Bade Acche Laggte Hai

*~Bade Acche Lagte Hain Articles Archive~* - Page 3

Isa_de thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Ekta promised Sakshi an image makeover

May 31, 2011, 12.12pm IST

It's not easy to get a second chance to play a lead in a TV show or to get an image makeover, but Sakshi Tanwar, the perfect 'bahu' of the small screen, has got both thanks to Ekta Kapoor.

The actress thanks Ekta for giving her " Bade Achche Lagte Hain", in which her character is closer to her age.

"I play a modern day woman who believes in love and late marriage. The show brings two people together, who have very different ideologies and shows how they fall in love after getting married," Sakshi said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-purnima- thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ram and Priya, the leads of Sony TV's Bade Acche Laggte Hai will meet for the first time in tonight's episode

The protagonists of Sony TV's Bade Acche Laggte Hai, Priya (Saakshi Tanwar) and Ram (Ram Kapoor) have been shown to be going thro' a similar lonely feeling in life where they long for a perfect companion who will understand them for what they are.

The duo has had few hit and miss scenes, but have not come face to face till now.

However in tonight's episode, Ram and Priya will come face to face which will take the story to a new high.

As per the ongoing story line, Ram and Priya have had an ugly conversation on phone. In tonight's episode, Ram is forced by his step mother to have a talk with the middle class family of Kartik (
    Mohit Malhotra); she wants Ram to proceed with the wedding of Natasha (Sumona) and Kartik. Though Ram has a different outlook on Natasha-Kartik relationship, he is forced to abide to his mother's orders.

After all the confusion related to the accident, Sudhir, Priya's father suffers from high BP and comes to the dispensary with Priya to get his BP checked. At the same time, Ram also has a BP problem and reaches the same dispensary. Priya and Ram sit in the same room with just a curtain separating them, but don't see each other.

In another scene, Priya is about to get into her building when Ram comes there to meet Kartik's family. The lift is not working, and Priya and Ram come face to face for the first time when they are climbing the stairs. Priya sees a gasping and breathless Ram and offers to give him a glass of water. Ram goes inside Priya's house when he realizes that he has left Kartik's address in the car. He calls his driver to get it for him to the fourth floor. Priya is taken aback when she sees the driver and realizes that Ram is the same person who was rude to her on phone. Ram is equally shocked when he sees the address and understands that this is Kartik's house.

How will Priya and Ram react now? How will their love story begin?

Catch the exciting episode tonight on
    Sony TV..
    muaaz thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
    Home > Television > Parvati Bhabhi is back!

Parvati Bhabhi is back!

Thursday, June 09, 2011
    By Sandeep Hattangadi

Saakshi Tanwar aka Parvati Bhabhi (Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii) returns to TV as a lead once again in Sony Entertainment Television's (SET) new show, 'Bade Achhe Laggte Hai… Yeh Dharti, Yeh Nadiya, Yeh Rainna Aur Tum'. ADC caught up with her for a chit chat on her comeback journey. Here is what the demure soft-spoken lady has to say.

Can you say something about your character in 'Bade Achhe Laggte Hai…'?
    I essay a single thirty-plus lady, Priya Sharma in this mature love story; a old fashioned literature professor. She believes in romance and is still waiting for her Mr. Right. Priya is very close to her parents and younger brother who incidentally falls in love with my co-star, Ram Kapoor, a middle-aged business tycoon character's kid sister. Ram plays a 40+ businessman with no time for love. Fate brings our completely diverse characters together in an arranged marriage and they discover love.

How is your chemistry with Ram Kapoor?
    Actually we don't need chemistry as our show talks about love evolving post marriage. Having said that, I have known Ram for a while now. He is a very good actor who always comes on time. We help each other to excel in each and every scene.

Is it true that Ekta has made this show just for you and Ram?
    Yes, when she had planned the 'Generation Next' leap in 'Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki' and at that point she had promised me a character, which would be closer to my age. In fact she had offered me this role within four months of the above Star Plus super hit show shutting down, but then I had refused for I wanted a break after eight years of 24 hours, seven days a week, hard work. She again contacted me after I returned and I just said yes for the character is written according to my personality. I don't need to do any home work; I just go on sets and mouth my lines.

