Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#Devil's Den:Raat Akeli Hai Phas gaye MMS mein# (Page 60)

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanjanareddy84Lily201Norstarshali

Cute_Ash IF-Stunnerz
Cute_Ash
Cute_Ash

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
siggss
Just made one coz I wanted sum sig for my dabba lol

and one from the spoilerss

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanjanareddy84Lily201Norstar-Deepzz-serialwatcher16shali

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 2:38pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Norstar

Lip-a-Licious IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:46pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanjanareddy84

Murlal Senior Member
Murlal
Murlal

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
The end is nigh, I guess we've all been aware of it. It couldn't have gone on for longer. Now even if they drag it on, something's lost forever.

And why has that happened? A number of factors, the economics of the situation being the most important one, undoubtedly. But I can't help but think that an equally powerful one has been the audience response to the show especially on this forum.
I do not mean to to flatter ourselves, but I don't think either the channel or the PH ever imagined the kind of response that this show got. I am not a regular watcher of Indian soaps, so I have practically no knowledge of how the TV world in India works, but given the culture in which such shows exist, I imagine most viewers are happy to lap up doses of colour and noise that are part of the daily drama of family life in India that most soaps dish out day in and day out.
While I have no doubt that other shows have had an equally passionate, committed viewership, but I doubt if they've had such one that has been so articulate and critical in its views. I cannot imagine any other show inspiring so much creativity and insightful analysis. For the channel and the PH, who are probably more used to devotion rather than criticism from their viewers this must seem an intrusion in their way of doing things. I'm not saying that our views have had any influence on either the shape this show has taken nor its ultimate fate, but I feel our voices, our clamour for a logical consistent story has become a bit of a nuisance, an inconvenience. This demands a commitment and vision that neither the PH not the channel want to make, not least because their only motive in making the show was profit.
Given such a motive, is it any surprise that they want to make shows that will appeal to rural audience after all rural India has at last begun to register as a place for profit-making on the radar of the business world.
The larger the viewership, the larger the ad revenue.

How much easier it will be for them to dole out their distorted versions of reality with its superficial concern for social change, populated by caricatures rather than real characters who are connected through familial connections and all they do is participate in a set of disconnected, dipsarate events and incidents. The clothes they wear, the festivals, weddings and family celebrations are what the shows are about.
Who needs a story-all people seem to want is a large wadrobe of colourful, garish  outfits,  and a collection of Hindi film songs to sing and dance to.
Why bring about change in society? Why get people to think about their lives, the society they live in and to question themsleves and their values. Unfortunately that is what we were asking the show to do.

As someone, I think it was Opti, who so rightly said if people hadn't pushed for change we'd still have sati and child marriage. Surely a large profitable channel can afford to not to make enormous profits on one, just one show. Bu then, it is the murdoch enpore we're talking about, so what else can one expect?

Edited by Murlal - 21 May 2011 at 4:32pm

Sanjanareddy84Lily201hegdemedhaserialwatcher16

serialwatcher16 IF-Rockerz
serialwatcher16
serialwatcher16

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jyoti06

In the midst of all confusions,...one good newsLOL

Rahul Agarwal woh is Geet's director...his status is updated saying "MSK is back"LOL

And also few inside info says Geet won't end this yearLOL

But hving said that even though GHSP is not ending anytime soon but its a request to all to plss don't give up the fight because u cannot trust the channelAngry..so keep signing the petition and keep writing on star one ka wall..keep mailing them ..calling them..show the fan power...lets not completely relax with few inside news and allBig smile

And what about Geet. is she still parayi from everybody?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MurlalSanjanareddy84Lily201hegdemedhaBinge

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Usha, 'MSK is back' means BS will reveal his true identity.  It has nothing to do with how his character is going to be maintained. Geet was already Geet although we did not recognise her behaviour as befitting her.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MurlalSanjanareddy84Lily201hegdemedhaserialwatcher16

serialwatcher16 IF-Rockerz
serialwatcher16
serialwatcher16

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:28pm | IP Logged

good morning opti

oh okay. I thought MSK as we know him LOL

they still make maan talk about ethics even in amnesia. they have just forgotten about their lead.

MurlalSanjanareddy84Lily201hegdemedha

Go to top