Madhuri's in Satte Pe Satta? Not yet

MadhuriDixit IF-Rockerz
MadhuriDixit
MadhuriDixit

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged

Madhuri's in Satte Pe Satta? Not yet

Subhash K Jha, May 19, 2011, 12.00am IST
Tags:

Madhuri Dixit, who's been offered Hema's role in the 'Satte Pe Satta' remake, won't say yes without seeing the script

Hema Malini feels Madhuri Dixitwas perfect in her part of the stern no-nonsense woman-of-the-world in Raj Sippy's " Satte Pe Satta". And before she says yes to Hema's role in the remake, she wants to see what changes have been made in the remake's transition.

Interestingly, in the other current remake of an Amitabh Bachchan starrer " Agneepath", the heroine's character was that of a nurse. She has been changed from a nurse to a sex worker.

Before Madhuri signs on formally to do the new "Satte Pe Satta", she would like to know if there are any sort of radical changes in the character.

Speaking from Denver on her 44th birthday, Madhuri says, "I am waiting to see the script before I say a final yes.Yes, I've spoken to them. A remake of "Satte Pe Satta" sounds good. But Hemaji was so wonderful in the role that I've been offered. I'd like to know how much my role has been altered with the times. Let's be fair. "Satte Pe Satta" was made 29 years ago. It can't be the same. I'd like to see what changes have been made before I agree to do the film. They've told me they'll send the script (to Denver). I'm waiting for it now."

The other roadblock, if one can call it that, is the availability of Madhuri's dates. Having just returned home to the US, she is in no mood to return to Mumbai in a hurry.

Says the diva, "My last visit to Mumbai was very enjoyable. Through "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa", I was able to connect with the younger generation who had not seen that much of my work. It was a trip I will cherish throughout my life. But now I am back here with my family, and I'd like to spend some time with them. So I don't really know when I'll return to India."

Madhuri turned 44 on Sunday with a party to bring in the day. Laughing, she says, "You know, last year my husband threw a surprise birthday party for me. And it was a complete surprise to me. But this time, I did kinda peep into the message he sent to our friends for the party at a restaurant. So I knew about it all."

Another  article in which it seems sanjay doesnt really want madhuri to be in it

It's Aishwarya VS Madhuri For Satte Pe Satta Remake
    Friday, May 20, 2011 (Mumbai)
      SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend Print | A+   A-
    Pics: Possible brothers and sisters

Director of the Satte Pe Satta Soham Shah has upset Sanjay Dutt. The director recently made an announcement that Madhuri Dixit would play the female lead opposite Dutt in the actor's co-production with Shree Ashtavinayak.

The film in question is the Satte Pe Satta remake and the actor is upset because Madhuri was never approached by the producers and Aishwarya Rai and Kajol were the first choices for the role originally played by Hema Malini in the 1982 flick.

A source maintains, "Kajol was Sanju's first choice. But she had a baby last year and Sanju didn't want to put her in a fix. If not Kajol, his choice was always Aishwarya Rai, never Madhuri Dixit. Ash was approached for the role but had date issues. During this time, two other names came up for consideration Rani Mukherjee and Karisma Kapoor."

At this point, Soham suggested Madhuri. Apparently, he wanted to sensationalise his project. Adds the source, "It was Soham who made the declaration without informing the producers. He told Ashtavinayak that Sanju was fine with Madhuri and told Rikku (Madhuri's secretary) to announce on her birthday that she is doing the film."

Sanjay Dutt says, "The script hasn't yet been sent to Madhuri. Nor has the money exchanged hands. I am in Diu, so I don't know what's happening in Mumbai. Ashtavinyak and I are waiting for Aishwarya. I don't know why Soham made such a hasty decision without confirming with the producers!"

A source close to Soham insists, "He's not completely to blame. There's more to this story than meets the eye."

Says the source, "Soham had a fallout with Karan Johar after Kaal. He approached Ajay Devgn with the same script and later went to John Abraham with it. That's why none of Soham's actors have worked with him again except Sanju, who gave him another chance after Luck. But now Sanju is upset, too."

A director, who Sanju is currently working with, says, "Soham should just concentrate on his script and not sensationalise on someone's past affairs. The script should be the hero, not the big stars in it."

Read more at: http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?section=Movies&Id=ENTEN20110176019&keyword=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&nid=107157&cp

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top