jsha

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 1:10am | IP Logged
hey masswa and natt nice picsBig smile
jsha IF-Rockerz
jsha
jsha

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
"Amit Tondon welcomes his little angel "

Television actor Amit Tondon aka Manthan of Kyunki fame was waiting for his life time moment as his dear wife, Dr. Ruby was due. Finally the wait is over as Ruby delivered a baby girl last month on June 30th in Canada.

We tried getting in touch with Amit Tondon but his phone was on voicemail while Ruby's phone was switched off. So we spoke with Reshmii Ghosh, who is the couple's family friend.

We spoke to Reshmii Ghosh, his co-star who said, "Oh, I am in touch with him and let me tell you that both,baby and mother are doing fine. I have seen the photo of the little baby and she looks like Amit and is very healthy and cute. His Indian number is switched off, though I have his international number, I think I wont to able to give it to you."

Further she told us, "The name of the baby is Jiyana, which is a very cute name. Amit is in Vancouver, Canada, which is his wife's hometown and I guess they will be back in Mumbai within a month.

Indya congratulates Amit and Dr.Ruby Tondon for this beautiful bliss.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Dalisay.

jsha IF-Rockerz
jsha
jsha

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 1:13am | IP Logged
"The re-birth of Amit Tandon"

He got his maiden taste of fame as a singer, (a contestant on Sony's Indian Idol) next as an actor (Manthan in Kyunki...) and once again Amit Tandon takes a u-turn. Though continuing with his acting stint, this hunk is all set to unleash his first ever music album. Here's a clearer update on his forthcoming venture and more'

Amit commences telling, "work on my album started a while ago," but wasn't there criticism as he never sounded good enough? "Yes, but I don't blame them as I wasn't a trained singer but now I am very confident with my singing abilities."
Amit is still in the process so the name of the album can wait, however he assures, "The title of the album will be very close to my heart as it is going to be my re-birth."

What is the range of music that will highlight the album? "It will have one Latin number rest are jingles of Hindi, Punjabi and Rock numbers. It's going to be a spectrum of music. I am incorporating dance, romantic and soulful numbers, so there will be a feel that every ear can identify with. At the end of the day a good album is a good album and good music is good music."

Has he decided on the music label? "No I don't have one handy as my recording will end by the offset of next month. Then I'll be ready to pitch. Even though I have produced the album myself, hopefully I would like them to cover the video aspect. I am very confident of this project, so I am least worried about being picked up by a good music company; I just want to be projected well. I have worked really hard on my voice and the album to prove wrong all predisposed beliefs about an actor cutting an album."

So when is the album going to see the light of the day? "The month will be a bright sunny morning in June!" So is he planning to pick up any of the actors that he is working with to promote or to feature in his album? "I have been thinking about it and the options are always open but my focus is going to be the music of the album. Aaj kal videos are great but the songs are really bad ' I really don't want that. So I may just decide on someone new, so as long as the music is happening the video will come on its own. But yes I do have an advantage as I have got Balaji at my disposal so I can look on to few of my actor friends from Kyunki..."

Just as Amit sits with his fingers crossed, we wish him all the luck needed!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Dalisay.

jsha IF-Rockerz
jsha
jsha

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged

'I love watching Hindi movies' - Amit Tandon

Saturday, May 24, 2008 | 8:16:27 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 18 Comments
'I love watching Hindi movies' - Amit Tandon

The handsome and well built Amit Tandon is right here at Telly Buzz answering a set of rapid fires...

Describe yourself in one word: Unstoppable

Best Complement received till date: People have said that I am a good actor.

Favorite Movie Dialogue: The Amitabh Bachchan dialogue 'Mard ko dard nahi hota', because I am very opposite to that which is visible in the reality shows. It is said that men don't cry and are stubborn, but well, I am not.

One Accessory you always have with you: My watch.

If you were a Prime Minister for one day you would: I would make a law that the rich have to give a certain amount or a certain percentage of income to the poor and this would reduce the poverty level.

The Quality you like in Women: Looks and other attributes are fine, but honesty is the quality that I look for in a woman.

If not an actor, then what would you be: I had always thought to do something in the entertainment industry even though I had done law. I had no Godfather and was inclined to do something only in media industry.

Your Greatest Strengths: Unless and until I believe in something, I won't give myself to it. You can say my work and confidence in me are my strengths.

Your Greatest Weakness: I am too emotional, in my case I say things form my heart and people take it otherwise. However, I am happy about it as I don't want to be fake!!

Song that is always on your lips: I really like that song, Ek haseena thi….

Favorite Television Show: 'Saath Saath Banayenge Ek Aashiyaan' that's my current show on air.

You are Passionate about: Singing and Acting

Best Movie till date: I love watching films. I would say its Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge… I think it is probably the best Indian entertainer or any Amitabh Bachchan movie.

