waiting for their convo...

continue soon...
-Humera- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Awesome update  🤗
Loved Maan's anger about Geet getting married to someone else
He is already so possessive about her 😳
Awww so sweet of him to want to talk to her, loved the dialogue where he said that if she doesn't come he will carry her and take her away himself 😍

Maan needs to stop punishing himself, and hurting himself... Awww he was really worried about whether or not she has got caught, or whether something has happened to her 😳

They both are so sweet and love the care they have for each other already.. Loved the scene where Geet used her dupatta to cover Maan's wounds 😳

Loving the precap, and I wonder whether it is Maan who has confided in Geet? Or the other way around..?

Love this story, it is different from others and it is like going back to the beginning of the drama but here the love story is about Maaneet 😍

Can't wait to see how they both fall in love together and they already are caring a lot for each other. Thank god Geet owns this land, other wise Maan wouldn't be helping her to get it...

Thanks for the pm
Update soon xx
pushpi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey PM me too and update soon
xmaangeetx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
plz keep maneet together...gr8 updtae loved it...

thnxxx:)

Chapter 11 - Realisations

Geet finished cleaning Maan's wounds & looked at him directly.

"Why do you do this, why do you hurt yourself like this?" she asked.

Maan could almost feel Geet's penetrating gaze reading into his soul, uncovering his deep, dark secrets... He stood up from the sofa & moved away, his back to her.

"You can tell me,"
Geet said softly. "I'm the last person who would judge or criticise you."

Maan shook his head. "My past is my past, I want it to stay that way."

"But this... this self torture you inflict on yourself isn't right."

He squeezed his eyes tightly shut. "I don't want anyone to know."

Geet stood up & walked over to Maan, standing so that she was facing the left side of his body.

"Why is that? Because you consider telling people as a weakness? You think it will harm you even more? I'll admit, not everyone knows about my past. But you do. You know that my parents have died, you know that the majority of my family despise me. And do you see me ashamed that you know, do you see me labelling my past as a weakness? We can't control our past, just like we can't control our present & our future. You've helped me so much, Maan. You're still helping me. At least... at least let me repay the favour."

His eyes snapped open & he turned to look at Geet.

"I don't expect anything from you," he said coldly.

"I never said I was going to give you anything. But you can talk to me. I can see it in your eyes. You've bottled it up, whatever it is that's eating you away inside. But you've kept it all in for too long. You shouldn't have to suffer any more."

"If I suffer, or if I don't suffer, what difference does it make to you?"

"I'm not the kind of person that will allow someone to help me but then turn my back on them once they need a helping hand. That's not how I was raised, & I'm sure you weren't either."

Maan sighed. For every excuse he gave to Geet, she hit him back twice as hard with words that made sense.

He was tired of locking it all away for 8 years, he was tired of suffering alone.

He had been apprehensive of letting anyone in, of letting his brick walls around him tumble down. But one look into Geet's eyes gave him the answer that he hadn't been expecting to find, but had subconsciously been searching for all these years, without even realising until he met Geet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They sat on the small dining table situated in the left hand corner of the hotel room. Maan was on one end, Geet was on the other.

"I've never confided in anyone else before," Maan said admittedly, looking up at Geet who was already meeting his gaze. He leaned back against the chair, running his fingers through his hair & began.

"It was a normal day, like any other day. I had walked my younger brother Dev home from school. I was 14 at the time, Dev was 12. We had argued and joked around on the way home, like we always did.
The rest of the afternoon had been spent like always - I was trying to complete my homework. I was an intelligent & focused student - always achieved the highest grades in class. My teachers always told my Dadima that I had a bright future ahead of me.
Dev was the opposite. He was naughty and un-focused and spent most of his time trying to gain girlfriends, even at 12. But his true love was games, video games.
I had been called down to dinner, & sat around the table. Dev hadn't arrived yet, which was worrying as he was usually the first one down for dinner. A few minutes later, one of the servants appeared. He is no longer in our house anymore - I got rid of him."

He curiously looked up at Geet, who was listening to him intently. He was trying to read her face but no visible emotions were displayed. He looked back down at his hands.

"He came & he informed us that he could smell smoke from the opposite side of the house. Dadima & I jumped in panic - at this point, my youngest brother Vicky wasn't in India, he was in Canada with my mother.
I dashed across the house, Dadima following behind when we stopped short in front of Dev's room. We could... we could see the smoke billowing out from underneath the door.  He was screaming from the inside, panicking. He was calling out for me, to save him.
One of the other servants dialled the emergency services & a fire crew arrived in minutes. They tried to break through the door, but the smoke was too powerful for them.
They had ushered Dadima outside & urged me to join her, but I refused. I wanted to be there when they rescued Dev, I wanted to hold my younger brother and protect him like it was my duty to.
The fireman disappeared - they would attempt to enter the house from the back side through the window. He had told me to wait outside the door as I refused to be moved an inch away, stand well back & not to go inside.
I could hear Dev, I could hear my younger brother repeatedly call out 'Maan.' I couldn't stand it any more - with all my might, I smashed the door in with my shoulder.
A raging fire was blazing, engulfing Dev's bedroom. I could make him out in one corner, cowered away, hugging himself to protect him with the flames.
I tried to fight my way through the fire, I could feel it burning against the side of my body. The heat was immense, the smoke was overpowering.
But I was determined to save Dev, to make it out of the room with my brother alive.
I started to stretch my arm out towards Dev, trying to get him to grab my hand when I heard the voice of the fireman.
'You need to leave, quickly! I promise, we'll rescue him.'
I felt so helpless, so powerless.
'They'll save you, I promise!' were the last words to my younger brother. They were a lie."

