Chat Clubs

SR/JeRan Unbreakable Bond:Keep Up With Fashion SPAM - Page 49

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 12 years ago

Pregnancy, the new TRP-puller

ROSHNI K OLIVERA, TNN | May 22, 2011, 12.00am IST

Want a twist? Bring in a marriage track. So far this has been the mantra for television serials. However, suddenly, there seems a shift. 'Pregnancy' has become the flavour of the season, with quite a few serials focussing on the 'main maa bannewali hoon' track. 

Drama Galore 
'Pregnancy' helps makers infuse love and romance in the serial or at least bring in drama. LikeUttaran has been focussing, for the longest time now, on Tapasya's pregnancy and major twists have been brought in, like the child is Rathore's and the main character Veer is impotent! 

Pratigya too had a lot of hullabaloo around Kesar's pregnancy sometime ago. In Pavitra Rishta, lead protagonist Archana is expecting and there's bound to be a twist here too, in the days to come. InBaba Aiso Var Dhoondo, the protagonist Bharti will get pregnant in the coming weeks and there will be a complication because she is a dwarf. "Marriage and pregnancy are two evergreen twists which always work in daily soaps," admits the channel's programming head (fiction), Saurabh Tewari. 

Like in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Akshara's pregnancy and the subsequent miscarriage struck a chord with the audiences. Says producer-director Rajan Shahi, "For the past two years, the show has sensitively touched all aspects of a young couple's life. The idea of having a child explores the beautiful bond between a couple and their families." 

It's About Trps 
Pratha brought in a baby track too hoping to get some TRP (television rating point) boost. So also in Sasural Genda Phool, one of the bahus will soon be in the family way. Just some time ago, the protagonist Suhana was 'almost pregnant' but it turned out to be brain tumour! 

Serials reflect life, says Uttaran producer Rupali Guha. "TV shows are about emotions. Hence there's love, marriage after which it's about having a family. So, it's a logical progression. A pregnancy track is very relevant as was in the case of our serial," she says. 

Viewers Speak 
What do audiences have to say about this? "It's a co-incidence, I think, that lead actresses in quite a few serials have been pregnant. But it does add to the drama," says Shyamala Rai, a housewife. Risshma Sawant, however, thinks it's the herd mentality. "When one serial works, the others tend to follow the same story. That's why perhaps, we have the pregnancy storyline emerging in many shows." 
Whatever be the case, so long as it's helping to rake in the TRPs, it's fine.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Whos got the X Factor 

The number one singing reality show globally,now in India 

Bina Trivedi 

Vishal Srivastava an auto rickshaw driver,a trained classical singer from a humble family in Delhi,came to Mumbai with one dream in his eyes to educate his wife and become a singer.Vishal,who never got any support from his family as far as music was concerned,was insistent that one day he will make it big and surmount his dreams.His perseverance and pure dedication helped him make his way and put up an exemplary performance in the upcoming show X Factor on Sony TV in the presence of Sonu Nigam,Shreya Ghoshal and ace director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.Vishals moving performance left three judges amazed and speechless with tears and an emotional Sonu said,If I had been in your place,I wouldnt have been able to give a performance like you did.Your dream for your wife will get fulfiled. 
Thats not it,63-year-old professional orchestra singer,Rajendra Gadhvi,has been singing for the last 40 years.An avid fan of Mohammed Rafi,auditioning for the first time,he entertained all the judges full-throttle,with a mind-blowing performance on the popular Tarif Karoon Kya Uski.A combination of enthusiasm and zeal to do something big in his life supported Gadhvi to chase his dreams and come all the way without informing his family about this.Rajendras performance left all astounded and he received a standing ovation from Bhansali.Shreya impressed with his energy at this age and Sonu,a big fan of Rafi Saab,told him to focus on training and pursue his dreams.
Another amazing performance was put up by the Taj group,a duo comprising two friends 68-year-old retired government singer Kartar Singh and 59-year-old Shobhi a professor from Agra.It was surely a dream come true for the Taj group when Shreya told them that they had a lot of shokhi,sur and romance in their voices.Kartar,who never got any encouragement from his family whenever he told them that he wanted to do something in life as a singer,was floored when Bhansali praised him and said,Jitna khoobsurat Taj hai,utni hi khoobsurat apki awaz. There is no turning back for these two,who are determined to take the crown away even at their age.
That is not all,rigid hard work and willpower can take you where you want to be and this was proven right by the Soul of Punjab,a group of nine members each distinct from the other with one common bond their passion for music.The group put up a great performance and got accolades from the judges.Shreya,heaped praises on them,saying,We felt that it was a performance that came from their soul. 
This is just a small peep into the talent audiences will get to see on the show.There are many more exceptional singers each with an unique talent waiting to come and exhibit their talent.So get ready to witness people come with their beautiful dreams in the show and see all of them get fulfiled as the biggest reality show,X Factor India,is all set to hit Indian television screens on 29th May on Sony Entertainment Television.

More about the reality show 

X Factor is the big daddy of all reality shows in scale and size with versions in 24 countries and an unique format,which allows every contestant over the age of 16 to enter auditions.Divided in three categories : 16 25 years,above 25 years and individual groups,and unlike other reality shows,X Factor is about providing bigger dimensions and bigger scope to all such people who have been waiting for their dreams to come full circle! The panel of three judges consists of the dynamic Sonu Nigam,a multitalented singer,the melodius Shreya Ghosal along with the celebrated director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.The show will be hosted by singer and anchor Aditya Narayan.

