Maan & Geet - Midnight Sun - Page 52

Posted: 12 years ago
loved the update...
argh...i hate this tayiji and brij...
bechari patha nahin kab iske saare prob solve hongey...
pl cont soon...
awesome update
really enjoyed it
man i cant explain how much i hate geets elders 😡
except for her uncle and raji of course...
they both are sweet 😳
i hope that guy doesnt spill that he saw geet that night
or else im not sure what kinda hell geet will go through 😕
looking forward to the next part
cont soon please
thanks for the pm!! :D
hey
gr8 part..
cont,sooon

thanks for pm dear..
Luvely prt dear luvd it.update soon
foziii when u updating this dearr
ah i cannot wait for the next part!! =) mwah xx
Update soon yaar
Am too eager to read the next part
Jaldi se update kar do please
Update soon dear,waitng 😍

Chapter 13 - A Way Out

Geet turned around to find Maan stood beside the window, leaning against the wall, a serious expression across his face.

She felt her heart skip a beat.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. "If anyone finds out-"

"You didn't answer my question."

"Yes. Yes, they're here. The... family for the marraige."

Maan folded his arms across his chest, his muscles flexing - an action which Geet hadn't failed to notice. She looked away quickly.

"Why are you here?"
he asked.

"It's my room."

"I'm aware of that. I mean, shouldn't you be downstairs?"

Geet remembered the reason why she had escaped upstairs in the first place, & she felt weak again. Her eyes widened as she realised with every passing second that the young man who had seen her last night was here she was falling into danger even more.

Maan studied Geet's face & noticed a sudden change in her expressions - panic was etched across her face as she bit her lip, looking extremely worried. He immediately rushed over to her.

"Geet, what's wrong?"

"He... he saw me, that person saw me,"
she replied, her lips trembling.

"Who saw you?"

"One of the men who have come for the proposal. There's a woman & two young men, one of them saw me. And he recognised me today. That's why I rushed up here, I had to get out because I was panicking too much. If he tells everyone, Darjee will literally kill me."

"Don't worry Geet, I'll sort it out."

"But how? You're not even supposed to be here, and-"

"Don't you trust me?"

Geet looked into Maan's dark eyes, & she felt a wave of warmth descend on her, as if it was radiating itself from him. She nodded once to his question, & watched as Maan's eyes gazed into hers, then she looked away.

Maan moved away from Geet & made his way to the window.

"What are you doing?" Geet called after him.

"Go back downstairs. I'll handle everything, I promise."

"But what if he's already told them?"

"Like I said, I'll handle everything."

She watched as Maan disappeared from her window. She rushed over to the mirror, studying her expression. She patted her face, trying to make her expression appear calm & relaxed, took a deep breath & prepared to go back downstairs.

When she descended the stairs & went into the main living area, Rajji & Tayyi-ji weren't there - she guessed they were in the kitchen. Avoiding eye contact with anyone, especially the man she bumped into last night, Geet went to the kitchen to find the mother & daughter making tea.

"What took you so long?" Tayyi-ji asked, annoyed.

"Ji, I... I decided to clean the bathroom up a little, in case one of the guests went,"
she lied quickly. Rajji raised an eyebrow at her, asking her what happened. Geet shook her head in response.

"Hmph. Well in that case, you can take the tea to the guests. Don't trip, or spill it. Put the dupatta on your head & keep your gaze down at all times. Come on Rajji, let's go."

Tayyi-ji left the kitchen, followed by Rajji who gave Geet a sympathetic smile.

But taking the tea in was the last thing on Geet's mind.

She glanced at the kitchen clock & realised it had been 10 minutes since Maan had left - what was he up to?

"Babaji, please let everything run smoothly," she whispered.

As if right on cue, the sound of a loud car alarm was heard. Geet rushed to the door, opened it slightly & peeked her head through. She could see almost everyone, including the guests, rush out of the house.

Once she was certain everyone had gone, Geet was about to sneak out of the kitchen & make a quick trip upstairs to see if Maan was there when she heard a knock on the kitchen window.

She froze in place, petrified, then dared herself to turn around. But it was none other than Maan himself, who was signalling for her to open the kitchen door.

