Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Maybe they edited out two duets, one each from each team, due to time crunch for the airing slot... They might include the missed acts when they repeat the finale show later, maybe just before DID3 starts.. They had done this editing and cutting off from the finale shows before too, but then will show in the repeat airing later... I would have loved to see all the acts, esp when they were included in the scoring for each team...
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Considering that this was a 'team' contest, I think it is fair to say Jalwa won. They won in the finale, and their cumulative totals are also higher. I don't have a preference for either season, there are good dancers in both. But I guess season one invokes more nostalgia that tends to sway me a bit.

Either way on paper I think Josh appears stronger than Jalwa. I personally felt Jalwa had some weaker links. Also overall I felt Josh had more versatility, while Jalwa had dancers who are really mind blowing in some niches. At least thats how I perceive the teams, and I think if you study the scores Josh significantly beats Jalwa in the "individual" scores.

However, Jalwa completely trumps Josh in all "team" based categories, group, duo and trio. I think it is fair to say that Jalwa while being weaker on paper had the better "team functionality" and deserved to win. As a team I think they learned how to play their strengths and weaknesses well.

To give Dharmesh his due credit, even though he is constantly elevated to a larger than life presence - he knows to keep his ground. Even the best of people would have tried to make it all about themselves, but he still comes of as a team player. I think his long time experience teaching and in troupes gives him that sense of team effort.

Josh's weakness is in their "star" dancer. When you have a larger group of accomplished, versatile dancer that "team consensus" becomes hard to come by. Its harder to know whom to elevate, where and when. Josh also definitely suffered from the "egos" of their dancers. I definitely don't think they are bad people or are completely in the wrong, nor does it anyway diminish their dancing abilities. I think they are just too exceptionally type A about dance. Whether its their struggles, whether its their passion or whatever - there is a fragility to their sensitivities that manifests as misplaced arrogance. If you have one extreme personality, its not that hard to handle - but throw too many together you have a problem.

You see this happen a lot in sports. A coach puts together a "Dream Team" but it completely backfires because its a team of good players, theres very few happy to slip into second fiddle, be the supporting role, theres no one who feels its Ok not to shine. Thats a difference between team and individual sports. The fastest runner is not always on the relay team, the top seed tennis player is not playing doubles.

I think Jalwa is a clear winner in this team contest due to their ability to come together as a team. They knew their strengths and weaknesses and played to it. Had it been a more individual competition the results perhaps could have been different, I think the individuals in Josh have an edge to go farther ahead. Perhaps is the key operative though, we won't know for sure unless we actually have a Top Chef Masters style face off for DID as well down the line. But looking at their core competencies, I'm pretty sure that Josh might have more individuals who do better.
ankit_nyc thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Considering that this was a 'team' contest, I think it is fair to say Jalwa won. They won in the finale, and their cumulative totals are also higher. I don't have a preference for either season, there are good dancers in both. But I guess season one invokes more nostalgia that tends to sway me a bit.

Either way on paper I think Josh appears stronger than Jalwa. I personally felt Jalwa had some weaker links. Also overall I felt Josh had more versatility, while Jalwa had dancers who are really mind blowing in some niches. At least thats how I perceive the teams, and I think if you study the scores Josh significantly beats Jalwa in the "individual" scores.

However, Jalwa completely trumps Josh in all "team" based categories, group, duo and trio. I think it is fair to say that Jalwa while being weaker on paper had the better "team functionality" and deserved to win. As a team I think they learned how to play their strengths and weaknesses well.

To give Dharmesh his due credit, even though he is constantly elevated to a larger than life presence - he knows to keep his ground. Even the best of people would have tried to make it all about themselves, but he still comes of as a team player. I think his long time experience teaching and in troupes gives him that sense of team effort.

