Gulaal
Gulaal

All you Kes-Guls! (Page 4)

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

I think Gulaal is the last show which will try to please any set of people. Today's scene wasn't sudden either, it was impending and the passion was always there in GK's relationship, from Kesar's side anyway. He is childish but he cares for her a lot, like a man would for a woman. This isn't no ordinary story and nor are they an ordinary couple so maybe they won't please the masses. Plus I can name a few other male protagonists who resort to childish ways to get their love but they're still popular Tongue

I won't get to the 'mother' aspect again because I can't be bothered to go round explaining it again but GK were meant to be the main couple since Day 1 so nothing is sudden with these two. Frankly, I feel their graph till now has been handled so beautifully and see how their story was progressing, scenes like todays were bound to happen.

Hi Reemz,

wow, didn't know you follow this show.

Hope your prediction comes true.Big smile

Hmm, think I know who you are talking about @ red.WinkLOLLOL

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Hey! I didn't know you watched this show too :P And yep, you've guessed right!! Hamara Baba!

LOL, my basic point is that it is supposed to be a love story between a young man and a mature woman. Gulaal isn't going to suddenly have romantic feelings for him but she does have very strong emotions for him which can translate in to something more because as Kesar said, her world used to revolve around him once upon a time. They were exclusive to each other which is why they're so different.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

love-water

rakni Senior Member
rakni
rakni

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
@Dreamygal301 - Just glad that you did not shun my opinion - I appreciate that very much. On this forum I see posts where some people get downright offensive if the opinion does not match their own. One member even suggested that I must be really old to have such an "old" way of thinking Shocked. I wonder how anyone can get so serious over a show!
Yes, you understand fully what I am talking about. Most people want cheap romance between a teenager and a mature woman. There was one post today that marvelled at how Kesar was looking at Gulaal's lips ROFL. That too in a drunken state. This guy Kesar has no sense of responsibility - leaves his best friend in the middle of the road, acts rudely with supposedly "The Woman" of his life, and gets drunk to be able to speak with Gulaal and he is supposed to be the right match for Gulaal - the selfless, caring, generous, and considerate adult? That is just a crazy idea. But then again, SP will probably do just that to raise the TRP and butcher the show.
I really would not want Gulaal to have anything with Dushyant either. It's one thing that she has forgiven him, but he is still a culprit. Gulaal should choose wisely. That's why I really want Vasant back so that  Gulaal finds her ideal match.
It will be really funny if Gulaal slaps him hard tomorrow ROFL
You see, commercial films make more money than art films for this reason - it's hard to find an audience that longs for real drama instead of "teenage romantic masala."
*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Most people want cheap romance??? What a conclusion to make Confused  And a very unfair one. I want romance between them and from no angle can their relationship make any scene cheap. I don't understand why we have to be so judgemental about people enjoying a love story like this when its there for us to watch Confused This is NO teenage romantic show, it's a bold and unconventional love story. If people want to enjoy that then let them instead of tagging them as lovers of cheap romance because a lot of these people have been following this show before the leap too where there was no scope for romance but even then we really appreciated the connection GK had.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Abhi4ulove-water

love-water Goldie
love-water
love-water

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:06am | IP Logged
@rakni-

Owo you seems like obsessed with this program. You are down to earth to make kess & tallis relationship to work. I have read all the post, you saying other should not get serious, but it seems like you are at the top with that thought.

Kes talli relationship- usual teen age drama! Which is not in this case. It's deep emotion! If you want to enjoy this type of show, star one is all there for you! Unless you are too old as some one pointed out.

Kes gul- perfect for the show & time slot at the same time gaining TRP, which shows how interesting there chemistry might be.
For a women to be older then the man, nothing new. It happens. Then I so no reason why it's hard to digest. If you want logic behind this, go & read other post. You will find answer.

