Posted: 12 years ago
Heyyy fozii dear when u updatinggg :) xx
pushpi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
When are you updating next?

Chapter 15 - Optimism

"What? Your family tell you to get married & you decide not to fight for the one thing that's rightfully yours?" Maan was beginning to lose his temper.

Geet looked away. "You don't understand."

"No, you're right, I don't. Why are you so afraid to stand up for yourself? Why can't you leave your family behind?"

"Leave them behind? Do you even know what that would mean? I'd be shut out, cut off from all ties."

"That would be a good thing because they treat you like an animal!"

"They're my family! They brought me up, gave me a roof over my heads, food in my mouth when my parents died. I owe them everything."

"It's not like they did you a favour, they're your flesh & blood. It's their right to, you owe them nothing."

"I owe it to them. I have to respect & obey them."

"They have no respect for you, for the fact that you're a human being & not someone they can use & abuse when they wish."

"I can't go behind their backs. I can't say anything against their wishes. I can't just leave them behind. You make it sound so easy, but everything is easy in your book, isn't it? I'm not cutting myself off from the one place, the one house that makes me feel close to my parents. And Rajji, how can I just leave her? She's the only person who actually makes me feel like I'm worth something. I won't be selfish & just disappear without a trace for my own purposes."

"I can't believe you're falling for the poison they're injecting into your mind,"
Maan scoffed.

"Poison?"

"All this rubbish, this nonsense, this worthless crap about how you must respect & obey them, even when you're not happy with their decisions about your life. Your parents wouldn't want to see you like this."

"Don't emotionally blackmail me."

"But they wouldn't, would they? Your mother & your father wouldn't want to see you in this position."

"You know nothing about them."

"You know nothing about Dev, yet that night you convinced me to not feel guilty for his death."

Geet was silenced as Maan pinned her with a challenging look.

"Leave me alone,"
she said quietly as she turned to walk away, but Maan grabbed her wrist, stopping her in her tracks. She didn't dare to look back at him.

"No," he said firmly.

"You can't force me to fight for my land. Whether I want it or not has nothing to do with you. You're welcome to it if you wish."

"I promised your family I'd get you your land. I'm not going back on my word."

Geet angrily turned back, prised Maan's fingers away from her wrist & stalked off as fast as she could. She turned the corner & leant against the wall, closing her eyes to fight back the tears.

Pushing him away was the last thing she wanted to do, but she had received a cold slap from reality across her face last night. If there was any way she wanted to escape the fearful wrath of her family, she would have to do as they said. She would have to stay away from Maan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He punched the wooden plank once more, this time his fists completely bare.

"I'm such a goddamn idiot," he said through gritted teeth as his left fist slammed into the plank. He ignored the pain.

"Thinking I could help her. She's so hung up on her family values that she doesn't see her life is being ruined. I can't stand back & let her family control her. I can't stand back and watch her get married-"

He slapped the plank off the wall it was hanging on, running his fingers through his hair.

"The stupid girl. Making me think I could get over the past. Making me think there was something brighter, that she offered me something brighter."

He looked down at his bleeding, bruised fists.

"Making me think she could heal my pain. Who does she think she is? Why doesn't she want to break free from her cycle, why is she willing to remain trapped in the claws of her so called family? A family who tortures her."

He sank down into the wooden chair, running a hand over his face.

"But I can't walk away from her. I can't let her do this. I don't care what she says, I'm going to fight for her, even if she doesn't want to fight for herself."

Maan's phone started ringing. He looked at the caller ID - Vicky. He hit the reject button, & headed for the bathroom.

"I'm paying you a fortune for this."

Maan sat in Munshi's office, opposite his desk, a look of pure annoyance on his face. Munshi fiddled with his pen nervously, truly terrified of the angry young man sat before him.

"What do you mean, it's near impossible?"

"Sir, Miss Handa has stated that she has no interest in the land. If she doesn't come forward, how do you expect me to have it signed in her name?"

"I'm fighting on her behalf."

"But you're not a lawyer."

Maan slammed his fist on the desk, making Munshi jump.

"I don't have time for your nonsense!" he roared. "I am perfectly aware of the fact that I'm not a lawyer! I pay you, just do as I say!"

"Sir, I apologise, I didn't mean to anger you."

"Then find a way to get the work done."

"We'd need her signatures. And Mr Handa's. This is why I'm telling you it's impossible."

