Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Makers butchering DD's talent and Geet's character (Page 3)

liv2laugh IF-Sizzlerz
liv2laugh
liv2laugh

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:09am | IP Logged
I don't think the problem is Dhrasti herself. She is a very committed performer. She was shooting for the SR sequence even when she was running high fever. The backbone of any enterprise be it a movie or am episode of a TV serial is the script and the characterization of the roles. The problem is there. They are more interested in promoting Dev and his reformation than in the title character herself who has been butchered beyond recognition. I think they should rename the show Dev - ek paapi ka pashchataap.

They are not bothering with the charcterization of Geet these days, then why make her a title character. In my opinion the way they are headed, Nandini will be the new lead of the show. Maaneet will be side lined the way they are going.

A sincere request to the makers - stop butchering Geet both the show and the character.

THE ACTOR IS NOT TO BLAME. THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH EVEN A TALENTED ACTOR CAN DO WITH A SHODDY SCRIPT.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

visheshskrishnameeraserialwatcher16pippa

bluejalpari Goldie
bluejalpari
bluejalpari

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by liv2laugh

I don't think the problem is Dhrasti herself. She is a very committed performer. She was shooting for the SR sequence even when she was running high fever. The backbone of any enterprise be it a movie or am episode of a TV serial is the script and the characterization of the roles. The problem is there. They are more interested in promoting Dev and his reformation than in the title character herself who has been butchered beyond recognition. I think they should rename the show Dev - ek paapi ka pashchataap.

They are not bothering with the charcterization of Geet these days, then why make her a title character. In my opinion the way they are headed, Nandini will be the new lead of the show. Maaneet will be side lined the way they are going.

A sincere request to the makers - stop butchering Geet both the show and the character.

THE ACTOR IS NOT TO BLAME. THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH EVEN A TALENTED ACTOR CAN DO WITH A SHODDY SCRIPT.

hey im not blaming DD...i love her and think the world of her...im feeling bad that she is being handed such bad characterization...
read what i said at that end...
they made Dev  Devta
                  Maan Maahaan
                 Geet they have destroyed.
ur right...that her character is being butchered...im feeling that she too must be feeling the same way...and not able to be so lovey dovey with Dev.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

krishnameera

bluejalpari Goldie
bluejalpari
bluejalpari

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eveline

DD as mentioned earlier is a thorough professional...she has deffo had a very huge hand in making this show what it is today..
also these are seasoned actors...every single day they do scenes they might not agree with...they romance with actors they barely know...( DD and GC are now great friends so they are not in question here)..my point...their personal feelings are kept on the side while acting...thats what marks an actor...

DD herself pointed out that initially she could not empathise with Geet..that she is very different than Geet in reality...but still she gave her 200% in the initial months of this show...so the question of personal thinking or opinions interfering with work ..seems less likely...

After reading this...i went back...personally did not find her off...but she has had less scees weightage lately what with her sickness and absence...and my guess is ..some scenes were patched with body doubles...so maybe they both have different reactions...

i can say that she remains one of my all time fav telly actresses...

no offence...just my pov...Smile 

Hey..I love DD to the core too..find her to be very talented and professional...i agree someone else s to blame..im not blaming DD. at all .
Im blaming the makers for making her take a about turn in her character...right now they made Dev redeemed, Maan mahaan for his principles and made Geet look very dumb..as if she has no mind and thinking of her own except for showing loyalty to maan's family.

krishnameera

bluejalpari Goldie
bluejalpari
bluejalpari

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sac58375

Could it be that she is sick and not 100%.  Give the girl a break. 

I think all this negative talk is making us biased towards DD.  As loyal fans we should support her through her ups and downs. 

Don't mean to offend anyone but seems like there is so much negativity on this board lately.

hey i love DD...im  only feeling bad she is being dished out this dumb geet character and she cannot do anything about it...im not trying to be negative...im feeling wrong is wrong.
with u in thinking the world of DD.

krishnameera

bluejalpari Goldie
bluejalpari
bluejalpari

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by maanddy

Thanks for reminding me about GHSP ! LOL

As i have lost my grip, its HELL boring nowadays ! I just watch Maan scenes and forward it or MUTE my TV ! 

And, story ? Shocked

I don't like such jokes ! ROFL

After Holi, i had lost my interest in the SHOW ! And, after this 'circus' track ! I stopped it shamelessly ! Wink

I think, in bad times, we should just skip the bad scenes and concentrate more on what we like the most !

And, honestly and frankly, i have been watching this show only and only for Maan ! As everyone else are just too boring for me ! 

Sorry im DD fan not GC fan..i watch the show for her...but im feeling its wrong that they are making her character so twisted and dumb...that was what i was trying to say.

krishnameera

..natasha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..natasha..
..natasha..

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged
100% agree...They r butchering character  of geet...

But i think DD is giving her 100%...i dont have any complaints against her...Embarrassed

may be in betn she was missing and was dull...coz of her health...Confused

Go to top