Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Save our show..We need TRP..Petition Added:ImpInfo Pg25 - Page 10

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: rdfan

Just having a backdrop as a college and turning it into the same kind of story is not really being different ...if just being set in a college or a hospital ...and then having the same triangles and angles ...and same kind of situations which main GEC's have in more family kind of environment is not being different in my opinion but if that enuf is a criterion for being different then so be it ...i am no one to complain or feel bothered about it ...and wud rather prefer a rural show which sticks to its story than a college based show which has nothing to do with the  college or where the so called youth has nothing identifiable

Their primary audience is a young audience- if they want to watch and reward romance and bickering- we cant do anything about it.  DLMH is again a political saga- while there is romance- there is ample movement on the theme.

I still think DMG, MJHT and GHSAP are different from the 100s of overdressed women slaving over a stove and chopping vegetables day in day out and dying a slow death due to their self sacrificial nature. 

I havent come across any show which has stuck to its story in the last one year in which I have been trying to widen the base of hindi GEC shows that I watch. If you have recommendations of rural shows that are true to their story- I would be happy to watch!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maanlovesgeet17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

As the critics of the show say that they are badly produced, poorly written, and reliant on ludicrous plot  which does not satisfy the audience. Would I still want to watch the show under such circumstances, or I rather they move on to something bigger and better.

[/QUOTE]

THAT IS WHY I WANT NISSAR AND SWATI BACK!!!
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: -pixie-

Their primary audience is a young audience- if they want to watch and reward romance and bickering- we cant do anything about it.  DLMH is again a political saga- while there is romance- there is ample movement on the theme.

I still think DMG, MJHT and GHSAP are different from the 100s of overdressed women slaving over a stove and chopping vegetables day in day out and dying a slow death due to their self sacrificial nature. 

I havent come across any show which has stuck to its story in the last one year in which I have been trying to widen the base of hindi GEC shows that I watch. If you have recommendations of rural shows that are true to their story- I would be happy to watch!

Sorry Shrads but i have no recommendations cause i dont watch any of the shows ...I use to watch Star one in its initial days and ever since it brought in soaps i was over it ...i came back to watching indian shows with SGP and Geet    while i just saw a single epi in a week of the shows i did updates for  ... ...they all seem the same to me  after a point like stuck in a loop and there fore i leave them ...they dont seem to interest me ...i prefer to watch something that has content ...and the content is delivered from start to finish in a limited time 😆...for me backdrops and all dont matter as long as the story is interesting and has content to it ...or if nothing else it shud entertain

Edited by rdfan - 12 years ago
shonuu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Pooja, you're right everyone has a  different definition of  the term "different" again i will agree with you that most of the shows start with something and end up truing into something else, and later on every show looks the same,, but i guess starone shows never show such deviations,, like a teen love story ends up as saas-bahu saga, where main lead  is more bothered to get her nanand justice  after being raped, or trying to save her devrani ka suhaag from some nachne wali, or revealing about Jethani's fake pregnancy  more than her own issues ,  majority of starone shows give a light continental flavour as compared to spicy saas-bahu serials.. and as far as cliched tracks like triangles milna bichadra are concerned , then after a point every show runs short of ideas, so playing cliched track with a different treatment is not a bad idea,, but its not true that these youth shows get transformed completely to saas-bahu sagas,,
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
@Shonuu- I wud agree with u and i myself said in my earlier post that Star One is different in a limited way ...though on yr thing of running short of ideas then i think its best to shut shop ...than just look like another show...I know hard core fans wud disagree ...but then once the best ir over its better to say gud bye ...and believe me if this show goes on  and Devini happens then u will see Dadima and Geet n Nandini  involved in typical kitchen politics at some point
Edited by rdfan - 12 years ago
adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
star one again struck with revamp nonsense...

wen will they learn their lesson...they lost all the loyal viewers of DMG wen they removed all the old cast and brought in a new group of actors...even KW's remix popularity cud not hold the TRP that KSG cud give to the show...they even tried with bringing back KSG but that did not work...
then again they did the same thing with MJHT...they showed some stupid sa accident...killed one of the most popular character of the lot...nupur...and brought in new set of actors...and wat hapnd next is history...the show went downhill faster than lightning...they even had to bring back the character nupur but by that time it was too late...