Author and Reporter: Binita Ramchandani

jsha IF-Rockerz
jsha
jsha

Posted: 08 June 2011 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Amit Tandon: At Home

Amit Tandon with wife RubyIt has been five months since Amit Tandon tied the knot with his fiance Ruby. On the eve of their fifth month anniversary we caught up with the couple at their home in Lokhandwala, Mumbai.

For Amit, marriage has brought about an unexpected and pleasant change in his life. He says, "I have always been used to having my freedom. My family is in the US and I've been away form them for 4 years now. The decision to get married was somewhat in their hands. They said that I might as well get married since I'm all alone over here. I was hesitant about how I would adjust to married life as I'd heard good stories and bad stories but it's been wonderful with Ruby. She's really changed my life and improved it.

Changes after marriage:
Ruby says, "He hasn't changed he's still the same."

Amit agrees saying, "I haven't changed much but I've mellowed down. I don't go out as much." (Ruby corrects him saying he doesn't go out at all).

The reason for this is because Amit wants to "avoid anything that will get Ruby upset. There are female fans and the industry is a certain way. The more you get involved in it the worse it gets. I don't want rubbish things to come in the papers so I don't go out."

As a couple we go to dinners. We go to the movies. We have also started going to plays.

I've never been much of a clubbing person anyway I think its more brain drain than actually entertaining."

Ruby, who is a doctor by profession; jokes that as of now she is "pretty much living in Amit's shadow."

"I was supposed to return to New York in July to start my residency. I pushed it back to 2008 because of Amit's album. At first we thought we'll try long distance but I don't see it working now. I don't think we can move away from each other."

"She has been offered a job at Lilavati but she is still thinking about it as she wants to be there to support Amit" Amit says.

"Ruby is my good luck charm"
Amit says: "She's been a big support system for me. I don't believe I would have done an album and been so happy with it had she not been in my life. People say that when two people come together their kismet comes together. My luck wasn't always the best. I would always get to a certain point and that would be it. I wouldn't move ahead of that. Right now, however things are working out. It's been five months of marriage and four months before that. Ruby has been pushing me to get into the scene and get more serious. "

How has Ruby changed since they got married?
"She's a little less patient with me!" laughs Amit. "She's been wonderful since day one. The impatient part is my fault. I've always said I was a very tough guy to live with. My mom and sisters can vouch for it. And now Ruby can vouch for it. The person who has to live with me has got to have patience from heaven above because I am impossible!"

Though Ruby says Amit is "not as bad as he makes himself out to be."

Ruby misses home:
"I miss home. I was brought up there I lived there all my life. My family is in Canada so I have no family here and neither does Amit. It's just me and him here. That makes it harder."

Amit is in the final stages of his debut album:
The album is called Amit Tandon: Rebirth because music to me is like a second opportunity. I've finished the musical programming. Eight songs have been selected. Now my voice recordings are left. From the 12th to 17th I'll complete those. Then there is the mixing and mastering. By June we'll start shooting the video. By the end of July the video should release. I'm hoping to sign with a music company by then. The music is strong so there is a good opportunity."

Amit Tandon with wife RubyAmit bought the flat in Lokhandwala two years ago. He and his wife Ruby stay there with their pet Labrador Frankie.

Bedroom
The bedroom is Amit and Ruby's favourite room of the house. According to Amit he practically lives in that room. He says, "I do my riyaaz in the room. I take my keyboard to there too. I even have my dinner here because I like watching TV here. I just like the bedroom much better."

Ruby says it's her favourite part of the house only because "I spend so much time there. Otherwise I like the kitchen as well."

Balcony
Amit: "When I'm feeling a little down or want to get away from the air conditioning I sit outside in the balcony. It's very peaceful. Now it's too hot now so I don't even attempt to go there."

Lounge
Amit says, "I always have my breakfast right here in the mornings. I read the papers here and I do my riyaaz as well. I spend good hour here in the morning."

According to Ruby though "Amit spends two hours but he doesn't even realize."

"We're planning on extending the lounge and getting rid of some things. Once we do that this may become my favourite room!" says Amit laughing.

Photo wall
Amit: "I arranged the photos a long time ago but I still have to update my wedding photos. I want to put more photographs up all around the house."

Kitchen
Ruby says, "I like to cook. I was trained one summer when I was 15 by my grandma. She taught me how to make Indian food. I also went to med school away from home and I used to cook for myself. I can cook Western as well as Indian. Amit loves kheema. He likes pasta and sabzis like bindi bharta and aloo gobi."

Amit says, "I really love Kheema. I've been eating it for four days. I like the way Ruby cooks so I've been asking her to do it more often.

I'm a very bad cook! I'm a very bad help as well! I'm very impatient so I don't bother trying. One thing I do help with is to bring groceries. I like going grocery shopping. I basically like spending!"

The couple has a huge DVD collection
Amit: "We're big movie buffs. Our tastes are a little different though. I've started to notice the films I enjoy watching she turns away too and the films she enjoys I end up falling asleep to! We're balancing it out slowly. I'm moving towards more mushy romantic films. She's trying to watch the thriller dramatic films I like watching. Though action is still a strict no with her!"

Go to top