"How much more money do you want?" Maan asked, his hand reaching for his pocket.

"It's not a matter of the money, sir. You could pay me a million but-"

"What if her signatures are forged?"

"Forged?"

"Yes, forged. I'm presuming you know what they mean."

"Yes, of course, but-"

Maan shoved a wad of cash towards Munshi. "Arrange for someone to visit the Handa household. He needs to get Darjee and Geet's- I mean, Miss Handa's signatures somehow. Inform me immediately once that's done."

"But Maan sir-"

"I don't want any buts. This needs to be done as soon as possible."

He got up & walked out of Munshi's small office.

After a long & tiring day at college, Geet & Rajji were walking home. Rajji noticed her sister had been subdued throughout the whole day.

"Geet di, you've been so quiet, is everything ok?"

Geet feigned a smile & nodded. "I'm just tired," she lied, her thoughts wandering back to her conversation earlier with Maan.

The rest of the journey was in unusual silence. Rajji decided not to press Geet further on the topic, she'd ask her later.

However, when they reached near their house, Rajji noticed a strange car parked outside their house.

"Di, whose car is that?" she asked, nudging Geet. Geet looked up to see a white car parked outside their gates.

"I don't know," she said admittedly. They picked up their pace, eager to see who it was inside the house. Geet sadly knew it wasn't Maan - he had a black jeep, & he wouldn't come near the house after she had told him to leave her alone.

They were stopped in the entrance to the house - Tayyi-ji appeared before them, putting Geet's dupatta on her head.

"Maa, what are you doing?" Rajji asked.

"Hush,"
she whispered, taking Geet's bag off her. "Rajji, you go upstairs, quickly & quietly. Geet, follow me."

Geet walked behind Tayyi-ji, her heart unusually beating fast. She had a terrible feeling that something bad was about to happen, but she couldn't figure out what.

When she finally reached the main living area, her jaw almost dropped in horror. There, right before her, sat a family she had never seen before - a man, woman and a young boy, who only looked a few years older than her.

Opposite them were her own family - a happy Darjee, an elated Brij & a disappointed Uncle-ji.

Upon seeing Geet, Darjee beckoned towards her & smiled.

"Here is your future daugher in law, Geet," he said proudly.

Precap: "I need him here."

It's getting intense now!

Ritzy09 wanted to know why Geet couldn't just run off & marry Maan - I hope Geet's justification to Maan for her actions explained that part!

sweetysumaiya asked why the title is called Midnight Sun - I'm sure I mentioned the reasoning behind this in a chapter from Maan's POV, but it's basically how both of them are the sun to each other's midnight - the light in each other's darkness.

I didn't receive as many likes & comments for Chapter 14 as I usually do which was a little discouraging. It takes a lot of effort to update, & I really do appreciate all the likes & comments that I get.

HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON!
Long comments preferable 😊 But any comments are welcome, of course 😃

Chapter 16 - Pillar
Edited by walkintomylifex - 12 years ago
ninand thumbnail
So Maan is hell-bent on fighting for her⭐️.. super..though understand Geets pov and where shes coming from as well.. cant expect her to just ignore her family , sever ties with them and fight them.. its not as easy as righteous it may sound.

Jeez.. her family is nothing if not persistent, sneaky and greedy. Glad to know Maan is resolute enuff to do away with his own principles here to deal with them.. 

SO is she going to send Rajji or someone to call Maan😳 .. ohyes.. this is going to be intense.. cant wait for the next part.
Edited by ninand - 12 years ago
AH i wsh geet understood that she is being treated like scum in her family
LOVE the fact that maan is not giving up on her and wants to fight for her <3
omggg the precap is exciting me!!!!!!
ahh cant wait for the next part
continue soon
fab job fozii as usual <3
mwahh
xx

Edited by Maaneet.Lover - 12 years ago
TinkJia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

maan is going to get his girl even if she says no.

I feel so sorry for Geet why doesn't she understand that she is being abused and there is nothing that she is suppose to owe to her family, cuz they make her work like hell and they also took her land.
I wish Maan could encourage Geet to run away with him buhh i am sure Geet wouldn't

Awesome Update⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Update soon

~Jessica
Dilsay thumbnail
Thanks for the Pm and lovely update..
Maan should kidnap Geet...
he should get his love by hook or crook..
continue soon