Let down with participation in GF - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago

I agree, every one has their good and bad days, and i have been saying from the beginning, some dancers got more opportunities than others, whatever  may be the reason, and some other were not utilised properly, vaishnavi, alisha, amrita, gets only one solo, while kruti gets 3 solos, not that i am doubiting their capacities, but it looks so  unfair
Also the potential of so many people  were not properly explorer. I really wanted amrita to do a manipuri classical act, god knows the only thing i saw was the below average contemporary

vaishavi deserved to do a solo but she didnt. Alisha was made to sit around while dancers like vandana got to do solos and duos and what not. Scheduling, timing, god knows what were the reason.

And finale looked so odd, it seems they truncated one set of duo , coz of time, alisha clearly was in costume. and then sending Dharmesh for group act, solo and again takkar,same for prince and siddesh.
Anyways ,its over and we got to see some good dancing, thats the only consolation.
the I-F article said that Vandana and Pravez were doing a duet in the finale but im so disappointed it didnt happen! i was waiting for it! πŸ˜­

in the finale they should have got everyone to dance instead of repeating ppl... yes i understand they made up a strategy to win but if it was a requirement to have everyone perform i wouldve liked it better!
Yeah I think you guys are right because it seemed like Alisha and Vandana were wearing dancing costumes so i thought they were eventually going to dance but never did. From the beginning though, the little masters were wearing regular clothes. 
I wonder who decided who makes the cut because I feel like that "takkar" between the judges was a waste of time because they only did one step each. Plus javed ali is a good singer and all but the contestants from DKS should have gotten more importance for the grand finale than him. Those two could have gotten cut IMO. 
I think many people have already said what I would've liked to say, so no use repeating it again. What I would like to say though is that the distribution of assigning dances was definitely messed up and I'd much rather have had each person give a solo performance and if time permitted, each group does a group dance. Honestly speaking, even though I like SRGMP, that part was unnecessary. So was Shaimak's dance, but don't wanna go thereπŸ˜†
parvez vandana and alisha paulson acts werent even televised :@
The only proper dances were Dsir's solo, Mayu-Bhavna's duet and the takkar...

Dharmesh sir outshined everyone πŸ‘
@Mihir...that doesn't mean others don't need to perform. How can one say which is the best without seeing everyone's act πŸ˜² The show wasn't meant for some contestants although that is how DKS was conducted πŸ€’
Originally posted by luv2dance

@Mihir...that doesn't mean others don't need to perform. How can one say which is the best without seeing everyone's act πŸ˜² The show wasn't meant for some contestants although that is how DKS was conducted πŸ€’

I didn't say "outshines"...I said outshined πŸ˜†...in the finale! πŸ˜† because his solo and takkar were just mindboggling...no wonder marzi was like "I bow to you" πŸ˜†

But yes I agree...they didn't use everyone properly...specially Kishore and Alisha! these both are awesome performers but they barely did 1 solo each which were, however, ekdum fultoo fatak πŸ‘

which was ur fav act bindu di? πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Mihirism - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Mihirism

I didn't say "outshines"...I said outshined πŸ˜†...in the finale! πŸ˜† because his solo and takkar were just mindboggling...no wonder marzi was like "I bow to you" πŸ˜†

But yes I agree...they didn't use everyone properly...specially Kishore and Alisha! these both are awesome performers but they barely did 1 solo each which were, however, ekdum fultoo fatak πŸ‘

which was ur fav act bindu di? πŸ˜ƒ

I liked Mayuresh-Bhavna duo, Dharmesh and Parvez face-off and Dharmesh's solo in the respective order πŸ˜ƒ
di?? πŸ˜² apne se chhote logo ko di kabse bolne lage hai log πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ€£
Originally posted by luv2dance

I liked Mayuresh-Bhavna duo, Dharmesh and Parvez face-off and Dharmesh's solo in the respective order πŸ˜ƒ
di?? πŸ˜² apne se chhote logo ko di kabse bolne lage hai log πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ€£

Aur nahi toh kya...apne hi kaha tha, "yes im older than you, u can call me di" πŸ˜† 
waise yeah jokes apart...u are really older than me...was just messing with u other day πŸ˜›