Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: ruky786

Why do you always bring up how old she is?πŸ˜• It doesn't matter as long as she delivers good performances I am happy and btw I think G3 was a good performance from her...she can do comedy she did it in Golmaal 2 and I do believe she can have a hit on her own...why the comparison between Kareena and SrideviπŸ˜•

hmmm...as usual hitting the last post.without reading the earlier pages...right?...well the 'so called comparison post of kareena better than shridevi' was not started by me but by bebocholic...and if she thinks she can say kareena is better than shri...we have the right to say the same...its not a temple of kareena kapoor tht we should worship in other words its not a fan club but a discussion forum..also i again repeat i am no mood in having arguments with kareena fans since they never keep the discussion clean..all i just replied abt the post by beboholic...
Originally posted by: desigal90

If you think G3 was completley male dominated and Kareena didnt have much comic scope, you clearly werent paying attention.
She did as much comedy as Kunal Khemu, or Arshad Warsi, and DEFINITELY more than Ajay Devgan. 
Numerous reviews called her the "HERO" of G3.
I watched the mvoie in the theaters, and peopel were laughign their heads off at her lines and act.

How else has any actress attempted comedy nowadays? Kareena is infact the only actress today who CAN pull it off.

Not just G3, but also she had the audience in splits with her Ekta Kapoor act in Golmaal Returns, even though the film was crappy.

Apart from these, there's the dhokla, fafda scene in 3 Idiots, and the kutte Kameene sequence in JWM can still get audiences to crack up.

If you can give any other example of comedy more extensive for an actress today, kindly start listing, since you claimed "IF kareena attempts comedy, audience will start crying. "
I've seen her attempt it, and she's NAILED IT, and apparently, the mango people AND critics agree.

will believe it all...but from an honest viewer not from a hardcore fan...where even volcanoes burst into flowersπŸ˜†

i can put off many random reviews where G2 ND 3 are thrashed and her performance but there is nothing to stretch it like a bubblegum...kareeena fans can happy as much as they can...as far as bringing her down...i don't guess anybody is doing tht sort...coz she ain't great actress either...πŸ˜†she is a big star so she should enjoy...she has her days now...may be after 6 and seven years...we will find her feeding saifu's babies and knitting clothes🀣 πŸ€£

nuff said πŸ˜†
Edited by Nitu_KayaTheCop - 12 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: beboholic

Hetal your Devdas avies and sigs are so gorgeous! 

THANKS!!!!πŸ˜ƒ
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cedrikk

Thing is even B-grade singers & celebs have their wax replica in various wax museums all over the world. Having yours at Madame Tussauds only confirms your popularity & somehow your achievement as far as your craft is concerned. Kareena did make it. Good for her. Cause her acting abilities at start were awful.

Compared to s.o who's not offered a JOB and so can't prove his/her value, Kareena was given chances more easily than others. She had worthy opportunities because she's a Kapoor.
That's a FACT. If she was an outsider, she wouldn't have made it, my POV. She didn't have to sleep with any Khan, to search for godfathers/mothers, to beg people to take her in movies, to sleep at people's home cause she had one. Of course people judged her bad and she wasn't considered to be a good actress. She worked hard and now it's showing so congrats to her. But I'm sure in India, there are debutant actresses who are as talented as her and who are gievn only the chance to suck up to sugar producers daddies.

Abhishek for instance is a star too, has flops, some hits. And directors beg him to make movies thanks to his father & wife, mostly. He is popular. I won't be surprised if he gets his own wax statue one day. But that doesn't make him more talented than Saif Ali Khan or Hrithik Roschan.

@ bold... i agree...!  of course, it is great that more and more indian celebs are getting their wax replicas at madame tussauds... it confirms their popularity... as far as acting caliber is concerned, if we set standards by everyone's first movie, then 99.9 % stars were awful... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

you know, i've realized one thing... it's mostly only desis who have problems and issues with such things... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  and that's not to say anything to you ced... the thought just came into my mind...!   😳

rest, i do partially agree... some have it easy than the others... and kareena did have it easy... there's no two ways about it... having connections helps a LOT... even aamir relied on his connections to bail him out in the earlier years of his career, a FACT that many of his fans love to overlook now...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  this is just an example, since fan slinging seems to be the order of the day, judging by the thread.. i guess, that renders that OPINION, quite worthless...!  πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

abhi is not a star, and certainly not a big enough star yet... maybe he'll get recognition one day or another, but not as of now...!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›   saif is talented, definitely, but hrithik...?  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  let the guy first try to make his emotional scenes work without turning them into unintenional comedies, before he can be considered in the league of good actors...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  that is not to say, he CAN'T act... of course he can... but he has his niche...!  
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: beboholic

