Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Ram Kapoor on a New High 

Actor Ram Kapoor, 38 years old, who was last seen on the big screen in Udaan and now plays Ram Kapoor in popular teleseries Bade Acche Lagte Hain is riding a wave of popularity these days. We've also seen him host Rakhi Ka Swayamwar and act in shows like Ghar Ek MandirKyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, etc in the past but this time the actor plays a business tycoon in his late 40s and a husband who gradually falls in love after marriage.  

ShaadiTimes finds out about the 
actor's onscreen characters, future projects and more...

What is the kind of response you've got from people for your show, Bade Acche Lagte Hain, so far?
It's been wonderful and definitely positive. A lot of people have actually liked my character and the idea of Saakshi Tanwar and me coming together onscreen. Moreover, the show has been enjoying a good TRP ever since it went on air. So, yes I'm loving every bit of it. It feels great when people appreciate my work.

How did the show happen for you?
I think I'm a character actor more than the leading hero type. I feel I belong to the league of actors like Boman Irani and Anupam Kher. So, when I was offered the show by TV czarina Ekta Kapoor I absolutely loved the script. Plus, inspite of being overweight I got a chance to play the lead, so I had no reason to say no. And I'm glad I took this up.   

Were you okay with jokes being cracked about you being overweight on the show? 
Actually, Ekta did ask me if it would be all right to talk about my weight issues in funny dialogues. The writers were apprehensive. But I didn't really have an issue with that. I think it's important to poke fun at yourself at times, you can't always be serious. Once in a while, it's great to show your inadequacies too, isn't it? Moreover, it works for me because this is the first time it has happened on TV. I've set a new trend of a fat hero and people are actually relating to it.

What kept you away from the tellyworld for so long?
I did a couple of films like Hazaaron Khwaishein AisiKarthik Calling Karthik,Udaan, etc, but yes I was away from the small screen because I wasn't happy with the kind of roles I was offered. It wasn't something that I've always wanted to do. The reason why I took up Rakhi Ka Swayamvar was because I had a chance to do something different - host a show. So, I didn't mind taking it up.  

How much do you identify with the character you're currently playing in Bade Acche...?
(laughs) Not at all! Neither am I a business man and nor am I unmarried. I'm a happily married man with two kids. In real life, I'm just the opposite of my onscreen character. I'm quite jovial and know how to enjoy life. 

What kind of an equation do you share with lead actress Saakshi Tanwar?
Well, we're both secure actors. She is a great human being and we've known each other for a while now. So, we're comfortable working with each other. It's good fun on the sets.

Are there any Bollywood projects in the pipeline? 
Yes! I've signed up for a couple of interesting projects like Karan Johar's Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu starring Kareena and Imran, where I play a Las Vegas real estate king. There's some good comedy in the film. You'll see me sharing screen space with Boman Irani, Ratna Pathak Shah and Imran Khan. Apart from this, you'll also see me in Agent Vinod, where I play a Russian mob boss. Sriram Raghavan, the director of the film, wanted to experiment with my look and diction. Luckily, I'm pretty good with accents, so I was suitable for the role. I am just hoping for the best for the future.

Edited by Salmanayesha - 12 years ago
saisamanvi thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
gr8 interview by ram
thanks for sharing
ankurjainnnt thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
hii ekta kapoor! 
listen agar tum chaho to abhi ke abhi is serial [bade achhe lagte hain] ko band kar do hamein itna afsos nahi hoga.par pleaseee priya aur ram ko alag mat karo plzzz