Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Save our show..We need TRP..Petition Added:ImpInfo Pg25 (Page 12)

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
@Pooja: they may be typical but they are definitely targeted towards a younger audience. Even Geet- is not a very conventional plot as far as Indian tellydom is concerned. You and I are jaded by all international shows that we watch- for Indian TV this is fairly a niche audience. 

MJHT, DMG- were all shows with colleges in their backdrop- how many GEC channel shows can claim that?

I know we love to heckle, but lets give credit where its due!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hegdemedhaserialwatcher16jyoti06

-RD- Moderator
-RD-
-RD-

The Ghamgeen Head

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -pixie-

@Pooja: they may be typical but they are definitely targeted towards a younger audience. Even Geet- is not a very conventional plot as far as Indian tellydom is concerned. You and I are jaded by all international shows that we watch- for Indian TV this is fairly a niche audience. 

MJHT, DMG- were all shows with colleges in their backdrop- how many GEC channel shows can claim that?

Just having a backdrop as a college and turning it into the same kind of story is not really being different ...if just being set in a college or a hospital ...and then having the same triangles and angles ...and same kind of situations which main GEC's have in more family kind of environment is not being different in my opinion but if that enuf is a criterion for being different then so be it ...i am no one to complain or feel bothered about it cause ultimately its  the show and its story that works for me and not just the youth backdrop...and I wud rather prefer a rural show which sticks to its story than a college based show which has nothing to do with the  college or where the so called youth has nothing identifiable

Anyway the class with which Star one was launched isnt there any more ...

Edited by rdfan - 21 May 2011 at 12:32pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hegdemedhaserialwatcher16

maanlovesgeet17 Senior Member
maanlovesgeet17
maanlovesgeet17

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Hahahaha, Star one,
     Let me tell you something,
                 Do you know there is something called "The world is moving forward..."
      Back in the days when we didn't get any shows, we loved Saas- Bahu saga... But with the more talented writers we get something new, something called "youth based"--- something that we have never seen before. Saas- Bahu saga, repeats stuff over and over again and again. We as a viewer already know what's gonna happen in the show.
   Instead of those shows, we watch the youth based show coz those are new shows, the idea that we have never seen before. All you care about is TRPs TRPs TRPs,  you want to change it to saas bahu saga soo grandparents, parents will watch the show and the TRPs will increase. but let me tell u something...
   Nope, it won't... it will even decrease the trps coz the audiences that are watching the shows will never watch yr channel again. For ex--- after the end of Kis desh mein hai mera dil.. i have never seen Star Plus show, coz i hate star plus for making it end. After Geet ends, i will never want to watch Star one too.
 And talking about Zee tv and Colors... NO ONE WATCHES THAT CHANNEL!!!!
  coz those channel are freaking stupid and all they create is drama that no one is interested in. For ex- Sanskar Laxmi, i watched few episodes of it just for vivan bhatena, after few episodes, i realized, it's not worth watching.
Same with Choti Bahu... i don't know why there is part 2 to it.. we don't like those kind of shows.
 WE LOVE YOUTH BASED SHOWS!!
 Don't u see how popular those shows are.. Geet and Kitani mohabbat hai.

Do u know there is something called Internet too... You can see how popular those shows are... Not only TV but there is something called Internet where u can see how popular those shows are... (not only trps count)
At the beginning i used the quote "The world is moving forward" and u guys are stuck in the same stuff. Move on channel, move on, move forward, move on with the time, if youths love this show then accept the fact!!

Edited by maanlovesgeet17 - 21 May 2011 at 12:43pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zaaratq

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rdfan

Just having a backdrop as a college and turning it into the same kind of story is not really being different ...if just being set in a college or a hospital ...and then having the same triangles and angles ...and same kind of situations which main GEC's have in more family kind of environment is not being different in my opinion but if that enuf is a criterion for being different then so be it ...i am no one to complain or feel bothered about it ...and wud rather prefer a rural show which sticks to its story than a college based show which has nothing to do with the  college or where the so called youth has nothing identifiable

Their primary audience is a young audience- if they want to watch and reward romance and bickering- we cant do anything about it.  DLMH is again a political saga- while there is romance- there is ample movement on the theme.

I still think DMG, MJHT and GHSAP are different from the 100s of overdressed women slaving over a stove and chopping vegetables day in day out and dying a slow death due to their self sacrificial nature. 

I havent come across any show which has stuck to its story in the last one year in which I have been trying to widen the base of hindi GEC shows that I watch. If you have recommendations of rural shows that are true to their story- I would be happy to watch!

serialwatcher16

SaynaFM IF-Sizzlerz
SaynaFM
SaynaFM

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Thanx for the links Smile
maanlovesgeet17 Senior Member
maanlovesgeet17
maanlovesgeet17

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

As the critics of the show say that they are badly produced, poorly written, and reliant on ludicrous plot  which does not satisfy the audience. Would I still want to watch the show under such circumstances, or I rather they move on to something bigger and better.

[/QUOTE]

THAT IS WHY I WANT NISSAR AND SWATI BACK!!!
-RD- Moderator
-RD-
-RD-

The Ghamgeen Head

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

Their primary audience is a young audience- if they want to watch and reward romance and bickering- we cant do anything about it.  DLMH is again a political saga- while there is romance- there is ample movement on the theme.

I still think DMG, MJHT and GHSAP are different from the 100s of overdressed women slaving over a stove and chopping vegetables day in day out and dying a slow death due to their self sacrificial nature. 

I havent come across any show which has stuck to its story in the last one year in which I have been trying to widen the base of hindi GEC shows that I watch. If you have recommendations of rural shows that are true to their story- I would be happy to watch!

Sorry Shrads but i have no recommendations cause i dont watch any of the shows ...I use to watch Star one in its initial days and ever since it brought in soaps i was over it ...i came back to watching indian shows with SGP and Geet    while i just saw a single epi in a week of the shows i did updates for  ... ...they all seem the same to me  after a point like stuck in a loop and there fore i leave them ...they dont seem to interest me ...i prefer to watch something that has content ...and the content is delivered from start to finish in a limited time LOL...for me backdrops and all dont matter as long as the story is interesting and has content to it ...or if nothing else it shud entertain

Edited by rdfan - 21 May 2011 at 12:56pm

serialwatcher16

THEseema1994 Senior Member
THEseema1994
THEseema1994

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
I really want, Nissar back. :(

Go to top