Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tazzo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
plz pm me? it i s a very good ff...very refreshing!
rosesana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome I loved it
Thanks for pm
sam19_2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey dear...i jst read aall da parts of ur ff ...found it amazing...plzzz do pm me whn u update nxt
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
i just came across ur ff and read it...it is awesome...
craziekudi thumbnail
hey continue soon dear awesome!!!
pr1ncess12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
fooozzz
sorry for the late update
that is amazing
well done
love u
and by the way armaan and maan are at mine today
xxx
preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
loved the updates
missed 5 updates...
sad to know abt maan's past and that he lost his brother in the fire accident and he holds himself responsible for that...
poor geet she has to go thro all these evil treatments from her so called family...
but glad that maan really does want to help her and the advice he tells her that she cant live her life like this in fear and her parents wud want her to fight for it...
eagerly waiting for the next update
raj_202 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
feel sry for geet
likes maan will help geet
 very  nice part
heart touching
plz update soon
I'm having a temporary creative block & can't think of a name for this chapter. Any suggestions? 😊

Chapter 7 - You See Right Through Me

As Maan pulled away from the Handa's & made his way into the hotel he was staying at, the image of Geet suffering in pain was haunting him like a bad nightmare.

Why did I help her?  he thought.
What made me sneak into her room to see if she was ok?
And why am I so determined to help her escape from the claws of her family?

He pushed down on the gas harder, making the engine rev as he continued trying to make sense of the new feeling of restlessness he was experiencing inside.

I'm only helping her to redeem myself.
I couldn't save Dev, now life is giving me a second chance to save someone else.

Convincing himself that that was the case, he pulled up outside his hotel, locked his jeep & made his way inside to check into his room for another sleepless night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geet was in her room, applying the lotion Maan had given her with his handkerchief. She carefully attended to her bruises across her arms & her face. She was trying to be quick about the whole process, & then quickly get into bed, to avoid anyone finding out.

A knock on the door startled her, and she jumped in panic. Hiding the lotion & handkerchief under her duvet, she quickly brought the dupatta across her face so only her eyes were visible & crept to the door.

"Who is it?" she asked timidly.

"Di, it's Rajji, let me in."

Geet released her breath as she opened the door & let her in. She brought her dupatta back down.

"Maa said I wasn't allowed to come & see you, but I'm so worried. I tried to bring some medicine up, but I was afraid of getting caught."

Rajji stopped when she noticed the bruise on Geet's left cheekbone shining.

"Di, what's that?" she asked, pointing to it.

Geet touched her hand to where Rajji's finger was aimed & touched the lotion covered area.

"It's lotion," she replied.

"How did you get it?"

"I-"

Geet was about to reveal the truth, when she stopped herself. She trusted Rajji completely & knew she wouldn't tell anyone, but she didn't want Maan to get into any kind of trouble, especially after he had gone out of his way to make sure she was ok.

But Rajji had risked herself too, in order to take care of Geet.

"Maan came & gave it to me."

"Maan?" Rajji asked, surprised.

"Yes, the man who's negotating with Darjee about the land."

"How did he get in?"

Geet pointed at the open window. "He climbed through there."

"That's nice of him," said Rajji, smiling half heartedly. "See, Di, people care about you. So don't you ever feel like no one does. Especially me, your younger sister loves you a lot."

Geet smiled. "I love you too, Rajji."

"Maa doesn't want me to share a room with you anymore, she says you're a bad influence. But you're not, & I don't want to leave you, Di."

Geet was aware of Tayyi-ji's hostile attitude towards her, & knew very well that she strongly disapproved of the close relationship Geet & Rajji had.

"Rajji, don't get into trouble because of me. Listen to what Tayyi-ji says. And besides, it's not like I'm leaving. You'll see me around all day."

"It won't be the same."

"I know, but you have to obey your elders. I wouldn't want you to get punished at the hands of Darjee."

Rajji reluctantly agreed & responded with a nod.

"Now you better go before anyone finds out. Don't worry about me, I'll be ok."

"You must be so hungry, Di, you've not eaten all day. Should I bring some food for you?"

Geet shook her head. "I'm fine, honestly. I'm not hungry anyway. I'll see you in the morning."

Rajji gave Geet a hug before leaving the room, giving her a small wave goodbye & closing the door.

She went to the mirror to examine the evidence of Darjee's brutal beating.

She could feel the cool, soothing effect of the lotion on her cheek already. She took out the lotion & handkerchief once more & finished applying the rest to her arms.

The next morning was a college morning, and Geet had been awake since 6am. On Brij's orders, she had to wake up an hour early before everyone else to prepare his food, as he always left the house early.

Once she had placed Brij's breakfast in front of him, who responded with a grunt & begn shovelling it down, she went back to the kitchen and cut up an apple for herself, with a glass of milk.

At 6.30, she went upstairs to get ready for college. She had a shower, towel dried her long, brown silky hair and styled it in her usual plait. She wore the traditional college uniform of a bright blue kameez with a white shalwar & dupatta, grabbed her books, placed them into her bag and went downstairs at 7am.

