Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: ivre

Hey S

Good to know that you still have this on your mind.
The problems faced by Ridhima and Armaan is perhaps what we fear and face throughout in our life. In the teenage years, most people want to stand out of the crowd yet want to be a part of it. I guess it is the time when we begin the whole thing of gaining approval of a certain kind of group of cult, to belong there. 
It is good to read a mature conversation between 2 teenagers. I wish we really could talk about such things without outburts and emotional speeches getting in the way. It is refreshing to finally read about what exactly happens all around us.
I can never understand exactly when intelligence begins to hamper relationships. And what is more important- emotional fulfillment or an intellectual conversation and which one makes me happier. When one grows out of innocence and begins to evaluate things like intelligence, is it the "less intelligent" one at fault or the other one?
I agree with Armaan- It is perhaps time to change the compartment.
Good work and thanks for the PM
Ivre 

Glad you liked this OS. Its very much derived from the first chapter of Infinity and has shades of it.

I don't think teenagers talk that way nor do I think its talked that way by most people. Then again, if people can romanticize crap, I wanted to romanticize maturity.

Yeah, that change in compartment is applicable for me too. :-)

You are welcome for the PM!
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Xx.Sri.xX

Ah..atlast something related to Infinity..A Prelude..
Great to read it as always Sookie..
Lines i Loved..
"Sure it is. We are all walking our own paths in life. Sometimes our paths intersect and then we start walking together. After a while we come to a crossroad wherein we either take same path or depart from one another. But when we walk together, we leave our footprints all over the dusty road imprinting our existence permanently in our memories. No one can take that away from us."
Isn't that how life is..sometimes i wish to go back to those memories of childhood and never return back..
Alas life moves on just life the train..hoping to catch my compartment..😆
Good wishes..
Sri:-)

Thanks very much for the comment Sri. I wanted to finish the series but somehow nothing I write seem to fit for an epilogue.

Glad you liked this!
Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey :)

Good to see something from you. I'll read this and Infinity and be back with my comments. 

Be back, I will. Since I've got lots of time on my hand these days ;)
Edited by Arushi. - 12 years ago
Aanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This is reserved for now =)

I'll finish reading the series so far...because I'd like to read it in the order you posted it. Yeah, I'm weird that way :)

xoxo
Aanya

*EDITED*

Hey :)

This was lovely! I could totally understand what Riddhima felt...it's something that's quite common! High School cliques are overrated in my opinion. I get the fact that people who like a common activity or who are in a common club, tend to hang out with fellow club members, but what I don't understand is why a small group of people gets to decide that who's the best or most popular of them all. It's infuriating. 

Try as I may, I wasn't able to relate to the loneliness Riddhima felt in her high school years. Probably because I've always had a big group of friends all my life. And also because I'm not like Riddhima in mien. I'm more...chirpy? and talkative too :D But it made for a good read nevertheless. I was definitely able to gain more perspective on Riddhima :)

I wouldn't call you romantic in the traditional sense, but you romanticize maturely...does that make any sense? I love your writing just the same though :)

Keep writing <3

xoxo
Aanya

Edited by Aanya_taanu4evr - 12 years ago
imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I am not editing my earlier comment because I seem to be having a problem on this window. But anyways...

Firstly the reason I dint comment for so long... How come I dint read all those wonderful One shots that you have written ? I must have startEd reading your work with ' infinity' and I seriously don't remember when was the first time I read this one too. Now coming back to the why, everytime I would think of commenting I would click on the link to your other works and then end up reading one of the OS and then completely forget about commenting on this one. And everytime I read one of your works, trust me , I felt honoured that I have come across a brilliant writer such as you. I realised , well I knew that before too but it reconfirmed, how intelligent an observer you are of the minute details of everything. You write each piece with such precision (today I am going to be extra generous with my praises for you so take it all though I am no way near as good with words as you are) and I also noticed that your writing style had been different. I loved each one of your works.    I must tell you this once again today that I am honoured to be in your friend list.
Secondly, you proved me wrong ( i am not complaining) and I am happy that you did. I wrote on the infinity thread that I know why you are not updating. And that's because you know it's going to be the last in the series and then you will havE nothing else to write in this series. But I forgot that you are an extremely intelligent person. You wrote a prelude...
Now I have read it. And it was wonderful. You have rEally brought down in words the insecurities of a young mind, I cab totally understand what Ridhima was going through. When you are seventeen years old you start viewing the world differently. You notice the changes that have taken Place in you as an individual and as part of a group.
I now understand better why Armaan asked Ridhima to wait for 10 years.
Now this is long and though there is a lot I still want to write and tell you which parts I enjoyed the most, I am running short of time.
Thanks for the PM

L
Shveta
ammygurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hello Sookie. 
I just read this chapter. :) Apologies for not replying earlier. 
I agree that we meet and pass people. Some leave. Some stay. Though it is not necessary to stay on the same page, we have to look out to find people who will be there because a few might be trying to reach out for us too. 
The implication of I would change the compartment was well made. I understood it, that is all I can say. 
Thank you for a good read. This is till date the best infinity chapter.. 
Please continue with the epilogue soon.. 
Waiting eagerly. 
Take care
Ananya
Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: khahani

I am glad you wrote this because I have just started to read Infinity in the palm of your hands...this OS would serve as a foundation. I will be back to edit :)

-Nahida

Yes, please read. 

And then try writing something romantic. 

I mean her work is all subtle romance. We really could do with some romance from you, dhanno ;)
-Sookie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: esquisse

Reserved

Edit~

sookiesan - finally got around to reading this prelude. it reminded me of the first chapter (!?) some similarity there...sheds light into a few things as well as made me curious about a few things... and well the thing that's nearly impossible to miss in this part is the remarkable maturity shown by the seventeen year olds!! These two would have to be some rare gem I'd reckon. I read one of your readers commenting that '...you romanticize maturely' and I'm gonna have to agree with her. That was a nice update

Aria

Aria! Finallyyy... Yeah its very much like first chapter but more...stuff in it.

I disagree that a seventeen year old cannot be mature who would speak this way or have an emotional maturity of this level. Take Alexis Castle for example. She is not even seventeen yet but her character comes close to what I thought of about Armaan and Riddhima.

Thanks A :-)
Escapist thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I dunno how come I missed this one Sooks but now that I'm here...it feels like i dunno really!
Somehow this chapter has traces of the opening chapter 1 of infinity though the connections seems subtle the conversation still flows!

Some where I do agree that this is not all make belief and something that can be seen just in books...there are periods in a person's life esp a teenager where the person might engage in such a conversation...but for that you need to find the right individual with the right amount of emotional and intellectual connect something that's too rare now-a-days! coz somehow people have lost their innocence and yes there is innocence in what I read and more in Riddhima about Armaan I just can't conjure up anything in my mind...

What I loved the most was the summer memory and that he treasured it shows how much she values to him and the end... "Then I'll change the compartment" somehow both are on the same journey but a different path!

Will wait for an epilogue!

Take Care,
Fatima
Edited by Escapist - 12 years ago
sejal1986 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Each time I read your any of the story, I feel some sadness in it or some darkness in it. There is slight tangy feeling in your story, which I can never forget. 

You are a great writer and it is definitely a good read. There is something catchy about your story which forces me to come all the time to your stories and read it again and again.

Well you should totally appreciate the gift you have.

Sejal