Josh's weakness is in their "star" dancer. When you have a larger group of accomplished, versatile dancer that "team consensus" becomes hard to come by. Its harder to know whom to elevate, where and when. Josh also definitely suffered from the "egos" of their dancers. I definitely don't think they are bad people or are completely in the wrong, nor does it anyway diminish their dancing abilities. I think they are just too exceptionally type A about dance. Whether its their struggles, whether its their passion or whatever - there is a fragility to their sensitivities that manifests as misplaced arrogance. If you have one extreme personality, its not that hard to handle - but throw too many together you have a problem.

You see this happen a lot in sports. A coach puts together a "Dream Team" but it completely backfires because its a team of good players, theres very few happy to slip into second fiddle, be the supporting role, theres no one who feels its Ok not to shine. Thats a difference between team and individual sports. The fastest runner is not always on the relay team, the top seed tennis player is not playing doubles.

I think Jalwa is a clear winner in this team contest due to their ability to come together as a team. They knew their strengths and weaknesses and played to it. Had it been a more individual competition the results perhaps could have been different, I think the individuals in Josh have an edge to go farther ahead. Perhaps is the key operative though, we won't know for sure unless we actually have a Top Chef Masters style face off for DID as well down the line. But looking at their core competencies, I'm pretty sure that Josh might have more individuals who do better.

😛 Agree with some of your points...However comparing Josh to "dream team" is totally erroneous...and here's why...Dream Team consists of people who are amongst the best at what they do in their field...No contestant is amongst the best at what he/she does in the field of dance...I mean come on...Are we to believe that Jai, Siddhesh, Prince, etc are amongst the best dancers in all of India? 😛 Really? None of them have won any seasons of DID...I mean they weren't even the best in their seasons of DID let alone being the best dancers in India...😃 What makes them the best? the opinions of their fans? well in that instance every single contestant can be considered the best dancer in the world because their fans say so...😛 What makes Jai, Siddhehs, Prince etc the dream team of dance? None of them have won any dance contest in years...what makes them the best? 😛 And your point about attitude, well that applies to stars because they have something to offset that attitude, unmatched talent...what do contestant have in reality shows to warrant attitudes? Any of them can be replaced by someone just as talented if not more talented then they are...😛 Attitude normally follows success, doesn't precede it...😛
mystic-writer92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^^ still havent left huh
ankit, u amaze me by ur "gifted" posts

1) u hate jai
2) u say ur gonna leave, but dont
3) u dont wanna use "abusive language" (its not abusive, its intrusive, thats all)
4) u dont like muffins?!

oh wait, i posted a cheesecake, same thing though
POTATO POTAATO

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Ankit - Metaphors are not meant to be taken literally. Quit being asinine and trying to nitpick an excuse to argue. You disagree with some opinions, good.

Mystic - There is one IF member I know who enjoyed muffins and muffin references.

Self - Quit being a masochist. Do you think you can cure imbeciles?
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Ankit - Metaphors are not meant to be taken literally. Quit being asinine and trying to nitpick an excuse to argue. You disagree with some opinions, good.

Mystic - There is one IF member I know who enjoyed muffins and muffin references.

😛 wow Asinine? really? Just because I questioned your assessment of DID 1 contestants being some sort of a dream team? 😛 What exactly have Jai, Siddhesh, and Prince done to warrant them being labled as the dream team of dance and superior to DID 2 contestants on paper? All 3 have been mediocre in all the different dance contests that they've particiapted in over the last few years with the exception of Sid who finished 2nd in DID 1...😛 I mean shouldn't members of the dream team have something that sets them aprart from others? Which dancers in DID 1 are head and shoulders better dancers then members of DID 2? Jai? finished 4th, hasn't won a contest in years...shouldn't someone who is really great be able to win once in a while at least? Prince? the guy didn't exactly distinguish himself in the field of dance in DID 1 where he didn't even make the finale, and hasn't done much since DID 1...Sid? finished 2nd in DID 1 and hasn't fared much better in other dance shows that he has participated in...So I don't understand how these average dancers are elevated to "dream team" status...😛 I know you'll attack my intelligence in your response rather then refute my POV so in advance thank you for any attack  on my intellect that you will throw at me...😛
mystic-writer92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

ur posts are so complicated that everytime i read them, i return to hades