Gulaal

How can Kesar love Gulaal so much?

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
I couldn't make a topic yesterday as I was out most of the day and I don't think I need to now either because so many you have written about the episode so beautifully. But out of habit, I have to say something ðŸ˜›

Yesterdays scenes were really a stab in the heart.  Kesar's pain and love for Gulaal was so transparent. The guy is willing to live with this unbearable anguish and hurt just so Gulaal stays with him. He would rather live in the unknown, if knowing will mean their seperation...  He would prefer to ignore what he heard 10 years ago than to go up to her and ask if its true. I know my topic asks how Kesar can love Gulaal so much but my real question is how can anyone love someone to this extent? He has all these doubts in his head that may make Gulaal someone completely different to how he has perceived  her since childhood but he would rather keep that 'image' than to see the reality.  In his mind, there is that growing insecurity of Gulaal and Dushyant's relationship and somewhere he also doubts whether Gulaal had anything to do with the murder of Vasant i.e. why else would she protect Dushyant? Despite that seed of doubt, he tries his best to ignore it because he puts Gulaal above everyone else. The guy is going through so much pain everyday and no-one even knows it  

Finally Gulaal got the hint! Kesar was hiding behind MotaBa's name at first but then his frustration got to him and he blurted out what he really meant to say 'Main nahin samjha, uska kya?'. Once again he was asserting his right over her. Does his opinion mean nothing to her? It was never about disregarding MotaBa's opinon because he eventually agreed with Gulaal anyway. It was Kesar's issue! He demands Gulaal for himself...! Then of course, Gulaal posed that question to him which left him speechless. Doesn't she always do that to him anyway? ðŸ˜›

P.S. I don't want this show to end :(
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Reema...That is a million dollar question?? How can one love someone sooo much...
The first scene as you described was perrrfect, Gulaal left him speechless as always...
The way he lost it when she kept on saying Motabha and everybody thinks Dushyant eligible and that Motabha is also convinced of the same...He just spits off the question that what about ME??? Main nahi samjha uska kya??? Damn the bacha is sooo hurt...
The way he stutters over Mein... and the way he is feeling so damned hurt that she thinks about all ...but not him...owww...
And Gulaal saw through it...and her question immediately turned his anger into a look of utter vulnerability...he looked so lost na????

And the last scene...*sigh* ...how he frantically searched for that letter...and the look on his face when he finds it..and reads what is already byhearted by him in those lonely nights in the boarding school...where such letters must be the only salvation that he had...
The look was of a drowning man finding an anchor...*sigh*
And the way he says that he is not afraid of anyone...he so wants to ask her ...an he will believe whatever she says...
The ultimate faith that he has in her...with everybody rooting against her...with his own eyes and memory going against her...he still has that supreme faith in her which wont be shaken...and he so knows. so knows that the question will blow everything apart...
even if Gulaal denies the whole thing...it wont be the same Gulaal...
And he is ready to undergo this heart ache and pain and heart break everyday rather than having her alienated from him...
He so craves for her...the child in him is still insecure ..and still hankers for that oasis called Gulaal...
He might be grown up..and before others he so is...but before Gulaal ...he will always be awed by her...humbled by her...such is the effect of the woman on him...*sigh* where do I find one like him😳
*Reemz* thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Srushti-

Reema...That is a million dollar question?? How can one love someone sooo much...
The first scene as you described was perrrfect, Gulaal left him speechless as always...
The way he lost it when she kept on saying Motabha and everybody thinks Dushyant eligible and that Motabha is also convinced of the same...He just spits off the question that what about ME??? Main nahi samjha uska kya??? Damn the bacha is sooo hurt...
The way he stutters over Mein... and the way he is feeling so damned hurt that she thinks about all ...but not him...owww...
And Gulaal saw through it...and her question immediately turned his anger into a look of utter vulnerability...he looked so lost na????

