Mistis thoughts 20th may 2011 - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by rajsri

Wonderful thoughts Misti ... you brought out Dev's worries, his insecurities beautifully  ... also the nuances of the Dev/DDG relationship and Rads thoughts
Thanks ....

so chunnu munnu can do a very good job if they put their mind to it ... they can give us emotionally charged scenes ๐Ÿ‘
Yes they can...and that makes me wonder why don't they do it most of the time.

loved the episode ... watched the last part starting with when rads enters DDG's room a couple of times  ๐Ÿ˜‰
I had to watch the episode couple of times...specially from Devs scenes onwards to get what he was trying to say...
you have covered it all  ... am just reiterating a few things
-  loved the fact that a few layers of dev's character were peeled today...yes gave an insight into his psyche.
-  avinash was excellent today ... this is a better role for him than to be smiling sweetly all the time...yes..he is very good in dramatic scenes
 ... and so was rubina ..yes...the shock on her face when she was thrown out of the room by Dev was very poignant...her entire body goes limp but she is still standing...managed to go to her room and then breaks down...quite a strong person to not breakdown in front of dadajis room but to seek sanctuary...also interestingly in KKs room...Years of training under Shanti is coming into use here.  
-  i am possibly in the minority ... but i really like dev's characterization ... in CB1 dev was perfect but that would have been boring again  ... here, there are so many layers and facets to his personality ... for him to go from where he is now to where he should be to be RP is a long way ... and it will be a very interesting journey to see how Rads gets him there...yes that is why I like Dev too...its his complex characterisation
-  what i got from dev's outburst was that he did  trivialize what he felt for rads initially ... he placed dadaji's well being above what he felt for rads and wanted her to come to be rohan's wife in order to make DDG okay  .. today,  liked the fact that he acknowledged that he still loved her in spite of all her faults as he sees them ... also he expected his dreamgirl to be perfect but now he might have realised that she is not perfect and yet loves her...and that he loves Radhika the person...thats a big step...I am talking from his POV.
-  liked what you pointed out abt dev being possessive about DDG...he is a very possessive person and my hunch is that since he has accepted that he loves Radhika he will also not leave anyone alone if that person tries to harm Radhika.He might not say it openly or show it openly...thats why I am wondering when he realises what he has done today, will guilt set it towards Radhika...anyway will need to watch for that.
-  the next step in his growth would be for him to realize what his role in the whole mess is...yes
-  Rads will possibly question now as to whether dev will ever accept her even if Rohan and DDG get better, as she rightfully should  ... she may decide to stay on help DDG and not for dev...yes ...infact this was the wake up call for Radhika that her KK is not there now...this man that she is chasing is Dev...she needs to see how the family really treats Dev to know the real Dev and the reason behind his behaviour towards her...
-  the dynamics will become interesting between rohan, dev and rads with dev's realization as that he still loves rads ... and with rads possibly pulling back and not trying to reach out to dev...yes....
-  btw ... liked rads thought process as she worked through why she needed to talk to DDG again..she was quite methodical there...went through the list one by one...๐Ÿ˜‰ .
.. also liked mohini/virat  convo...this couple is hilarious when left on their own 

Originally posted by misti73

Badi bahu and Virat are again building castles in the air and this time Virat now wants to throw a party for laying the foundation stone of this hawa mahal and his wife wants three days notice because she does not want to repeat her sari...by the way Bhabhi aunty is getting more and more flustered and jealous, flustered because she is being kept out of all the secret talks between the mother and son and jealous because Phuljhari  is being given importance...jealousy shown in the Bhabhi aunty -virat- Phuljhari  scene where Virat tells her off for not being like Phuljhari ...waise Bhabhi aunty was right, 
Misti, you were right yesterday.  Bhabi aunty is blabbermouth and her jealousy is increasing everyday.  In fact, her portrayal is now becoming interesting.  If only chunnu munnu had shown it from day one instead of making her unlikeable and artificial in the beginning.  She is jealous but her style is different from Mrinalini.  Since she is so image conscious and actually has a high opinion of herself,  she states her barbs sweetly.  So her being future Mrs. RP will be disclosed to Radhika shortly.  Kabutarni is an idiot because she is also underestimating Mohini.  

