A love affair with GHSP!

Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Disclaimer - This is a mere piece of fiction. The character featured is not real. Not even the writer is real. The only part that is real is GHSP!

Okay, let me admit it, I have been having an affair. I have been cheating on my family and friends. I spend most of my waking moments thinking of my object of desire and my dreams are not spared either. My life has been restructured to revolve around this affair. Yes, I am not ashamed to admit it, today I live, breathe, eat and sleep GHSP.

People have been telling me for sometime now that I need to kick the habit. They tell me that a silly soap cannot become a burning obsession. They tell me that I have so much more to live for. They even try to point out flaws in my object of desire.

No matter, for they are just an envying lot who cannot appreciate the intensity of my love. They don't have a clue about the peaks of pleasure my love has helped me scale. So what if it is virtual, pleasure is pleasure after all. So, despite much opposition, my love affair continues to rage like a forest fire!!

I have fought many a battle in defence of my love. More often than not, the enemies have been family and friends. Have rolled up my sleeves and got down to the virtual battle space too, all in the name of my love. My razor sharp tongue and my knife like pen ( a mouse is virtually a pen, isn't it) have spared none. I have received quite a few cuts and thrusts too but I wear my battle scars proudly. Anything in the defence of my beloved, I say.

Yet, of late, there is this one enemy that I have been struggling to fight. One enemy whose voice I have been trying to quell, to no avail. I have tried every trick in the book and yet this opponent will not go away. In common parlance, this enemy is called reason and the bitter truth is this enemy is part of me. In fact, reason informs me that it has been part of me always; just that, for a time, it was lulled to sleep by my drugging passion. Having woken up now, it refuses to go back to sleep.

Reason has been persisting with a few uncomfortable questions of late - probing, incisive questions that often leave me in a cold sweat, trying desperately hard to come up with convincing answers. Not that I am going down without a fight. I am giving back as good as I get. I keep coming up with answers much like a conjurer pulling rabbits out of a hat! I am clutching at any and every straw for I know not which weapon will be most effective in silencing reason. In the process, I have suffered heavy losses - my beliefs, my perceptions and my values have gone down the drain. I have willingly sacrificed my moral fibre in my fight to defend my love. I have even gone to the extent of belittling this object of my desire in my fight to survive reason. I have called it a mere show! But I know my love will not take offence- for all is fair in love and war. My love knows what it means to me.

I will continue to soldier on in the name of my love. I shall spare none in my fight to defend it. I might kill my reason for my love but I shall not let reason kill it. And when I pass on, which I will if and when my love comes to an end, all that I request is that my epitah reads as follows - 'GHSP was my reason'!!
Edited by janvis70 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasw thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Bravo, janvis70! 👏

I would say welcome aboard! 😃

I must confess one thing, these days I'm liking this forum very much as I am getting an opportunity to read intelligent,  interesting and hilarious posts. The lacklustre episodes have given birth to numerous brilliant posts. 😊