And the last scene...*sigh* ...how he frantically searched for that letter...and the look on his face when he finds it..and reads what is already byhearted by him in those lonely nights in the boarding school...where such letters must be the only salvation that he had...
The look was of a drowning man finding an anchor...*sigh*
And the way he says that he is not afraid of anyone...he so wants to ask her ...an he will believe whatever she says...
The ultimate faith that he has in her...with everybody rooting against her...with his own eyes and memory going against her...he still has that supreme faith in her which wont be shaken...and he so knows. so knows that the question will blow everything apart...
even if Gulaal denies the whole thing...it wont be the same Gulaal...
And he is ready to undergo this heart ache and pain and heart break everyday rather than having her alienated from him...
He so craves for her...the child in him is still insecure ..and still hankers for that oasis called Gulaal...
He might be grown up..and before others he so is...but before Gulaal ...he will always be awed by her...humbled by her...such is the effect of the woman on him...*sigh* where do I find one like him😳

He really craves her attention and he wants to be as important in her life as she is in his. It disturbs him to no end that his opinion doesn't matter to her. I remember you saying that Kesar wants that exclusivity with Gulaal.  If he got that from her then his insecurities would be at rest but not only did she disregard his opinion, she also gave Dushyant more importance (according to Kesar anyway).

He does have faith in her because of the love he has for her. Yet still he has that fear in him which could take her away from him :( It's eating him up :(
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Thats the question i think one asks after watching yesterdays episode, how much he loves her, so much deep it is and intense it is and has become... i would also call it unconditional love coz nothing has changed it despite knowing what he knows. - i watched the episode again, its funny and so true how you pick up on more things when you watch the episode or that scene again

Neil was so fab in that last scene, it was heart-wrenching to see Kesar in so much pain, more like torture

Those letters he has wrote in those 10 years after when he receives one of her letters, is him baring his soul - those letters are his soul that he holds dearly and for him its is his connection to Gulaal over the years...

We all know their bond, and see and feel it - so we could always imagine how much Kesar bears for Gulaal, yesterday we saw it  like you say he would rather go through all this then knowing that truth, the truth that he cant bear knowing but also would put a end to his worries (i found it surreal and so overwhelming also that he such faith in Gulaal that she will tell him the truth, she isnt the one to lie, whatever her answer will be, will be the truth), but her answer to what he is scared of knowing is what if there is something between D and Gul which is eating away at him (its breaks his heart when he keeps thinking of Durgesh's words), its more then just knowing D being the murderer of Vasant, I dont think Kesar can again go through being ripped away from her as he said he is scared of that, him knowing the truth will change how he holds Gulaal in his mind and heart and will have to force himself to be seperated from her
He holds Gulaal beyond everything, and she is his world and everything - and we see that his world starts with her and ends with her, and all i can say is what a beautiful aching love that is

If you watch he again asks why he hasnt been able to ask - obviously he does answer the question coz he is scared, but also coz he hasnt been able to understand why he cant bear to be apart from her, he hasnt fully realized he loves her more like IN love with her

Looks liked Gulaal has picked up that Kesar indeed has feelings are are deeper then she thought, that he is aware and cares for her respect and honour and for her generally the most, i dont think she is looking at the love aspect yet

Gulaal just gets Kesar, even thought she still doesnt know the full story and what is going on with him, and i can see it will totally break her when she finds out he knew all along and this is what he has lived with for the last 10 yrs and being away from her and so on

Precap - What's the bet that Talli will go running to Gulaal to cry or Gulaal sees her crying and so on

Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
Abhi4u thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It is more like Kesar has loved Gulaal. I admit that in spite of him not wanting to meet her, she has always written to him, always tried to meet him which he knows.
That poor guy is in so much pain. Yaar cant see him like this.I was so hoping that Gulaal would come back to talk it over with him and find him lying between those letters.

Damn it man, you cant love someone like this. And the best part is I dont understand the reason behind that bonding. She came in as Vasant's wife. He held Vasant in high esteem. He made friends with her and there wasn't any episode, I may be wrong here, to find a reason behind Kesar loving her so blindly and loving her and none else. Even as a child, he is not mailing his mother or anyone else. At least his mother. But what was the reason for this deep lying bond. Actually its more from Kesar's end than Gulaal because obviously she just finds him as Vasant's dream.

*Reemz* thumbnail
Neil is just...I have no words for him!! The way he cried in that scene made me feel every pain of the character. I noticed how in the final few frames, his hand was trembling. Brilliant touch! 

Kesar's love for Gulaal is too much for him to handle even. He needs that assurance that she is his. My heart sinks seeing him like that! As you said, its a beautiful aching love (which the die-hard romantic in me lives for). 