Phuljhari has got expert experience regarding treatment of headaches...with her mother and sister around, who won't get headaches...I don't know why Mansaram  did not tell the gundas to take Shanti with them...the gundas would have returned her within half an hour with interest and would have told Chenu that he can fleece as much money as he wants from them...on the condition that they never have to face his mother...Chenu missed out this business arrangement...

๐Ÿคฃ  So true.  Also Phuljhari is getting an expert in dealing with pagals too that includes her husband.  I guess curing her husband is another thing on her "Things to do" list once she becomes wise and realizes that her purpose for being CB is to turn PF into a normal family along with curing Dadaji.

This badi bahu always digs a hole for her to fall into...she did it again today...she knows that dadaji starts getting active if the injection is not given, instead of telling the servant to tell the hawai lawyer that she will call him after some time and giving dadaji the injection...she drops the injection and runs to talk to hawailal (lawyer) and leaves dadaji alone in the room...who takes the opportunity to spit out the medicine and Phuljhari walks in...dadaji takes the opportunity to tell Phuljhari that there is a danger to RP from someone in the family and not to tell others...then BB finishes the conversation and remembers the medicine and walks back...to find Phuljhari  talking to dadaji...Phuljhari  is flustered and tells her that dadajis hands move and was on the verge of telling her dadaji also spoke to her...but badi bahu cuts her off and send her of packing... Phuljhari 's mind going tick tock...now if Badi bahu had only given the injection first and then gone for the telephone...then all this would not have happened...so she has again dug a hole for herself...Always not paying attention to what is important but running after some scheme ...can never see the bigger picture and thinking herself to be very clever...go jump into your hole now... 

This is consistent with her actions of 12 years ago when in a fit of anger she pushed Dadaji down the stairs and spoilt Rohan.  She instead helped Dev train for RP position.  Now only mind needs to be straightened which Radhika would do.  Anyway, they are now at least trying to bring these characters closer to their initial portrayal prior to the leap.

Phuljhari in the kitchen and she is thinking now...that why did dadaji tell her and not anyone else...(well because you are the outsider and chances are that you will be objective)...then she wants to tell her KK (still not Dev...she is still maintain the difference between the two different entities...her KK and Dev babu)...but has now realized that he will not listen to her...all this shouting did this and in one way good because telling Fruitcake is of no use...he won't believe it...so second option to tell badi bahu...and that also gets cancelled because she thinks that someone might harm badi bahu...
I too liked BB stopping Radhika from telling the truth.  Since Radhika is not impulsive and takes her time when talking, BB prevented her from telling the entire truth.  It gave time to Radhika to reflect on her options.  That is true for anybody.  This was too shocking for her to take it at that time.  In the kitchen, she had time to reflect on the fact that Dadaji never tried to tell anybody the truth and there may be some reason behind it.  So she is now keeping it quiet and would again approach Dadaji for information. 

what Phuljhari ...harm badi bahu in what way? Stop her from digging holes for herself to jump into? Even if someone tries to stop her she will still say...Nooo. I wanna dig a hole...I wanna dig a hole...I wanna jump in the hole... Phuljhari leave her alone... 

๐Ÿคฃ  Exactly my thoughts.  She would let you get to know her secrets just by herself.  She is going to rue the day she decided to think that Radhika was too meek.  Radhika is meek when it comes to small things but she turns tigress for the people she care about  and she cares a lot about Dadaji and for that matter that nutty Fruitcake who deserves chappals from her at this time. 

Comment-

I liked this thinking of Radhika...She went through the points one by one'...saw the cons and then based on her intuition made her decision...was very calm about it, in spite of being shocked that the man who has not spoken for12 years is speaking now. Infact I also liked the way dadaji speaking to Radhika was shown...not some sudden miracle...but because he can talk but chose not to and because the injection was not given on time and also because in Radhika he guessed that he has found a person whom he can trust...Now Radhika wants to go and meet dadaji again...and badi bahu doesn't want her to do that...but badi bahu does not know Radhika...when she decides on something she will do it'... 

