Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moontide thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Yep...like I said earlier Naku now knows Ramdas' side of the story. But we are yet to know Damodar's side. From the dates it appears that Ramdas, Nana, Rupali came into Damodar's life after he had escaped the law and his responsibilities after SP's death. Did he follow the same path of selfishness then? If yes why did he take Rupali to Ramdas' house? Being a common friend of NS and Ramdas he could have done a lot more damage without taking Rupali there.

You know what, I think there more to Ramdas that what we know as of now. And yes Damodar's reasons need to become clear. He calls Rupali bachchi. Was he really protective about her?
Now may be Damodar took her along because when we are young and desperately in love, we become somewhat blinded by our emotions. So may be he wanted Rupali to see for herself so that the scales would fall from her eyes so to speak. And as you hint, may be he wasn't as selfish a man as we believe him to be. May be killing his brother changed him someway, may be there was an amount of remorse there. So many possibilities...and thats what makes LTL what it is...our addiction and passion 😊
Moontide thumbnail
Originally posted by: agbg98

I used to watch (many years ago) an American TV show "Angel"...Dutta reminds me a little of this character. Brooding...dark...tortured soul...got a lot of guilt...killer...just want someone to love him...and so on.

What amazing thing with Mishal is that he can shout be not so nice in one scene and then on the next show so much vulnerability and hurt in his face and his voice...that you just forget what he just did.

But yes...Dutta is a very unique character and never seen in any Indian TV show...but still (I think) it is Mishals very hard work and brilliant performance that made the character so unique.😊

Oh YES! sooo agree here. Mishal took up this character and put him in an altogether different pedestral by his talent and characterisation. His interpretation of Dutta shows he is a thinking man. He brought in shades to Dutta which probably even the creatives did not or could not have thought about. His is a very fluid face and the myriad play of emotions he can bring into a scene within a span of a few seconds is fantastic. I don't know if any creative can think that up. I'm sure if we start discussing some such scenes this thread will run on to hundreds of pages. This is also precisely why I cannot accept any one else as Dutta. The person can be an even more talented actor but for me Dutta can have only one face.
I think his portrayal played the major part in making Dutta this unique. Must say I wasn't floored by him in Love Story. But in LTL, it was like he was this whole new actor. He has matured as one
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Moontide

You know what, I think there more to Ramdas that what we know as of now. And yes Damodar's reasons need to become clear. He calls Rupali bachchi. Was he really protective about her?
Now may be Damodar took her along because when we are young and desperately in love, we become somewhat blinded by our emotions. So may be he wanted Rupali to see for herself so that the scales would fall from her eyes so to speak. And as you hint, may be he wasn't as selfish a man as we believe him to be. May be killing his brother changed him someway, may be there was an amount of remorse there. So many possibilities...and thats what makes LTL what it is...our addiction and passion 😊

When his brother fell down he was instantly remorseful. But he was a coward and ran away. Like a coward he prolly stayed away as he did not have the guts to face the people he had wronged-his son and his brother's family. He returned when he realized time has run out. Maybe he had to say something important to Dutta. Thats why he had to tell Dutta his real identity.
The Ramdas chap looks fishy to me. He almost got Rupali married to another guy.
*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

OH Dewdrop-pearl!!!!! 

Where were you? Missed you gal. verrry much :-)

Hey Moony...missed you too dear πŸ€—πŸ€—! Tu dar mat, Moony...ab main aa gayi hoon na! πŸ˜ƒ
TheRager thumbnail

Oh YES! sooo agree here. Mishal took up this character and put him in an altogether different pedestral by his talent and characterisation. His interpretation of Dutta shows he is a thinking man. He brought in shades to Dutta which probably even the creatives did not or could not have thought about. His is a very fluid face and the myriad play of emotions he can bring into a scene within a span of a few seconds is fantastic. I don't know if any creative can think that up. I'm sure if we start discussing some such scenes this thread will run on to hundreds of pages. This is also precisely why I cannot accept any one else as Dutta. The person can be an even more talented actor but for me Dutta can have only one face.
I think his portrayal played the major part in making Dutta this unique. Must say I wasn't floored by him in Love Story. But in LTL, it was like he was this whole new actor. He has matured as one

He was good in Love Story. Thats why I decided to watch LTL after his entry. But I agree...in terms of his art and his looks he had matured in LTL. The initial taciturn Dutta I think helped. MR has to primarily depend on his body language and expressions to communicate. For an actor the initial days in a show are important as they make an impression which stays on. Thats when he devised his way of communicating his myriad thoughts thru his eyes and expressions.
Moontide thumbnail
Moontide thumbnail
Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

Hey Moony...missed you too dear πŸ€—πŸ€—! Tu dar mat, Moony...ab main aa gayi hoon na! πŸ˜ƒ

Ayiye/ Aapka/ Intezaar tha...tra la la, tra la la, tra la la tra la la...πŸ€—
TheRager thumbnail
@Moontide: Like Baji mentioned that in Kala's raj the letter could have been misplaced...or worse thrown away. But I hope they exist.
Btw I feel NS thinks if he had known abt Rupali and Ramdas he would have prolly got them married.
Moontide thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

@Moontide: Like Baji mentioned that in Kala's raj the letter could have been misplaced...or worse thrown away. But I hope they exist.

Btw I feel NS thinks if he had known abt Rupali and Ramdas he would have prolly got them married.

Guess Baji is right Kshreya. So it will be interesting to watch what sleuthing technique they use to hunt down the letter. Or does Kala have it? Knowing her, had she got her hands on a letter addressed to Dutta from Damodar, would she just throw it away without first reading the contents?

As for Nana, my Ishtyle icon πŸ˜ƒ, he could have. That way he would have gottten himself a designer sherwani for the occassion πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
But seriously Nana's is a crooked mind. He could also have tortured the love birds for all we know :-(
Edited by Moontide - 12 years ago
Ani_La_Iam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Word...Moontide😊

I watch LTL first...my sister showed me an episode. I was complaining about how all TV shows (American) has got boring with no dept in the characters and Indian TV shows the same thing and the same story.

No challenging characters...no dept...nothing.

Anyway after seeing the episode...Nakusha and Dutta's first marriage...I was hooked. In the beginning mostly because of Mishal's amazing performance.

After that I wanted to check out Love Story...I like the show...different and again a challenging and troubled character.
😊
Edited by agbg98 - 12 years ago