Gulaal is beginning to realize but even she doesn't know how deep these feelings actually run. If she did then I don't think any woman would want to reject love like this. I'm really curious to see how their scenes will be now. Have to hand it to the creatives for handling this graph so sensitively. They're not making a mess of Gulaal's feelings and everything being written is only solidifying the fact that these two are meant to be.
*Reemz* thumbnail
Originally posted by: Abhi4u

It is more like Kesar has loved Gulaal. I admit that in spite of him not wanting to meet her, she has always written to him, always tried to meet him which he knows.

That poor guy is in so much pain. Yaar cant see him like this.I was so hoping that Gulaal would come back to talk it over with him and find him lying between those letters.

Damn it man, you cant love someone like this. And the best part is I dont understand the reason behind that bonding. She came in as Vasant's wife. He held Vasant in high esteem. He made friends with her and there wasn't any episode, I may be wrong here, to find a reason behind Kesar loving her so blindly and loving her and none else. Even as a child, he is not mailing his mother or anyone else. At least his mother. But what was the reason for this deep lying bond. Actually its more from Kesar's end than Gulaal because obviously she just finds him as Vasant's dream.

I think the reason was the warmth he got from her. That dependence he got from her! There are some things you just can't explain but while the young Kesar would disobey everyone, he would only listen to Gulaal. Especially after Vasant's death, she was really there for him and vice versa! It's just a connection they've always had and for Kesar, she was like this woman who made him feel really special. I don't think Gulaal just treats him as Vasant's dream, they had their own connection which I can't really explain in words.
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Its sometimes hard to explain Kes-Gul bond to anyone esp as some ppl like us get it and has seen if from the very start and understood it, so to get that across is hard to put it in words to ppl who havent or dont see beyond, but Kes-Gul had their own bond which went beyond Vasant as well

Gulaal has kept Vasant's dreams alive and Kesar is one of them, that he grows up and is a successful man and so on

I am also curious to see how their scenes will be now, i am thinking that Kesar has to someway find out about him and Talli and how Gulaal wants it, and i think from Kesar's pov it will be like Gulaal is seperating herself from him, that she doesnt want him and so on

Yep, i have said before everything points to Gul-Kesar, and are meant to be for each other
-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: *Reemz*

He really craves her attention and he wants to be as important in her life as she is in his. It disturbs him to no end that his opinion doesn't matter to her. I remember you saying that Kesar wants that exclusivity with Gulaal.  If he got that from her then his insecurities would be at rest but not only did she disregard his opinion, she also gave Dushyant more importance (according to Kesar anyway).

He does have faith in her because of the love he has for her. Yet still he has that fear in him which could take her away from him :( It's eating him up :(

Yes, I still do maintain that he actually craves for the exclusiveness in the relation...He is possessive, he is still that child Kesar who threw tantrums and wanted Gulaal by himself...Like you said there was some unexplainable reason on why young Kesar used to listen to Gulaal...and nobody else...and especially after the Vasant Trauma, and the family almost destroyed, it was Gulaal who had kept him safe, he might not have understood the evils around him, but he did understand that the only good thing around him, at that point of time was Gulaal,...
And not to forget Gulaal's initial role of the water finder...he was so awed by her at that very point of time...it was then he had shed his childish animosity and extended his hand in friendship...
He will always look up to her...and for her she is his universe...his every step, every decision is dependent on her...you seee the decision to stay away for 10 years was only because of her...he didnot think of anybody else ..not paanba,,,not motabha..only Gulaal...the decision to take responsibility was also Gulaal...and so when she gave absolutely no thought to his wish (that is what he thought) he just errupted..and I think he felt sorry almost immediately and hence the scene with the letters...
that and the Raman scene...culminated into resurfacing of those insecurities and ghosts of Gulaal leaving him ...I think he does remember Gulaal being thrown out of the house in his subconscious mind...and that thing must have made a deep impact and hence these insecurities...
I dont know..I can go on rambling and rambling...but I guess I better stop right now😆

Edited by -Srushti- - 12 years ago
AnveshaAT thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
His only fear is Gulaal and him getting separated. If that assurance is given to him, probably he may gain confidence to clear his confusion