Romantic- it did not come so sudden. This program not about romance understanding the deep emotion. Like someone reads a novel! We are basiclly watching. analysing, I guess you have to think outside of the box. The writer trying to show something different, & like riz Have suggested it was there from day 1. They gave us enough clue, even the day kesar came back. Nothing happened suddenly.

- we are not basing, basically giving you points. If you get offended by some one calling you old, some one suggesting & giving you point, more like logic, you have no right to tell others to get serious! BCs you your self showing the same attitude, so it's natural for any other to come out the same.

Edited by love-water - 24 May 2011 at 2:07am

FireSafireFiree

Abhi4u Groupbie
Abhi4u
Abhi4u

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Kesar was no way looking at Gulaal's lips. He was looking straight deep down into her eyes. Kesar is not the conventional goodness personified hero. He has his own flaws. Thats why it will be different to see Kesar and Gulaal together. Their relationship is not sudden.  When Gulaal first visits Talsagra, Paanba talks about her Deeyarvattu to Motabha.The story was always headed to Gulaal's Deeyarvattu.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FireSafireFireeIncense

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rakni

@Dreamygal301 - Just glad that you did not shun my opinion - I appreciate that very much. On this forum I see posts where some people get downright offensive if the opinion does not match their own. One member even suggested that I must be really old to have such an "old" way of thinking Shocked. I wonder how anyone can get so serious over a show!
Yes, you understand fully what I am talking about. Most people want cheap romance between a teenager and a mature woman. There was one post today that marvelled at how Kesar was looking at Gulaal's lips ROFL. That too in a drunken state. This guy Kesar has no sense of responsibility - leaves his best friend in the middle of the road, acts rudely with supposedly "The Woman" of his life, and gets drunk to be able to speak with Gulaal and he is supposed to be the right match for Gulaal - the selfless, caring, generous, and considerate adult? That is just a crazy idea. But then again, SP will probably do just that to raise the TRP and butcher the show.
I really would not want Gulaal to have anything with Dushyant either. It's one thing that she has forgiven him, but he is still a culprit. Gulaal should choose wisely. That's why I really want Vasant back so that  Gulaal finds her ideal match.
It will be really funny if Gulaal slaps him hard tomorrow ROFL
You see, commercial films make more money than art films for this reason - it's hard to find an audience that longs for real drama instead of "teenage romantic masala."

@ red, this show is not about older woman, young man romance - in fact, I think SP is making a show specifically about that that!..(Reemz, it's by Pearl Grey btwWink). The expectation came about because of the loyal viewers. As mentioned, I do watch the show but not for who is ending up with who, but more to see how Gulaal handles the challenges of her life. I'm a writer in life and I find the character's progression from a lovable romantic girl to a mature woman, more subdued now, almost afraid to open her heart again after unbearable agony of losing her soulmate, very fascinating. In that respect, I think the writers are doing a good job and hence my first post - I've not seen any signpost that hints at any romance (my subjective view) and so to suddenly have it, well, to me it would feel its forced or to please the masses. As a writer, it is our job to explore the unexpected from the obvious, not to give into cliched unless a fresh twist is added.

So to me this show is about a young woman, Gulaal and the people in her life, her relationship with them all, positive and negative, how she handles the burden life throws at her. She is human, makes mistakes and then tries to rectify them. She is more than a two dimensional character.
Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Most people want cheap romance??? What a conclusion to make Confused  And a very unfair one. I want romance between them and from no angle can their relationship make any scene cheap. I don't understand why we have to be so judgemental about people enjoying a love story like this when its there for us to watch Confused This is NO teenage romantic show, it's a bold and unconventional love story. If people want to enjoy that then let them instead of tagging them as lovers of cheap romance because a lot of these people have been following this show before the leap too where there was no scope for romance but even then we really appreciated the connection GK had.

@ blue, I loved the young kesar- gulaal scenes. Nearly cried when he had to leave.Ouch

*Reemz*

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gulaal Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index