Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gemsta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I've noticed alot of members here keeping questioning on who 'deserves' to be or not to be in Madame Tussauds. Well, technically, I highly doubt that Madame Tussauds is looking at that as a factor, for them its all about popularity!

Considering the majority of their visitors are asians/non-whites, financially its better for them to create wax figures of popular stars (such as those in bollywood), since they have such a huge fanbase, which in turn equals pounds.So if fans have been requesting a wax figure of Kareena, Madame Tussauds will quite happily make one and take the pound's spilling out of their pockets.
Edited by Gemsta - 12 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Hailla... aate hi MADDY ke darshan ho gaye... Ajj din wadiya langungaa.... ðŸ˜‰
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Can't we just be happy for Bebo?! She's getting something...let her have it! She's worked hard her whole career! As for deserving...seriously?! She does deserve it and other ppl do and when time comes...they'll get their chance too! Edited by sweet coco - 12 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dexterphile

But she has not JUST survived. She has moved way beyond just surviving. She is working with all the Khans and the Kumars. Isn't that what you call a making of the superstar in commercial Bollywood language? She was also the chosen actress on almost all the bollywood insiders list. Almost every guest on KWK said Kareena was a better actress. They did not say Aishwarya or Priyanka. The girl can act, she has been here for almost 11 years now and she is still going strong. Rani started in 98 by the time it was 2007 she fizzled out with 4 flops in a row, she is still struggling to recover, Aishwarya started gaining her popularity around 1999 by the time it was 2009, she as well fizzeled out with lack of box office success and not enough meaty roles. But Kareena gets all the top projects offered to her and is constantly in the news either for personal or professional reasons. If there is any female bollywood star worth being called superstar, then its Kareena. 

Really b/c she had 4 films in 2010...and her roles were pretty meaty, plus she just signed 2 other meaty toles, not to mention a pending Shyam Benegal project! As for lack of box office success...she's still hang around for many years without it and there was a period when she back to back hits...it's a period of ups and downs and everyone goes through it! In addition to this, directors are still offering her roles...she's not completely undesired or unpopular! Also, Endhiran made the most money in Indian cinema...sure she didn't have a meaty role...but she should still get her credit b/c we give the same credit to other actresses!

As for the rest...I AGREE! Kareena is an awesome actress...don't disagree at all! But I don't think it's fair to bring down PC, Rani, or Aishu for it! All of them are talented...ans you may think Kareena is the best...but it doesn't mean the rest aren't superstars!
Edited by sweet coco - 12 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Kareena Kapoor has given 1 ATBB plus only Heroine from Industry to star in 2 movies who have grossed more than 100 Crore which is a bench mark :)

She is better than any actress so far...
Sweet Coco...I'm talking about commercial viability of a bollywood actress. Lets stick to that because critical acclaim can be debated. Aishwarya had 4 releases last year, correct? 3 were colossal flops one was a superhit. But lets face it, Robot's success was credited to Rajni's "magic" not Aishwarya. He could have switched her with anyone and it would have still generated the same amount of revenue and hype.

I really don't care if she is still working, Tabu a good decent actress is still working too, so is Juhi, so is Manisha. And so are the talentless bunch aka Amisha Patel, Celina Jaitley etc...Aishwarya's time is up, she can stick around and do "artsy" roles but she won't have the same box office pull. Same for Rani and Priety. 

I don't think Kareena is the best. But she is the best pick from the current crop. I'm not the only one saying that. Her "fraternity" which is responsible for offering her roles thinks the same. I'm not bringing anyone down, people are comparing Kareena to Rajnikant and Sridevi, they are not even from her generation. I'm entitled to my own comparision, if you don't like it then ignore. 
Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Maddy-

South asian population brings in the major chunk of the revenues at Madame Tussaauds... 

Word !
Madame Tussads is not a Museum funded by a philanthropic non profit organization. They will do wahtever it takes to make themseleves successful. With India's ( and China's) growing economic global clout  dont be  surprised to see a lot more of our stars in the future. Whoever attracts the crowd will be there . Kareena is popular . Who knows if Katrina can keep up her hits we will have her statue there too soon.
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: qwww

Word !
Madame Tussads is not a Museum funded by a philanthropic non profit organization. They will do wahtever it takes to make themseleves successful. With India's ( and China's) growing economic global clout  dont be  surprised to see a lot more of our stars in the future. Whoever attracts the crowd will be there . Kareena is popular . Who knows if Katrina can keep up her hits we will have her statue there too soon.

Yep... If Hrithik can make it there bcoz of his popularity then Katrina too stands a chance...
ladygaga thumbnail
Congo to Kareena. Yes I also believe that she is the only one who combines good acting skills, with nice critical acclaim and big blockbusters. Some have blockbusters but can't act, some are acting acting acting but no one is watching their movies and even critics aren't going gaga over their solo heroine projects, some are waving their hands in foreign locates, socializing with international celebs dressed in beautiful gowns.. would i equate that to "international fame"...  no.. even Malika sherawat is doing that these days.. these so called reps of india.. have done nothing in terms of acting.. they are just getting praised for attending big red carpet events.. do they have 2 Oscars like Ar rahman?? no ... have they been praised for their acting.. or have they done anything significant to get indian cinema noticed.. no..

If i had to praise someone i would still praise Pri. She has gotten critical acclaim, she has won a national award, she still has the biggest producers lining up to sign her... the only thing missing is blockbusters.. which is one reason.. she receives some flak. Bebo is the pick of bolly insiders... she has starred in huge blockbusters, she can act... she still has the biggest producers lining up to sign her.. i don't think she needs more proof to prove her stardom in india.
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ruky786

I can't wait to see the wax!! (If this is true)😳

i am designing her statue in my mind