Are you afraid that you will not able to break the Parvati Bhabhi mould?
    If we get scared we will not be able to do it. Having said that I have always been getting a large number of roles which I refused, hence the question of me being relegated to the background is completely off tangent. After my break, I returned with Crime Patrol which appealed to me, given its concept of crime against woman. Then came 'Ballika Vadhu'.

But that Colors popular show character did not click with the audiences?
    I strongly feel that had the channel given more footage, the public would have accepted Teepri. It is but natural that there would be a certain amount of resistance after having played very powerful positive characters in 'Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki'  and 'Devi'. I will continue to experiment with different genres in the future as well.

We have heard that you dabbled in TV production during the break.

Yes, I have become Creative Director for a Doordarshan show. I have learnt various crafts of the trade (writing, music, editing etc). I feel every actor should undergo a similar exercise for then he or she will realize that they alone are not responsible for a show's success or failure. There is much more that goes on between action and cut.

You have done a few films in the mean time .
    I was very happy to make my filmy debut with 'Coffee House' with the same director, Gurveer Singh Grewal who had given me my first TV break (Dastoor, 1996). It was a small role, Ashutosh Rana was the main hero in the film. Then I played myself in Balaji Telefilms, 'C Kompany'. I had also acted in a very interesting film called 'Saluun' with Gaurav Kapoor. 'Saluun' actually chronicled the trials and tribulations of a small town village barber who wants to save his shop from the usual corrupt municipal officials. I came to know that this long delayed project might finally see the light of day this month.. Hoping for the best.

muaaz thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

"I had to give audience a break"

Interview with Saakshi Tanwar on TV soap 'Bade Achche lagte hain'

Saakshi Tanwar, Actor

Saakshi Tanwar, 38, ruled the world of kitschy saris and screechy dialogues for the longest time as Paarvati in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. She was last seen as Teepri on Balika Vadhu. The telly world's favourite bhabhi puts aside her differences with Ekta Kapoor to fit into a romantic role in a new show, Bade Achche Lagte Hain, on Sony.

Q. What reaction has the show, Bade Achche Lagte Hain, got so far?

A. The feedback has been positive, especially about the subject and Ram and me coming back together. After Amitabh Bachchan's tweet, the buzz has got stronger. It makes me quite nervous.

Q. How did the show happen for you?

A. I was offered it within four months of closing Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. I didn't want to do it though because tv is time consuming. The audiences were seeing me every day for eight years; I had to give them a break too.

Q. Since it's a romantic show, how passionate are you in real life?

A. I am a dreamy person. I believe you don't find love, it finds you.

Q. How much do you identify with the character?

A. I play Priya Sharma who is in her early 30s and unmarried. She believes in being independent. It's pretty much the same situation as mine as far as independence is concerned.

Q. What kind of an equation do you share with Ram Kapoor?

A. We are both very secure actors. He is spontaneous which helps getting the best out of both of us.

Q. When do you plan to tie the knot?

A. I have left that to my destiny. Whenever it happens, I will surrender to it.

Q. Are you keen on doing movies?

A. Yes, very much. I have done a major role in C.P. Dwivedi's Mohalla Assi opposite Sunny Deol.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/story/actor-saakshi-tanwar-on-bade-achche-lagte-hain/1/140348.html
    .Tanya. thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
    Different style of romance
    Two well-known actors returned to prime-time fiction after a hiatus and blew away our minds. We are talking about Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar in Ekta Kapoor's Bade Achche Lagte Hain Yeh Dharti, Yeh Nadiya, Yeh Raina Aur Tum.

It is good to see something novel from Ekta's plate and this time she gave us a middle-aged romance between two individuals 33 year old Priya Sharma (Sakshi Tanwar) and 40 year old Ram Kapoor(Ram Kapoor).

Both the character sketches are different from what we have seen in Ekta's past shows.

Priya Sharma is her papa's girl who is simple, idealistic, teacher, happy with her middle-class status and aspirations in life. Ram Kapoor is a wealthy man who lives with his stepmother and two stepsisters and loves them immensely, though his step mom [Eva Grover] uses him. Overweight and single, he's given up all the hopes of marriage.

The show warmed up with cast introductions and went on to endearing sparring between Priya and Ram, though the rest of the cast overacts to every situation. It is good to see Sakshi such a role after Kahaani and her chemistry with Ram is working slowly and steadily. We also like Ram Kapoor's self-deprecatory humour. But guess their romance will begin after marriage. That would be interesting.

