Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: rakni

@Dreamygal301 - Just glad that you did not shun my opinion - I appreciate that very much. On this forum I see posts where some people get downright offensive if the opinion does not match their own. One member even suggested that I must be really old to have such an "old" way of thinking 😲. I wonder how anyone can get so serious over a show!

Yes, you understand fully what I am talking about. Most people want cheap romance between a teenager and a mature woman. There was one post today that marvelled at how Kesar was looking at Gulaal's lips 🀣. That too in a drunken state. This guy Kesar has no sense of responsibility - leaves his best friend in the middle of the road, acts rudely with supposedly "The Woman" of his life, and gets drunk to be able to speak with Gulaal and he is supposed to be the right match for Gulaal - the selfless, caring, generous, and considerate adult? That is just a crazy idea. But then again, SP will probably do just that to raise the TRP and butcher the show.
I really would not want Gulaal to have anything with Dushyant either. It's one thing that she has forgiven him, but he is still a culprit. Gulaal should choose wisely. That's why I really want Vasant back so that  Gulaal finds her ideal match.
It will be really funny if Gulaal slaps him hard tomorrow 🀣
You see, commercial films make more money than art films for this reason - it's hard to find an audience that longs for real drama instead of "teenage romantic masala."

@ red, this show is not about older woman, young man romance - in fact, I think SP is making a show specifically about that that!..(Reemz, it's by Pearl Grey btwπŸ˜‰). The expectation came about because of the loyal viewers. As mentioned, I do watch the show but not for who is ending up with who, but more to see how Gulaal handles the challenges of her life. I'm a writer in life and I find the character's progression from a lovable romantic girl to a mature woman, more subdued now, almost afraid to open her heart again after unbearable agony of losing her soulmate, very fascinating. In that respect, I think the writers are doing a good job and hence my first post - I've not seen any signpost that hints at any romance (my subjective view) and so to suddenly have it, well, to me it would feel its forced or to please the masses. As a writer, it is our job to explore the unexpected from the obvious, not to give into cliched unless a fresh twist is added.

So to me this show is about a young woman, Gulaal and the people in her life, her relationship with them all, positive and negative, how she handles the burden life throws at her. She is human, makes mistakes and then tries to rectify them. She is more than a two dimensional character.
Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Most people want cheap romance??? What a conclusion to make πŸ˜•  And a very unfair one. I want romance between them and from no angle can their relationship make any scene cheap. I don't understand why we have to be so judgemental about people enjoying a love story like this when its there for us to watch πŸ˜• This is NO teenage romantic show, it's a bold and unconventional love story. If people want to enjoy that then let them instead of tagging them as lovers of cheap romance because a lot of these people have been following this show before the leap too where there was no scope for romance but even then we really appreciated the connection GK had.

@ blue, I loved the young kesar- gulaal scenes. Nearly cried when he had to leave.
Dreamygal301 thumbnail

Hey! I didn't know you watched this show too :P And yep, you've guessed right!! Hamara Baba!

LOL, my basic point is that it is supposed to be a love story between a young man and a mature woman. Gulaal isn't going to suddenly have romantic feelings for him but she does have very strong emotions for him which can translate in to something more because as Kesar said, her world used to revolve around him once upon a time. They were exclusive to each other which is why they're so different.

Yep, baba it is.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

I don't come onto IF anymore these days, busy with work. Though I watch the shows, the UK telecast, which is a week behind the India telecast.

Oh yes, her world used to revolve around Kesar, though my interpretation is different and I'll leave it for the moment.πŸ˜‰

Really nice to see you Reemz, guess you don't follow P anymore?😊
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Yeh I read the article about Pearl Grey's new show. Not sure if I'll watch any SP show if Gulaal ends because it's very different from the other 2D shows on-air. There's always something deep in every scene which I doubt I'll see in another Indian show.

I know what's roughly happening in Pratigya but it's just lost the spark for me :( It's become like the shows that used to air in the early 2000s! Too saas-bahuish!

It's very nice to see you here too! I hope you soon see GK how myself and a lot of others do ;)
Dreamygal301 thumbnail

Yeh I read the article about Pearl Grey's new show. Not sure if I'll watch any SP show if Gulaal ends because it's very different from the other 2D shows on-air. There's always something deep in every scene which I doubt I'll see in another Indian show.

I know what's roughly happening in Pratigya but it's just lost the spark for me :( It's become like the shows that used to air in the early 2000s! Too saas-bahuish!

It's very nice to see you here too! I hope you soon see GK how myself and a lot of others do ;)

@ red, hmm looks like that's the way it's going though I think back to many of the unexpected tracks before and so think maybe this will be the same as well!πŸ˜†

@ blue, maybe, though I never watched it for the romance😊. I find it hard to switch of my 'writer' side when I watch shows, especially Indian shows. I find it fascinating (the shows in general, not any specific one) how the Cvs can drag on one track ad neaseum! I mean you can go on a holiday and come back and watch without worrying about not understanding what's going on coz it's still the same story!

That is one good thing about Gulaal, I honestly can't recall them dragging a track until it's dead beyond any life!
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I wouldn't say I watch it for romance. I watch it for 'Gulaal-Kesar', I adored their bond so much before the leap and even now it's being developed beautifully. Their whole relationship brings up so many debates that it's just interesting to see how their story will unfold.
winterdusk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

i dont think this is a tennage romance but the most mature subtle and deep romance i have ever seen...gulaal and kesar are mature enough to take their decision whts wrong if they fall for each other...even in ek chaddar maili si rano and mangal leaded a husband and wife relation later...though mangal was a baby infront of her...still they developed romantic feeling...the novel is classic and appreciated worldwide...bottomline is that everyone has right to love before falling into relations every one is human an individual who can love be loved can follow his/her heart...love has no boundaries no limits no age gap ...love is something to feel and if two ppl feels it should be respceted

rakni thumbnail
@Reemz - Sorry, by cheap romance I didn't mean to hint at the taste. I meant the usual romance of StartTV - eye locking for 5 minutes, fixing the clothes, stitching the buttons, falling off the ladder πŸ˜† scene, like back in the days of Kasam Se ( I remember we used to be very active on the KS forum).
I absolutely LOVED the KesGul bond before the leap - I loved their relationship, love, affection, bond, trust, faith and obsession with each other. But, I really dislike the romantic angle of this relationship - that's all. I guess I am still not ready to accept Kesar as G's partner.