A lone tear escaped Geet's eye. She didn't bother to wipe it away.

"Half an hour later, I stood outside, holding my Dadima as I watched my 12 year old brother's corpse being led out of our house & into the ambulance. He was covered in sheets. Even to this day, I can hear my Dadima's overpowering sobs, I can feel her go weak against my grip with grief.
The guilt I felt at that moment outweighed the sadness of my loss. There was only one thought that kept spinning around in my mind - I was responsible for Dev's death."

He looked up to see Geet crying silently. Even with a river of tears flowing down her pale cheeks, she still looked beautiful.

"You want to know why I don't sleep? Because I can see that day so clearly when I close my eyes. I can hear Dev's cries for help in my mind. You want to know why I hurt myself? To overcome the internal pain I carry everyday for his death."

Geet got up from her chair & knelt down beside Maan.

"You're not to blame," she whispered. "Not at all. None of it was your fault."

Maan shook his head, rejecting Geet's words. "It was. It was my fault."

"No. I could easily blame the driver behind my parent's crash but I don't. Because it was fate, it was destiny. Your brother's life was only written for so long. It was in his fate that he would be taken away from you all at such a young age. You can't blame yourself for what was meant to happen. Instead, we should thank Babaji that they're in a better place now. Heaven."

Maan looked down at Geet, who was looking at him with nothing but admiration & respect in her eyes.

"Geet, don't look at me like that. Don't look at me with respect. It's the last thing I deserve."

"You deserve it more than anyone. And I'm being completely honest. No one looks down on you & no one blames you. It's all in your head."

"How can you prove that?"

"Even if you told that story to my Darjee, he would melt,"
Geet said, giving Maan a half smile.

The way her smile lit up her features made it impossible for Maan not to smile back.

Geet's smile turned into a sombre expression as she replayed what she had just said in her head.

Darjee.

She stood up, jolting away from Maan, her dupatta over her mouth. Panic was etched across her face.

"Geet, what is it?" Maan asked, standing up from the table.

"Darjee... I... I sneaked out... if... if he finds out... Oh, Babaji..."

"Calm down, Geet, please," he said, trying to reassure her.

"I have to go, I have to leave quickly before anyone finds out..." She rushed towards the door, muttering prayers to her Babaji.

"But I haven't even talked to you about the-"

The door slammed.

"Registry," he said quietly to himself. Geet was gone.

It was like a cold breeze had abruptly stopped blowing on a hot summer's day.

When Geet was with him, his life didn't seem so tense & hectic anymore. The littlest things stopped annoying him, & he got angrier less.

Things started to make sense, everything suddenly gained a purpose.

Including himself.

Until he had met her, Maan saw himself as a human with no purpose of exisiting whatsoever. Many times he had wished to be dead, so that he could stop feeling all the angst, the pain, the guilt.

But now she was around, he saw a purpose. Geet had become his purpose.

She had been right. Revealing his past had felt like a huge burden had been lifted off his shoulders, like a heavy strain had faded away from his heart.

He smiled as he remembered how she hadn't interrupted once, how she hadn't judged him, or questioned his actions that tragic day, or even doubted him.

He had seen hope in Geet's eyes. And not just hope for herself... but hope for him.

Maan could no longer pretend he was in danger of falling for Geet.

It was like the sun had risen & shone through what had seemed like an endless midnight to him.

He was in love with Geet Handa.

Precap:  "Did anyone notice?"

HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON!
Long comments preferable 😊 But any comments are welcome, of course 😃

Edited by walkintomylifex - 12 years ago
KaSh-Maneet-Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hiii sis
awesome update
loved it
loved maaneet
glad maan shared his past with geet
loved geet
she was so understanding
maan realized his feeling
cant wait 4 more
hope no catches geet
con soon
thanks 4 da pm
love u
muhaaa
xxx
Edited by KaSh-Maneet-Fan - 12 years ago
............. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Reserved :)
This might be my last comment :O
I hope not I want loads of updates in the next two weeks before I go :) x
ninand thumbnail
god.. loosing his little brother like that! I could feel the tremendous helplessness , the gut wrenching grief at hearing his younger brother shout for him, see him cower in a corner and a few minutes later...

what pain!😭... loved how Geet convinced Maan to open up.. and that he did.And his realization came in a beautiful way.

super update. Do post the next part soon.