Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hi kadydeep!!

@all: I beleived that GHSP (season 1-as you call it) had all the elements that intrigued the audience
and even when MG were the focus the HP track had a solid base from where they had scope to go
the social-message way whenever they wanted to and surely Maaneet falling in love had a greater meaning as to which direction Geet's life would head??
In short story desrves proper conclusion with all the loop closures included.
hegdemedha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Opti: If they did that, most folks would be a happier lot.

@ Priti: I edited my earlier post to refer to the show in the offing as "goose in the bush".  Apparently, the production house has a new show titled "Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon" scheduled to be aired on Star Plus.  Check Arwenish's post on page 53.

So, the production house and some of the creatives of GHSP have been working on that goose.

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Opti, you're right. Petitions were held for the previous shows like DMG and MJHT, too. Those shows continued but we saw tracks like extra-marital affair between the lead couple in DMG, MJHT had a psycho lover and same meaningless comedy going in. Evn if it works, things are already bad now. It might turn worse, who knows. 

But still, seeing the uproar allover, I feel Geet and PKYEK are to stay! ๐Ÿ˜†

Btw, that prediction is coming true. ๐Ÿ˜• 
Edited by shreya- - 12 years ago
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Agree with u Opti. The PH is probably of the opinion that it is better to retain the show however they can than to have the show go completely off air. What they don;t realize is that the second option is better, because if they continue to show what they do, then no one will watch it anyway. What is the point in surviving that way?

Anyways, me off to have lunch now. In case u guys decide to hit the bed, catch u all tomorrow. For those of u who will be here, I will be back in 1/2 hour.  
sush1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
@ all

I know that the con has been discussed on length everywhere. But i would like to say something here.

When this episode was being aired ie 8.00pm, the whole family including my elderly relatives and their grand children, who had dropped in, were viewing the show. My sister and myself were quite apprehensive whether bold scenes will be telecasted and were quite relieved when they did not.

My mom and my granny were quite happy with what they showed. Now tell me did their strategy  of toning down work? I think it did, they got their trps and no belans from MMM

So it does make sense, that a youth channel will never garner such trps since mass audience may not appreciate bold scenes while youth who may contribute significantly lesser trps may not be the part of family sagas
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Opti- Prediction article by Munisha. She'd said that if the show sustains till June, it might do well, remember? 
hegdemedha thumbnail
@ Sush: What you've mentioned about viewership responses is interesting. 

Well, I've never asked folks I've met, during the course of my work, from rural areas about their television-watching habits.  But, then, that's probably also because most folks I'd meet do not have even have a television at home or do not have electricity in their houses.  And, the load-shedding sometimes continues well into the night too.   A sobering thought that.

I'd guess that folks out there do find a reflection of themselves in those soaps that we would identify as regressive.  Just as we are able to identify ourselves with shows that have progressive content, they are able to identify the realities of their lives in the soaps that we identify as regressive. So, it's easier for them to empathise with the characters on those shows. But, then arises the question of whether these general entertainment channels would care to utilise the hold they have and the reach they have to actually deliver social messages and bring about a societal change. 

Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Shreya:IF doesn't let me "like" your post, but  seems that prediction is coming true.
Yup MJHT season did have a dubious track , it certainly lacked the essence of season 1.
@all: Bye everyone , take care๐Ÿ˜ƒ
21-07 thumbnail
I dont understand one thing...if  the Star one channel really want to attract family audiences,if this is the reason they are not showin bold scenes on maaeet then why the hell are they airing Sach ka saama( next month i guess)...it is a way more bold show in its content...family audiences have criticized it a lot in season1..though they use to watch it( now that's a differen matter๐Ÿ˜‰ )
So my question is if they really want to prepare the audience for family dramas then why the hell are they airing sach ka saama from next month?? isn't it bold enough for the family audiences??
And if sach ka saamna is an exception and it will come late in night, then why cant geet be an exception too..ppl hv no problems with bold stuff in geet..and ppl who love this show will watch it anyways,even if it airs after 11 in the night..
hegdemedha thumbnail
@ Ruchika: A quick response.  SKS was aired on Star Plus in the first season, right? 

@ all: I will bid adieu to all for now. Good night to those in the Orient and good day to all in the Occident.๐Ÿค—