She stood by the door, waiting for Rajji, until she saw Uncle-ji walking to the kitchen. She followed him there.

"Geet, how are you?" Uncle-ji asked, looking at Geet's bruise on her face. Her college uniform had covered up the marks on her arms, and the bruise on her face was much less visible & painful now. "I know Darjee hit you a lot yesterday, I-

"Uncle-ji, it's ok. I know you're helpless, I don't blame you or anyone else at all. I suppose the only person to blame is myself."

"But you didn't do anything wrong."

"In Darjee's eyes I did. And he's the elder, so what he says, goes. I was going to ask about Rajji, she's normally ready by now."

"Dear, I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you. Rajji's contracted a fever overnight, she won't be going to college today."

Geet became worried. "A fever? Is she ok, is someone taking care of her?"

"Yes, her mother's with her. She should be ok if she takes some medicine. You better go to college, before you get late."

Geet nodded & left the house quickly.

Maan was in his jeep, on his way to see his Munshi, with whom he had arranged a meeting regarding the land. He had survived another sleepless night, this time with paperwork as he had left his boxing equipment back in Delhi.

He turned the corner onto another stretch of road when his eyes diverted to the back of a young girl, walking to his left in a hurry, her white dupatta behind her flying everywhere.

He didn't even have to see her face to know it was Geet.

Slowing down his jeep, so that it was at her walking pace, he beeped his horn.

Geet jumped with the sudden noise & turned to see Maan in his jeep.

"Can I give you a lift?" he asked.

Geet shook her head, but was still standing there.

"You look like you're running late. Where are you going?"

"College."

"I'm surprised your family lets you go."

"They don't like me going, but they say at least I'll be out of their sight for most of the day."

There was a hint of sadness in her voice which Maan couldn't ignore. Geet looked down, fiddling with her dupatta.

"You'd get there in half the time if you let me give you a lift."

Geet contemplated on half walking, half running to college & accepting Maan's offer. She walked to the right side of his jeep & sat in the passenger side.

As she got in, she brought a cool breeze with her which fanned across Maan's face. He welcomed the pleasant wind, which gave him a tingling sensation inside.

He picked the pace up of the jeep to normal speed again as he drove her to college. He stole a glance at Geet, who was looking out to her left, the wind fanning a loose strand of hair across her face. His eyes travelled to the bruise on her left cheek, which was less evident than last night, but still visible.

He looked back straight ahead as he cleared his throat.

"It looks like my lotion worked," he said.

"I didn't get a chance to thank you for that," she replied.

"You don't need to thank me."

A short silence followed. It was Geet's turn to study Maan's face as she looked at him, who was concentrating on his driving. He looked tired, small bags forming under his dark eyes.

"You must be missing your home," Geet said softly.

"What?"

"It doesn't look like you slept last night, your face looks tired. Are you homesick?"

Maan was surprised. How had she noticed? Apart from his Dadima & Vicky, no one else was aware of Maan avoiding sleep at night. And this girl, who he'd only known for a few days, had sussed it out already.

"I don't sleep," he replied, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Geet noticed the sudden hostility and realised that it was probably a topic that he didn't want to talk about.

The jeep came to a stop outside Geet's all girls college.

"By choosing not to sleep at night, you're only causing your own self destruction," she stated, before getting out of his jeep.

She turned to look at Maan, who had an incredulous look across his face as he looked back at her.

"Thank you for the ride," she said, then walked to the gates of her college.

Maan sat there for a few moments, watching her retreating figure, then snapped out of his temporary trance & peeled away.

Precap: "The truth is always hard to bear."

Remember to hit that LIKE button, guys! More likes means quicker updates 😊

Chapter 8 - Silver Linings

Edited by walkintomylifex - 12 years ago
............. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Reserveddd! <3
Let me catch up with the other Chapters ;) x

*EDIT*
Heeey Mrs Khurana :)
Finally catched up withh all chapters ;)
Haha it didn't take meee long as I'm already addicted to your FF, I had to read all chapters right now! I didn't get up until I had read all of them! 😳
But OMGG you are one AMAZING writer! :D
No Jokes!
WOW! I'm just loving this FF! :)
Loveee the concept and all the chapters so far are awesome!
Each chapter I wasn't bored even for a second youu keep your readers interested through out the whole chapter - which is what I just love about you! :)
It's sooo interesting, am really eagerly waiting for the next chapter! :D
Can't wait for some Maaneet moments ;)
Keep up the super amazing work! :D
And remember I want a book sooon! Haha! :)
Okaii am going to go to your next FF now - eeks am soo excited to read that now! :D
Haha one good thing that I'm behind is I get too read sooo many chapters without having to wait for them! ;)
And let me tell youu something now you've got me as a reader I'm always going to be bugging youu to update haha, so watch out for me! ;)
Awesome Work! :D
Lovee Youuu Mrs K! <3 x

Edited by ..Angel.. - 12 years ago