Verdict: If you are looking for a mature romance and good acting –then this is it.

Rating:***

Don't forget to watch Bade Achche Lagte Hain,every Monday to Thursday at 10.30 pm only on Sony.
    Bade Ache Lagte Hain sees Priya getting engaged

1 hour ago
    Sony TV's "Bade Ache Lagte Hain" is going through an interesting twist. As per the ongoing track, Priya Sharma (Sakshi Tanwar) has got engaged to Vineet Malhotra.

Everyone is happy as now Kartik and Ram Kapoor's sister Natasha's marriage can also be commenced. Though the families are now gearing up for the wedding ceremonies but there is something that's holding Priya's mind back. She is not able to judge if things are going on the right track.

Meanwhile, a source close to the production house has stated that in the coming episodes Ram's mother will play a crucial role in breaking Priya's marriage. The reason why she would be doing this is stated to be her will of making Priya marry Ram.

She has already spread the rumor of Ram's engagement in her friend circle just to avoid the marriage proposals coming for Ram. But this little lie of hers has now compelled her to look for a bride for him. She wants a girl who can adjust to her terms and conditions, and this is when she realizes that Priya is the perfect bride.  From there on she gets on the mission of getting Priya and Ram married.

How will she succeed in that?? Will Ram agree to his mother's decision? Do watch out the show for all these exciting twists and turns!

http://www.bolegaindia.com/gossips/Bade_Ache_Lagte_Hain_sees_Priya_getting_engaged-gid-4652-gc-16.html
    niveditha thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
    Confusion creates more drama in Bade Ache Lagte Hain!

1 hour ago
    Priya (Sakshi Tanwar) is still trying to come out of the sudden shock she had got on the day of her engagement and it seems that trail of shocks is not going to leave her soon.

As per the ongoing track in Sony TV's "Bade Ache Lagte Hain", Vineet, the boy who came to marry Priya was proved to be a cheat. He was chosen by Ram Kapoor as he wanted to help Priya and her family. But fate had something else in store, on the day of engagement when the ceremony was about to begin, Ram got the information about Vineet being already marriage.

Though heart broken, Priya still persuades her brother to get engaged to Natasha! This makes Ram's mom to consider Priya as an ideal daughter-in-law who would always be under her thumbs. She asks Priya's mom to give her daughter's hand for Ram. Meanwhile she doesn't mention Priya's name and her mom misunderstands it to be for her another daughter Ayesha.

This comes as a shock for the Sharma family but then finally they agree for it. Now the catch is that both the families aren't aware of this confusion that has occurred.  Sharma family will reach the Kapoor family for the 'roka' ceremony and there all would get shocked when Priya is offered the Shagun.

How will the family react to this?? What would be the impact of this confusion?? Stay tuned to get more updates!

http://www.bolegaindia.com/gossips/Confusion_creates_more_drama_in_Bade_Ache_Lagte_Hain-gid-4707-gc-16.html
    niveditha thumbnail
    Saakshi suffering from tonsillitis

Saakshi Tanwar aka Priya of Sony TV's Bade Acche Laggte Hai is apparently suffering from ...

Faraan92 thumbnail
    Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Hat trick of Raghav Sahay's replacement in Bade Acche Lagte Hai!

Friday, July 08, 2011 | 5:17:19 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    3 Comments

Deepak Qazir- the third choice for the character of Raghav Shahay inBade Acche Laggte Hai...

Sony TV's hit show Bade Acche Laggte Haiundoubtedly has a cast which perfectly fits to each character.  But seems like there is one character in the show who is still searching for its perfect match. 

We have already seen that the character Raghav Sahay which was essayed by Salim Shah is now replaced by Balaji loyalist Deepak Qazir.

But the latest we hear is that even before Salim Shah, Balaji had someone else in mind to essay the character.

A little birdie from the industry says, "Even before Salim Shah, Summerjeet Singh was supposed to essay the role of Raghav Sahay. But due to some issues Summerjeet Singh could not even start the schedule", adds source.

As of now, the channel and Production House have roped in Deepak Qazir and as always he is giving is best in the show.

We tried hard to get in touch with Summerjeet Singh but he was unavailable!

Hope this is the end of the replacements for the hunt of perfect Raghav Shahay!

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
    Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar
    niveditha thumbnail

Deepak Qazir- the third choice for the character of Raghav Shahay in Bade Acche Laggte Hai...