Yes, Radhika is one determined person and that determination is what brought her to this house especially to improve Dev.  Would be great when she inherits the entire property and Dadaji declare to Dev that since Radhika is the brightest one between them two, she is incharge of everything and he has to get her to sign on his projects.  

Radhika walks to dadajis room and finds fruitcake there who gets angry (nothing new) to see her standing there smiling at him and she tells him that she is here for dadaji and he throws a fit and throws her out of the room...pssst Fruitcake...however much you want to be dadajis favourite...today dadaji shed that you are not..he told a secret to Radhika and not to you...so there...go and suck your humb...then he hurts his hand...
Yeah, this true.  Dadaji knows that Fruitcake is really silly at this point and hasn't grown up.  So only after Radhika improves him,  Dadaji would start confiding in him.  He is trying to keep Dadaji to himself, but Dadaji is already in love with Radhika.  So Fruitcake, you have become secondary there too.  Of course, you are welcome to go back to Banshee and ask her to be your adopted mother.  At this time, Fruitcake deserves Banshee as a mother.
Phuljhari runs to her room crying...and fruitcake in his room and his alter ego or heart/subconscious self  comes out...who mocks him...that if he believes that Phuljhari is responsible for all this ...and if he hates her then why is he so disturbed and why did he hurt his hand? And finally Fruitcake accepts that he loves Phuljhari ...

He has accepted it but he is now both physically and emotionally abusive to her.  Radhika by talking to him is only going to increase that behavior.  So really needs to get away from him and stop talking to him altogether.  He has to realize what he has done.  The more she is pushing, the more he is lashing out.  Now she has stepped back from him, but she still shows her caring.  She has to stop that too.  Then only he will realize that he lost her because of his actions.  

So on the whole  a very interesting and very good episode...the layers in Dev brought out today. All the actors were good, both Rubina and Avinash were very good but Avinash takes the cake today.For me the most touching scene was after Dev throws her out of the room, Radhika stands outside with a dazed expression...as if not believing what has happened...  

Avinash was really good both with his voice and range of emotions in the last scene.  He showed unreasonable anger (a tirade), frustration, self-hate, remorse at hurting Radhika and then a reluctant acceptance of the truth.  Also his subconscious was good as a mocking person who is making fun of his deep set beliefs.
Good work chunnu munnu...
Edited by why6 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by sushmavina

Thx misti

You are welcome sushmavina.
Originally posted by JustShanta

Yes, Mishti read your reply to Neerja,  i do know of underlined explanation .
 i took  fruitcake to mean''eccentric'' as is Dev's behaviour to Radh

thanks MISHTI 
  •  

You are welcome Shanta...
    Originally posted by ChinadollTwo

Musti - Your CM did great today ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ   TRPs will definately go up and the show is becoming intriguing... 
    Aiyooo...when did they become my CMs...๐Ÿ˜ฒ...I am also liking the show now but don't know whether the audience in India will like them...anyway will get the answer from TRPs. 

Viraat's laying the foundation of his "Hawa Mahal" ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and Bolo bhalla huffing and puffing with jealousy, will blow the "hawa mahal" off it's foundation    ๐Ÿ˜”   ๐Ÿ˜” 
    Yes....๐Ÿ˜†

Maheshwari "digging her hole" reminds me of a dog digging a hole quickly, and getting buried in the process   ๐Ÿ˜ƒ She better dig a bigger hole for herself and viraat.
    .my dogs dig holes to hide their chewing bones๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I loved Fruitcake today and I hope he gets a big dose of Jealousy sooon! Can't wait for the "Tom, Jerry and Dennis the Menace" show to begin   ๐Ÿ˜ 
    he should get a taste of his own medicine.

