SR/JeRan Unbreakable Bond:Keep Up With Fashion SPAM - Page 56

Posted: 12 years ago
Kuch Love Jaisa says Sumeet

Natasha Coutinho

Sumeet Raghavan, who stars in Sajan Re Jhooth Mat Bolo on SAB TV, is excited about his soon to be released movie Kuch Love Jaisa co-starring Shefali Shah and Rahul Bose. He speaks about the movie as well as Jai Hind- his internet show that is all set to go international.

Showing 1 of 5 images Previous    Next

Tell us about your role in Kuch Love Jaisa?
I play the role of a businessman named Shravan in the movie. The plot begins on my birthday of my wife (Shefali Shah) and traces the events that happen till the next morning. Incidentally, her birthday on February 29, so it comes just once in four years. Being a busy businessman, I forget the occasion and remember only after my secretary reminds me. However, it is too late when I try to call her but she does not answer. She bumps into a don (Rahul Bose) leading to some interesting twists. The characterizations are very good and I also love the music of the movie.

Do you think love goes out of the window once you are married?
One can't say that love goes out of the window post marriage but yes couples start taking each other for granted. That might create problems in their relationship. It is very important to find time for each other.

What is your personal experience on love after marriage?
Kids have their own group with whom they spend time but both husbands as well as wives should support each other. That is the secret of keep love intact even after marriage.

What advice would you give husbands to keep the spark in their marriage alive?
Make sure that you remember your wife's birthday and your wedding anniversary. Also say 'I love you' at least once a day to your wife, but ensure you are saying this to your own wife (laughs).

What do you like most about Shefali Shah as an actress?
I have been watching Shefali's work since her acting career on television. She was brilliant in her film Satya. This is my first film with her and she is simply fantastic as an actress.

How was it working with Rahul Bose?
I did not have any scenes with Rahul but we have met on the sets. I am very fond of his acting as he is a good performer.

Your comedy show on the web, Jai Hind is now going international.
Yes we have already shot one episode in English. It's very exciting that the show is going international.

Did you expect it to go to such a level?
Honestly, I had not thought that Jai Hind will be so successful but I am very happy with the response we are getting.

Four TV shows to go off air

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | May 22, 2011, 12.00am IST

The light hearted show, Pyaar Mein Twist was launched with a hope to spruce up the weekend slot of a leading channel but it failed to meet the expectations. 

So, the channel in question has decided to bring an end and if sources are to be believed, it will be curtains down on the show by the end of May or beginning of June. It was the channel's debut attempt to try its luck with the weekend slot which has turned out to be a disappointment. Pyaar Mein Twist highlights the odd pairing of stunner Roshni Chopra and geeky Manish Paul, but it couldn't strike the chord with viewers. The show originally one-hour long was reduced to half an hour because of its unimpressive performance. Another show on a rival channel titled Pratha too is all set to conclude. 

The show will breathe its last on Friday, May 25th. Pratha saw its original protagonist Shalini Chandran get replaced by Parul Chauhan of Bidaai fame, but the latter, a popular actor couldn't bring any respite to the show in terms of ratings and the makers weren't successful in milking her popularity. SAB TV too will axe two of its show launched at the same time – Ring Wrong Riingstarring Muskan Mehani and Gili Gili Gappa featuring Shweta Gulati. They were launched in mid December last year. Both the shows will apparently end on June 20, to make way for Rakshanda Khan and Farida Jalal starrer Ammaji Ki Gali. The decision has been taken in the wake of the poor act put up by the two magical comedies. With the shows failing to generate the ratings and getting pulled off, if you are down you better be out, seems to have be the latest mantra of the industry. Actor Manish Paul of Pyaar Mein Twist said, "I haven't been informed of it as yet." Muskan Mehani of Ring Wrong Riing remained unavailable. 

Aamir-Sanjeeda rock Goa

Aamir Ali and girlfriend Sanjeeda recently performed at a corporate event in Goa and the duo, that is known for their dancing skills, had a blast there.

Aamir and Sanjeeda danced to a medley of the latest Bollywood chart busters and their look was Indo-western.

Sanjeeda says "I enjoyed performing at the event since I love dancing. The icing on the cake was that the event was in Goa, a place that I will do anything to visit (laughs). It was hot during the day but the evenings were pleasant and I had a fun time there."

Speaking about the performance Sanjeeda reveals "Aamir and I performed on two medleys of ten minutes each. The songs selected were hit numbers from Band Baaja Baaraat, Ready and others. Dancing to such peppy numbers kept my energy and excitement high. Our outfits were designed by my designer Reza Sharifi."

Aamir quips "I loved performing in Goa and the best part was having Sanjeeda along with me. I can never get enough of Goa and would love to be back there again."

• Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
  • Friday, May 13, 2011

• http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Aamir-Sanjeeda-rock-Goa&xfile=2011/May/News_20110513_24
    Celeb Cook-in Sanjeeda Sheikh Actor
    Sanjeeda Sheikhs Chicken Cheese Spaghetti
    MY FAVOURITE DISH I

I am a complete foodie and I love experimenting with my food.I love tandoori chicken,stir fried veggies and any form of spaghetti,but it has to be with cheesy chicken.
    I LIKE TO EAT AT I

When I was small,every Saturday,I used to visit a gully in Ahmedabad famous for non-veg food.Also,I used to love eating at Zafran.I love to eat at Lemon Grass,because it has a home-like ambience,and the foods just out of the world.Out Of Blues is one place that serves my type of food.
    MY FAVOURITE CUISINE I

I like eating Mughlai,Chinese and Italian cuisines,but Chinese cuisine is one which I can have any day,any time!
    BEST MEAL IVE EVER HAD I

My mom is the best and the fastest cook on earth.She can never go wrong with any dish that she makes.She is amazing with vegetarian dishes.My grandmother too is an excellent cook.She makes mouth-watering khow suey.
    My non-food passions I

Apart from being a foodie,I like to travel a lot.Whenever I travel,I always make it a point to try out local delicacies rather than have fivestar food.This way I can enjoy the true flavour of the place and its culture.