Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

cholu yaar, when it came to portraying the multi facted ,complicated character  of Dutta, riddled with demons,and his journey where he was gradually excorcised of his demons,his redeemption,his love it was Misha Rahejal who established the character with his par excellence acting.Now,if Dutta is to be portrayed as a guy throwing his weight around like a bimbo than yes any Tom,Dick and Harry will do! as far as SA is concerned chalo yaar he needs to earn a living,his GWR has finished now!

*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I havent watched many episodes of Kayamath, just a few here and there, but I heard Milind's character sketch was a bit similar to Dutta's in Kayamath ๐Ÿ˜•?! I mean, I heard he was also really short tempered, and would get angry and shout, etc., but from inside was really vulnerable, sensitive and would cry and stuff, and Prachi was also very delicate, fragile, and soft-spoken like Nakku ๐Ÿ˜•. But am sure, NOBODY, not even Shabbir, will be able to match Mishal's CLASS, STANDARD and CALIBRE!
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

I havent watched many episodes of Kayamath, just a few here and there, but I heard Milind's character sketch was a bit similar to Dutta's in Kayamath ๐Ÿ˜•?! I mean, I heard he was also really short tempered, and would get angry and shout, etc., but from inside was really vulnerable, sensitive and would cry and stuff, and Prachi was also very delicate, fragile, and soft-spoken like Nakku ๐Ÿ˜•. But am sure, NOBODY, not even Shabbir, will be able to match Mishal's CLASS, STANDARD and CALIBRE!

If you just look at the surface then yes the characters were a bit similar with the whole rough and tough on the outside, tormented/tortured on the inside thing...but then there have been MANY characters like that on TV...what made Dutta stand apart were the NUANCES...MR's nuanced acting which sorry to say no other actor on TV can match...

Shabbir is a decent actor otherwise but not in MR's league (no offence intended to Shabbir fans)...if Dutta was played by Shabbir from day one, he would have been just another typical character that we've seen before...MR made him different, MR made him iconic...now Shabbir may enter the show at this point but Dutta will only manage to be a pedestrian character...he can't elevate it beyond that...but still it's better than this Diggu nonsense I guess๐Ÿ˜†
nmuller thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
As much as I like MR..his looks only...acting needs improvement. I think SA will do justice to the role. He has done this bhai character in a couple of movies too, so its not new to him. I think you guys should give him a chance. You might be surprised.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: nmuller

As much as I like MR..his looks only...acting needs improvement. I think SA will do justice to the role. He has done this bhai character in a couple of movies too, so its not new to him. I think you guys should give him a chance. You might be surprised.

LOL firstly if you think Dutta was a typical bhai sort of character, then I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you aren't too impressed by MR's acting.

At this point, this show is headed on  TYPICAL path anyways...so sure Shabbir is most welcome to join on board to play a TYPICAL bhai sort of character again...๐Ÿ˜†

nmuller thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
If you don't think MR's role was a "bhai" character..what was it???? Care to explain?
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Like a typical gangster I wonder if SA's Dutta will attend item songs. ๐Ÿค”
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: nmuller

If you don't think MR's role was a "bhai" character..what was it???? Care to explain?

Correction...I said it wasn't a TYPICAL bhai sort of character...there's a difference...but I doubt you will be able to see that difference if you couldn't manage to see it in the year's worth of MR's portrayal of this character. So please by all means enjoy Shabbir's EXPERIENCED portrayal of a bhai character since he's played one in so many movies and shows๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ.

I'm also waiting with baited breath

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Like a typical gangster I wonder if SA's Dutta will attend item songs. ๐Ÿค”

He can pull a packet of BIKAJI namkeen out of the shirts of one of the item girls too๐Ÿคฃ...Have you seen his Bikaji...ROCKS commercial?? EPIC stuff๐Ÿ˜†
nmuller thumbnail
Sorry didn't see the difference you are talking about. But the show is still not worth watching.