Must - Your dogs dig holes to bury their bones, whereas M&V dig holes to bury themselves, a little mud at a time ๐Ÿ˜ƒ with bolo bhalla speeding the process.
    Originally posted by why6

Misti, you were right yesterday.  Bhabi aunty is blabbermouth and her jealousy is increasing everyday.  In fact, her portrayal is now becoming interesting.  If only chunnu munnu had shown it from day one instead of making her unlikeable and artificial in the beginning.  She is jealous but her style is different from Mrinalini.  Since she is so image conscious and actually has a high opinion of herself,  she states her barbs sweetly.  So her being future Mrs. RP will be disclosed to Radhika shortly.  Kabutarni is an idiot because she is also underestimating Mohini.  
    Well there should be some reason behind bringing Mohini slowly out of the woodwork...her frustrations started from the time when the wedding was being arranged...earlier her husband used to pat her head but now even he has directly started comparing her with Radhika...Mohini in her own way does care for Virat and wants his attention and she will get angry if that attention goes to Radhika...lets see whether they use her or not to pass on some message to Radhika

๐Ÿคฃ  So true.  Also Phuljhari is getting an expert in dealing with pagals too that includes her husband.  I guess curing her husband is another thing on her "Things to do" list once she becomes wise and realizes that her purpose for being CB is to turn PF into a normal family along with curing Dadaji.
    yes...๐Ÿ˜†...the wise old owl did give her a tough job.

This is consistent with her actions of 12 years ago when in a fit of anger she pushed Dadaji down the stairs and spoilt Rohan.  She instead helped Dev train for RP position.  Now only mind needs to be straightened which Radhika would do.  Anyway, they are now at least trying to bring these characters closer to their initial portrayal prior to the leap.
    yes...they did mess up a bit after the leap...actually not a bad way to start from the begining.๐Ÿ˜‰

I too liked BB stopping Radhika from telling the truth.  Since Radhika is not impulsive and takes her time when talking, BB prevented her from telling the entire truth.  It gave time to Radhika to reflect on her options.  That is true for anybody.  This was too shocking for her to take it at that time.  In the kitchen, she had time to reflect on the fact that Dadaji never tried to tell anybody the truth and there may be some reason behind it.  So she is now keeping it quiet and would again approach Dadaji for information. 
    Yes I liked the way she talked through her options...did not take any impulsive decision but went through calmly what she can and not do...and then took the option that she thought was the best.

๐Ÿคฃ  Exactly my thoughts.  She would let you get to know her secrets just by herself.  She is going to rue the day she decided to think that Radhika was too meek.  Radhika is meek when it comes to small things but she turns tigress for the people she care about  and she cares a lot about Dadaji and for that matter that nutty Fruitcake who deserves chappals from her at this time. 
    Oh yes...when it comes to things or people she really care about then she becomes a very hard nut to crack.

Yes, Radhika is one determined person and that determination is what brought her to this house especially to improve Dev.  Would be great when she inherits the entire property and Dadaji declare to Dev that since Radhika is the brightest one between them two, she is incharge of everything and he has to get her to sign on his projects.

Oh would like to see Devs expression to that one. 

Yeah, this true.  Dadaji knows that Fruitcake is really silly at this point and hasn't grown up.  So only after Radhika improves him,  Dadaji would start confiding in him.  He is trying to keep Dadaji to himself, but Dadaji is already in love with Radhika.  So Fruitcake, you have become secondary there too.  Of course, you are welcome to go back to Banshee and ask her to be your adopted mother.  At this time, Fruitcake deserves Banshee as a mother.
    He knows that fruitcake is under BBs control so he wisely kept his mouth shut.

He has accepted it but he is now both physically and emotionally abusive to her.  Radhika by talking to him is only going to increase that behavior.  So really needs to get away from him and stop talking to him altogether.  He has to realize what he has done.  The more she is pushing, the more he is lashing out.  Now she has stepped back from him, but she still shows her caring.  She has to stop that too.  Then only he will realize that he lost her because of his actions.  
    Yes she needs to give him space to think...she has pushed enough...the more she pushes now the more he will become defense and lash out and also might refuse to think...