Hetal your the sweetest and the most fair member. Your the first to wish kareena fans! πŸ€—

By the way zubi, Paro and Geet gonna stand next to each other...hilarious! Your so funny!  πŸ˜†

Thanks! But that can't be true...there must be more ppl out there too!!! Oh well...girls just be excited and happy, but you can't make every one love her!!!!  

Aishu and Bebo are gonna be great!!!! I'm so happy it's Bebo! She really and truly deserves...can't think another actress that as versatile and awesome as her...well I can, but she's totally awesome!!!! Congratz my gals...partytime!!!!πŸ₯³
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
For people who previously claimed that kareena diddnt do comedy, then changed hteir claim to she could not PULL OFF comedy in golmaal 3. Enjoy the read. 

"But the one who's obviously having the greatest fun amongst the band of boys is Kareena Kapoor as Dabboo, the orphan who is hell bent on creating the Hum Saath Saath Hain happy family out of the warring factions. Kareena's vibrant, vivacious and ekdum bindaas, almost in sync with the outrageous palette of colours that Rohit Shetty uses for the sets and costumes of his film. "
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/movie-reviews/hindi/Golmaal-3/moviereview/6871123.cms

"What circumstances bring the family together is what the funny flick is about.
Great production values, hearty performances especially by Mithun, Ratna, Ajay and Kareena add to the appeal of the film."

"Mithun, Ratna Pathak and Kareena are the best performers."

"Another well-written character is of Kareena, who fits in so well with the boys. She looks every bit the tomboy she is expected to be. She's matchless."
- Taran Adharsh

"Kareena Kapoor is splendid. She has a dream role and is actually the biggest hero of the film. She plays the tomboyish character with such aplomb that she will instantly endear herself to the audience. "

This si what happens when Kareena attemps comedy.
There are other critic reviews as well. This is just the first 3 pages of the 13 page G3 topic on kareean's forum that has all the reviews.
I have tweets from the mango people and neutral member reviews as well that I cna post if you still think only kareena fans liked her G3 act.

Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: desigal90

If you think G3 was completley male dominated and Kareena didnt have much comic scope, you clearly werent paying attention.
She did as much comedy as Kunal Khemu, or Arshad Warsi, and DEFINITELY more than Ajay Devgan. 
Numerous reviews called her the "HERO" of G3.
I watched the mvoie in the theaters, and peopel were laughign their heads off at her lines and act.

How else has any actress attempted comedy nowadays? Kareena is infact the only actress today who CAN pull it off.

Not just G3, but also she had the audience in splits with her Ekta Kapoor act in Golmaal Returns, even though the film was crappy.

Apart from these, there's the dhokla, fafda scene in 3 Idiots, and the kutte Kameene sequence in JWM can still get audiences to crack up.

If you can give any other example of comedy more extensive for an actress today, kindly start listing, since you claimed "IF kareena attempts comedy, audience will start crying. "
I've seen her attempt it, and she's NAILED IT, and apparently, the mango people AND critics agree.

exactly... πŸ˜‰  phir outliers se kya difference padta hai...?  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰ 

not everyone can give credit where it's due... as far as i've experienced, anyways... her case is surprisingly and interestingly a lot like ash's in many ways...!   πŸ˜‰
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Surprising that Kareena and Aish have quite the critics in people sometimes, yet these are the two that have managed to make quite some achievements.

I guess hte higher you climb, hte more people you have trying to pull you back down.
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
wow...dis is an anewum news...totally deserving...U rock bebo !!!
xChandnix thumbnail
This is NOT a Golmaal 3 reviews topic, desigal90  so please can we stop diverting from the original article. Keep all discussions about that elsewhere .

Also making digs at fans is not allowed, please can you stop Nitu_KayaTheCop as it seems as if you are trying to initiate an argument, which is just immature.

Everybody has an opinion and no one person is right or wrong, this is a discussion forum so discuss but there's no need to try and prove your opinion as fact.