Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xChandnix thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I think it's great that another Indian is being made into a wax figure at Madame Tussauds. It can only be good for India.
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I hope it does happen
She deserves it
Happy for bebo :)
What's with the proliferation of all these Bollywood actors?, the most internationally recognised Indian face of them all is Aishwarya, and then possibly Amitabh and SRK, so maybe they are deserved. 

However, what in the blue hell is Salman, Hrithik, and now Kareena, doing there?!
Originally posted by: Emptiness

What's with the proliferation of all these Bollywood actors?, the most internationally recognised Indian face of them all is Aishwarya, and then possibly Amitabh and SRK, so maybe they are deserved. 

However, what in the blue hell is Salman, Hrithik, and now Kareena, doing there?!

exactly..and when it is coming to 'International' even Shilpa Shetty is a bigger brand than kareena
Originally posted by: Kyaktsar

If Hrithik who didn't have many success offlate can be recognized as the "superstar" than why not Kareena? She is the prominent top actress for a decade and had done numerous films to show her acting caliber. I think she rightfully deserves it so. She was tagged with "superstar" from  her first film and has kept it till now and she is still doing great in her 30's.  

EXACTLY. Thank you. Kareena is a much more versatile actor than Hrithik and is equally popular as Hrithik if not more. I for one am glad to see Kareena there, this came at a right time for her with a decade worth of popularity and some good work thrown in between. She is the only actress from this generation that can act as well as have commercial viability. So good for her. 
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I can't wait to see the wax!! (If this is true)๐Ÿ˜ณ
Originally posted by: bandicoot

if survival is what counts to be a superstar, then there are tons of them in B'wood.  she has had a few hits over the years but that is all

where did i say it was becoming overcrowded because of bollywood stars๐Ÿ˜†it was a general statement...reading too much

well even justin bieber is in tassauds..kareena can sure be there

But she has not JUST survived. She has moved way beyond just surviving. She is working with all the Khans and the Kumars. Isn't that what you call a making of the superstar in commercial Bollywood language? She was also the chosen actress on almost all the bollywood insiders list. Almost every guest on KWK said Kareena was a better actress. They did not say Aishwarya or Priyanka. The girl can act, she has been here for almost 11 years now and she is still going strong. Rani started in 98 by the time it was 2007 she fizzled out with 4 flops in a row, she is still struggling to recover, Aishwarya started gaining her popularity around 1999 by the time it was 2009, she as well fizzeled out with lack of box office success and not enough meaty roles. But Kareena gets all the top projects offered to her and is constantly in the news either for personal or professional reasons. If there is any female bollywood star worth being called superstar, then its Kareena. 
Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Arey wah... ih Viyavastha... ??

wat happen in dis thread ?? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Da_BagarhBilla

Arey wah... ih Viyavastha... ??

wat happen in dis thread ?? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Sam viyavastha kya hai...meri Hindi/Urdu itni mazboot nahin hai๐Ÿ˜›
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
If Hrithik can have a statue at Madame Tussauds then why cant Kareena...Kareena has an amazing screen presence...she has immense popularity... and she has the acting chops too ...

I have no problems with Hrithik being up there...He was quite popular once upon a time... South asian population brings in the major chunk of the revenues at Madame Tussaauds...So they need to have popular stars to attract people...SRK is one of the most photographed star there...

If they keep waiting for legends in the same league as AB that will be a tough shoes to fill in... So it makes complete sense from their standpoint to have popular ones like SRK, Salman etc... I am glad that after a long time they have chosen a female star...