India-Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

curiosity strikes again

stranger11 Goldie
stranger11
stranger11

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
As this seriel focuses alot on the hindu and Sikh religions...and i'm always interested in learning abt different religions...so i was wondering cuz i have seen in many serials that when they show a Sikh family or one that goes to the Gurdwara..they also have the Elephant god i think called Ganpati around so isn;t that a hindu god
So i was wondering whether Sikhism and hinduism are interconnected in some ways or are they completely seperate...or thr are different sects of Sikhism

john909 Goldie
john909
john909

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
dont try to understand religions from these tv shows.. have you heard of a tv show called geet hui sabse parayi? that is a classic show for proving my point here. that show has a hindu style wedding, lead actors go to gurdwaras but celebrate karvachauth and put sindoor. this is just one thing from that show. my point is that all these shows do not stick to one religion. just to make the show more grand they mix match different religions

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

taani_20ALUJNA21snowflake.

stranger11 Goldie
stranger11
stranger11

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:59am | IP Logged
noramlly i would never try to understand something like Religion from the shows...but because i was watching this which shows this serious segregation between the Hindus and the Sikhs and then i watch KMH2 and they mixed it up so i was just interested...of course if i would like to study it in a serious sense i wouldn try more authentic sources...
Yeh i used to watch Geet as well...and was always confused abt wtt these ppl follow

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index