DMG, MJHT...were two most popular shows on star one and because of their wrong decisions they lost the TRP...
again they did the same mistake with GHSP...this entire amritsar track was a completely flop idea...we love maan in MSK avatar...as sardarji he luks cute but cant beat the popularity of MSK...

maneet romance is the main attraction of the show...and now this hide-n-seek romance between maneet that too wen they r married is just too hard to digest...
i hope they end this track soon and bring back the youthful essence thru the office track...they will regain their lost TRP...

as for countrywide TRP...for that they need to spread the wings of star one all over india...many places cant view the channel on tv...once the channel can reach every corner of india...TRPs will get a huge boost since youth shows hv a great appeal to the viewers of all ages...

My request to the channel is to stop experimenting and concentrate on working for the betterment of shows that give the channel so much popularity...
I have emailed all the contacts! 

maneet_forever9 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thank you sooo much for the info !!!!! ... first i was like this ðŸ˜­ NOW im like this ðŸ˜¡ ---- email EVERYONE AND SIGNING THE PETITION A MILLION TIMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😡
Geetseason2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ok till date there is only one thing which I have done is point out points which can make the show Geet better.

A message to StarOne: There is a concept in marketing called "niche" market..

Geet for you is "niche" which means,you have the monopoly only till Geet is on your channel,in short till Maaneet are there on your channel.

With other channels coming up with trial and error formats and no substantial sucess you have had the success only becoz of "Maaneet" and "Dashmeet".

Trust me the day you let go Gurmeet and Drashti from your channel,it wud be similar to Indian cricket team letting go 'Sachin" and "Mahendra Singh Dhoni' to play and score for some other team.

Ending Geet wud literally ensure the end of your channel in worst possible manner and how I will tell you later.

Mark my words:

Be different if you are different only then you will survive.

Why your trp's went down?

Well for other shows I cant comment but for Geet here r the reasons:

1) You showed immense promise and built expectations among fans before Maaneet wedding...

2) AA track during Maaneet wedding was suicidal

3) TRP's went down due to pathetic job by writers.

Amongst all this if any one has saved ur show it is "Maaneet"..even if you bring in other shows...you wont be getting "Brand Maaneet" or "Brand Drashmeet" and even if you get one it wud take atleast 3 months to create such couples and I can challenge you,still they wont be as good as Drashmeet.

So...think again and if you want answer in marketing terms then...

"Maaneet " is a brand..you dont let your brand go away for others who are already waiting for them to get free...can grab them and use them...

Use your asset and respect ti.

Respect Drashti and Gurmeet and their association with you.
Geetseason2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Its now been heard that a new set of TV soaps would come in andalso would come in Gujrati theme serials.

"Geet" was different and is different mainly due to Maaneet,hence to save Maaneet and avoid Geet from ending,we fans have to try our best to inform the makers how much do we love Geet.

Following things are needed to followed religiously:

1) Watch Geet only on StarOne and at 9.30 pm only since repeats dont count and certainly watching on internet wont help.

2) Petition to be signed to demand continuation of Geet: and not to end Geet:

https://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/geet

These two things are to be followed religiously...

Considering the new theme and flavour on which Star One has decided to base their new shows,I have written a storyline which is continuation of present Geet and was written keeping in mind "Geet Season 2".

Irrespective of whether you like the concept or not,unless you read the episodes and understand the treatment given to story telling you wont be able to relate to the concept.

Hence read the episodes and then give feedback.

No other fan has written a storyline which is continuation or is directly related to present Geet,I have written one with scope for 300 episodes atleast.

I am done with 230 episodes and can add 120 episodes more.

here are the links: If you ever like it do comment daily to keep the links fresh and even if you dont like it,still comment becoz changes can be done certainly.

Who knows,if makers have a story and a concept with more than 300 episodes planned and written taking into consideration Maaneet's image and the new theme of Star One..
makers might just think of continuing Geet and we can avoid Geet from ending.

Here are the links:

All Episodes of Geet Season 2:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1680877

The maximum I can do is take the hard copy to Mumbai and speak to writers and creative team which I will be soon doing it,the minimum you can do is sign the petition and also take the effort of understanding the treatment given to my storyline ...

It was first heard in March that Star One would be changing its strategy specially after the shows replacing Dil Mil Gaye and Mile Jab Hum Tum did not do well.

Good night as we shoudl be prepared to save and avoid Geet from ending so soon.

These are guidelines which you have to follow as soon as possible