Originally posted by misti73

Yes and I don't know whether dadaji just means badi bahu as the evil force or is there someone who is much more eviler and shrewder than her...who is just waiting and watching.
    Actually that would be better.  But chunnu munnu are really not capable of writing anything complex.  Also, they brought down CB a lot with their writing when the TRPs went down from 3.0 + in first two weeks to really low last week.  Have to see how the ratings are this week.  Otherwise, the track would again get changed.  For me the show is now becoming interesting after months of nonsense.  But will it bring back the audience or will chunnu munnu have patience to wait for the audience?  
    He was horrible with her...he has got a lot of misplaced anger and since Radhika is not saying anything he is dumping them all on her. Hopefully Radhika should again in her own way show him that he has crossed his boundaries...he knows that he lost the challenge thrown at him by Radhika...he also might have reaqlised that he helped her by breaking her fast (going against himself) and then BB's sob story...Radhika serenly smiling at him...all might have combined to bring this reaction from him.She should back of completely from him and just do her stuff. 
    Today he crossed a lot of limits with her.  Radhika did come to visit Dadaji and so far has always shown interest in him.  He was angry because of what BB had said along with other stuff.  So he took it out on her.  When she kept silent (some of it was shock), his tirade continued until he just threw her out roughly.  So Radhika has to take some actions here.  No more trying to convince him that she is keeping her word and is staying away from him.  She has to show it physically and that includes rebuffing him when he does try to talk to her.  He has to know that his actions drove her away.  There has to be fear in him that she may stay away from him for good.  Also it is good for her self respect.  You can not make somebody like you by just throwing yourself at them.  Radhika is a silent type who doesn't answer back people when they are abusive to her.  But she can still walk away and doesn't have to listen to it.  
    Angie he is far away from self realisation...to me today chunnu munnu managed to peel some layers of his characterisation and he accepted that he loves Radhika...acceptance of his actions might come later and like you I also hope that realisation comes to him by himslelf and is not prompted by someone else's actions or words...because that will not be fair to Radhika and it will also not be fair to him.. 

That's what I am afraid that chunnu munnu may do.  It happens in other serials where the heroine is the sacrificing type and is so great.,  People believe her when she shows the proof.  I just hope they don't do it here.  Dev's character was great in CB1 and people fell for him.  So far people stuck with CB2 because they love Dev and Radhika's characters.  Dev as a flawed person is fine but they have to show his gradual growth.  But that growth should not be dependent on Radhika proving her worth.  It should be a realization that how selfish he became when he thought only of his family.  Obviously, he would be the one to bring her back from the pagphera.  So I hope they show Mansaram talking to him and telling him that how happy he was that Radhika got married to KK after 12 years.  If he gets to hear it, he would understand that it was not only Radhika's belief but also her father's.  So she in that way was also making sure that her father's faith did not get broken.  That should be some breakthrough that he was only thinking about his family and never considered Radhika's family.  Then he himself has to start thinking that it could have Radhika in Rohan's place and Rohan's lack of control caused that fire that could have hurt Radhika.  Would he have forgiven Rohan or mostly himself if that had happened?

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† Is he going to be in the scene that you are writing.๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ˜†Well, the twin idea came with that initial scene where the subconscious Dev was more interesting.  So thought this mocking Dev is perfect for this family and actually perfect for stuck-up Fruitcake too.  Now I am thinking that Baby Bhasu and MahaDev are enough for him and we don't need a classmate anymore.  But I don't want to write the FF (too much work) and so he may pop up in one of the random scenarios as Dev's long lost twin.  Dev would be really happy to get a brother but then MahaDev would irritate him like anything when he starts liking Radhika (not in anymore than flirty way but Dev wouldn't know that).  Have to think about the twin because just wanted to write random revenge scenes without any connectivity to anything.

Musti & why6 - Dadaji knows Dev best, that is why he didn't confide in him.

My poor "Nutty Fruitcake" ๐Ÿ˜ƒ is cracking under the power of love... Can't wait for baby Rohan to cuddle up to Radhika, demanding her attention 24/7, insisting she tuck him into bed every night and refusing to let her go home for pugh phere, without him. Oh boy, can't wait to see the volcano erupt. Wish we get to watch CB six days a week henceforth.
    Originally posted by ChinadollTwo

Must - Your dogs dig holes to bury their bones, whereas M&V dig holes to bury themselves, a little mud at a time ๐Ÿ˜ƒ with bolo bhalla speeding the process.

Yeh bolo bhala is turning out to be an interesting character...hope she is used well in this story.She can provide twists and turns in this story.