Anchor Aditya Narayan 

Rajendra Gadhvi 

Vishal Srivastava 

Kartar Singh and Shobhi 

Soul of Punjab band 

JUDGING TRIO: Sonu Nigam,Shreya Ghoshal and Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Neha_Luvs_JeRan

ISSHHH๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

awesome pic neha๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
shruti thumbnail
XCEPTIONAL TalentXTRAORDINARY SingersXTRAORDINARY Show 

Vishal Srivastava an auto rickshaw driver,a trained classical singer from a humble family in Delhi came to Mumbai with just one dream to educate his wife and become a singer.Vishal who never got any support from his family as far as music was concerned,was insistent that one day he will make it big and surmount his dreams.His perseverance and pure dedication helped him make his way and put up an exemplary performance in the presence of seasoned singers Sonu Nigam,Shreya Ghoshal and ace director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.Vishals moving performance left the three judges surprised and speechless.An emotional Sonu said,If I would have been in your place,I wouldnt have been able to give such a performance like you did.Your dream for your wife will get fulfilled.
63 years old professional orchestra singerRajendra Ghadvi has been singing for the last 40 years.An avid fan of Mohammed Rafi,auditioning for the first time,he entertained all the judges with a mind blowing performance on the very popular Tarif karoon kya uski and took away all the praises.A combination of great enthusiasm and zeal to do something big in his life supported Mr.Gadhvi to chase his dreams and come all the way without informing his family about this! First audition ever - Rajendras performance left all astounded and he received a standing ovation from Judge Sanjay Leela Bhansali.Bhansali said,You have been singing for the last forty years.It has been a loss for the industry. Shreya was suitably impressed with his energy at this age.Sonu a big fan of Rafi Saab himself got nostalgic and told him to focus on training and pursue his dreams.
Another amazing performance came from the Taj group,a duo comprising of two friends68 year old retired government employee Kartar Singh and 59 year old Shobhi a professor from Agra.It was surely a dream come true for the Taj group when Shreya told them,You have a lot of shokhi,sur and romance in your voice Dil abhi bhara nahi. Kartar who never got any encouragement from his family whenever he told them that he wanted to do something in life as a singer was floored when Sanjay Leela Bhansali praised him and mentioned,Jitna Khoobsurat Taj hai,utni hi khoobsurat apki awaz.There is no turning back for these two who are determined to take the crown away.
That is not all,rigid hard work and willpower can take you where you want to be and this was proven right by the Soul of Punjab,a group of nine members each distinct from the other with one common bond,there passion for music.The group put up a brilliant performance and got accolades from the judges.Shreya was so impressed with them,she heaped praises and commented,Itne auditions mein ye pehla dil se kiya hua performance tha,agar aaj decide karna hota toh main aaj hi aapko apne group mein le leti. The judges felt that it was a performance that came from their soul.
This is just a small peep into the Xceptional talent you will get to see in the show,as many more Xceptional singers each with a unique talent are waiting to come and entertain you only on X Factor India.X Factor is the big daddy of all reality shows in scale and size,with versions in 24 countries and a unique format,which allows every contestant over the age of sixteen to enter the auditions.Divided in three categories16-25 years,above 25 years and individual groups,unlike other reality shows,X factor is about providing bigger dimensions and bigger scope to all such people who dare to dream BIG and have been waiting for their dreams to come full circle! The panel of judges consists of the Xtraordinary trio,the dynamic Sonu Nigam a multitalented singer and an icon to millions of music lovers,the melodious,Shreya Ghosal along with the celebrated ace director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.Singer and anchor Aditya Narayan will host the show.So get ready to witness people come with their beautiful dreams in the show and see all those beautiful dreams gett fulfilledas the biggest singing reality show X factor India is all set to hit Indian television screens on 29th May 2011.

shruti thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Neha_Luvs_JeRan

ISSHHH๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
shruti thumbnail
Neha Sargam's filmy chakkar

Kavita Awaasthi/ Hill Road Media

Sweet and soft spoken Neha Sargam who plays Nivedita in Chand Chupa Badal Mein loves watching movies. And the fact didn't escape her that the name of her show is from a famous song. Here she talks about her favourites films and they are special.
shruti thumbnail
Dil Chahta Hai
Aamir Khan was awesome in the film and every scene in the movie was rocking. The film had the right dose of romance, fun, laughter and intensity. I have seen the film numerous times. Even today when I am watching it, I am unable to leave the room to fetch water or food. I can watch this movie for hours on end. It remains a favourite and lovable film.
shruti thumbnail
Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai
I have seen Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai 11 times. I loved the film too much. I fell in love with Hrithik Roshan when I saw the film. So meeting him at the STAR Parivaar Awards was super exciting. He looked adorable in both roles. They showcased him in a chocolate boy and dude look. The songs are still chartbusters and I can dance to them anytime.
shruti thumbnail
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander
I saw Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander in my childhood film. When I was watching this film about school going kids and their problems in life, I could relate to it. The song and scenes all connected with my life. Pehla Nasha is a wonderful song and a perennial favourite to date.