Geet rushed to the door, unlocked it & Maan came rushing inside.

"I set their car alarm off," he explained, letting out a big sigh.

"Thank you so much," Geet said. "You saved my life, I really appreciate it. I don't know how I'll ever repay you."

She noticed the sudden change of emotions in Maan's eyes as his expression turned soft & he began to advance towards her. She subconsciously moved back, both still staring at each other when she hit the kitchen wall.

Maan leaned in, placing both his hands on either side of Geet's head, their faced dangerously close.

"I'm not doing this as a favour," Maan said. Geet felt her breath restrict in her throat at his closeness, she was trying to find something to say but she was rendered speechless.

"I'm doing this because I can't bear the thought of you being with someone else."

"W-what?"
Geet managed to whisper, blinking her eyes to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"I can't pretend any more. I don't want to pretend any more."

The sound of a door closing shut made them both jump. Maan suddenly moved away from Geet, who looked terrified. She turned towards the door & took a few cautious steps forward, trying to make out who it was. But when she turned back to look at Maan, he was gone.

She saw a hand push the door open, & Geet raised her dupatta to her mouth in fear of it being Darjee or Brij. But she breathed a sigh of relief when it was Uncle-ji.

"Geet, what are you doing in here?" he asked.

"I was about to bring the tea through."

"There's no need for that now, they've left."

Joy spread across her face. "They have?"

"Yes, someone from the area set their alarm off & they've taken a disliking to the whole town, branding us all as theives. I'm glad they've left to be honest."

"Me too," Geet said admittedly. "But... but Darjee..."

Uncle-ji turned serious. "He's not happy, dear. Not happy at all. He was banking on this proposal to go ahead. Now he's determined to find out who set the alarm off."

Geet panicked. What if they found out it was Maan? It was unlikely he would leave any trails behind, but she knew her Darjee. He would move heaven & hell to find the culprit. And with Brij as his right hand man...

A chill ran down her spine. She had to go to her room, to see if Maan had returned.

"Uncle-ji, I left something in my room, I'll just go & get it."

"Ok dear, but be quick, Darjee wants to talk to all of us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geet opened the door to her room & closed it securely behind her. She did a sweep of her room, & then peered out of her window. No sign of Maan.

She was just about to leave her room again when her closet door opened, & out stepped Maan, cleaning his hands with one of Geet's spare towels.

"What were you doing in there?"
she asked.

"Cleaning my hands. I see the family have left, that means my plan was successful."

"For now. Darjee won't rest until he finds out who did it."

"And who says he'll find out?"

"What if you left something behind, & he realises?"

"Geet, I was cautious. This involved you, so I had to be careful not to do anything which would get you into trouble."

"This isn't about me now. I don't want you to get into trouble."

Maan smiled. "So we're on the same page."

Geet felt flustered, a small blush worked its way up her cheeks. "I-I have to go, Darjee needs to talk to everyone. You'd better leave before you get caught."

"But what if your Darjee hits you again? I want to make sure you'll be ok."

"I still have your lotion & handkerchief. If needs be - I sincerely hope Darjee spares me tonight - I'll use them. I promise."

"Your promise is all I need."

Geet watched as Maan tucked her towel into his belt & began climbing out of the window.

"My towel," she called, walking to the window.

"You have my handkerchief. It's only fair that I get to keep something too."

With that, he jumped down onto the ground & quickly walked to his jeep, being careful so that he wouldn't be seen by any of the family members. Geet closed her window & left her room, closing the door behind her.

Precap: "We'll do whatever it takes to get his signatures."

See, I was extra nice to you guys & didn't leave it on a cliff hanger, like I usually do 😳

HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON!
Long comments preferable 😊 But any comments are welcome, of course 😃

Edited by walkintomylifex - 12 years ago
thx for the update .

i don't know if i should say this or not , but i felt it was not as brilliant as your other updates. this one was way too lax ... no tension or chemistry .

i know it take a lot of personal time and effort to write but i am trying to be honest here.

looking forward to a brilliant air cracking and (hopefully brij's headcracking update next ) 

awww
so sweet
 loved the towel exchange and kitchen chit chat
loved it