing ovation n all... thatz over the top...😑
luv2dance thumbnail
Originally posted by: Natkhatpari

u both jus said it all... i was really amazed at how prince and kruti were both given 8... one doing no dance  n another doing classical with one of the most difficult props to dance with... looks like next time even if Prince jus comes on to stage he will be given 10 jus because he is Prince n he has proven he is best... really the judges were over praising for him continuing... ya he did continue which is the sign of a good dancer... but grand salute, standing ovation n all... thatz over the top...😑

Very true. I was surprised to see that. Initially I was like okay and then okay and then not okay πŸ˜‘ They were saying that Prince is Prince and no need to prove anymore. Can we please apply that to other contestants cause most of them proved themselves a bunch of times. Forgetting a step is not a crime and with that pressure its quiet a possibility but saying him that its okay if YOU (PRINCE) forget the step, is wrong πŸ€’ Judges need to be fair when it comes to judging dance πŸ˜” that bothers me!   
manzanas_asadas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The BEST TAKKAR ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

The popping of D and Prince, the bollywood of Parvez and Siddhesh! Couldn't get better! πŸ˜ƒ

P.S- I LOVED the chemistry that Dharmesh and Parvez shared in their dance! πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Priyanka_AAIICH - 12 years ago
Natkhatpari thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

P.S. I hope I didn't forget any of the performances today. If I did, blame the people above me because I was just copying their list. πŸ˜†

he he🀣
no u didn't forget but as akanna mentioned in another post, I think they have edited one performance out... 

check this link for complete break up of points https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1688398

like when they showed the finale score it was : 343 (DID1) v/s 353 (DID2)

But if you put down all the scores from all performances it only adds up to 307 (DID1) v/s 319 (DID2)

so there is a difference of 36 and 34 points which would be the points of some other performance if shown... πŸ˜²