Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hegdemedha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Opti, it appears that they want to extend their physical reach and are willing to invest money for that.  Is that right?

In that case, wouldn't even the shows that are on air presently also record an increase in TRPs?  The greater the number of fish in the sea, the greater the catch.

But, this would require the channel to invest in increasing the reach now, before they re-programme the contents completely.
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Exactly Medha. 

I agree with Opti when she says we are not the TRP contributing audience. The one positive that has come out of this show is that we met a bunch of like minded people in the forum. ðŸ˜Š

I do hope that this "life support position" will put the team on track to what they started to begin with. To pass on the good message that they intended to share. It is a different show, it is not a normal love story, it is not a youth oriented story. Their current crappy tracks have made it that way, but if they show what they meant to show, it might have a chance to live. 

I hope that this will turn out to be a near death experience which will work to make them better story tellers rather than a total death, but if they intend to continue with their current tracks, I am willing to support the pull of the "life support" option. 
Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 12 years ago
-Deepzz- thumbnail
Medha , Opti, Soulie, Sush...

I agree the recent questionable divine CON, Maneet sleeping together but on sofa ...does seem to be channel backed toning down in an effort to attract elderly audience . Rather than go down kichen pilitics, tear jerker melodrama route...I too would prefer if the show goes out on a high note with all the loops neatly tied off...
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Opti, I completely understand. But even as a strategy, it is my personal opinion that they end the shows which are not fethcing them anything and introduce new shows instead and test if they will work as opposed to the successful ones they have running.

It is my assumption ofcourse that GHSP is one of the shows on Start One which is still begin appreciated. If it is not, then it has no chance anyway. So, retain a couple of shows which are already doing well, and then experiment with other new shows, right? 
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Medha, I think if they are shrewd they should shift Geet and the vampire show to post 11.00 slot and then be bold enough to show what the viewers of these shows really want.  The mass-oriented shows can hog the limelight in the primetime slot.  The gujju shows can be matinees targetting the housewives. That way they can really have reach as well as variety in their audience.
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Opti, that is an excellent suggestion. That way, everyone gets what they want. Now we wait and watch if the decision makers are shrewd or not ðŸ¤”

Do you intend to complete your FF BTW? I want to read it. ðŸ˜³
Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 12 years ago
hegdemedha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Sush: It appears to be the case. 

@ Priti:  I have always positioned myself against euthanasia.  But, when you use it symbolically with reference to GHSP, I have to support it.

However, given that the PH and some of the creatives do have another goose in the bush (edit), I wonder if they would be as interested in reviving this particular goose. 

Yes, the positive outcome is that we can all claim to have met some splendid folks here.   And, that is something that none of them -- be it the production house or the creatives or the channel -- can take away from us.😊
Edited by hegdemedha - 12 years ago
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Medha, which one is this new goose? And has it been working for them? 
sush1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
@ medha and opti

I do agree with their marketing survey and positioning strategy. Since I come across many rural and town  people, revamping with saas bahu kind of serial and expanding their trp base makes sense, since even in remote villages these type of serials are quite a hit.

the storyline of many serials popular in other languages are also mostly based on saas bahu saga and are running successfully for more than 2-3 years.

This may not sound progressive but it is a fact that the viewers do relate to these sob stories and are quite addicted to them.

This is my observation in many villages where electricity load shedding is for more than 6 hours and no load shedding during prime times

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Priti, tell me why has Geet departed from its USP of an independent minded and strong female lead who was different from all her counterparts and is getting more and more regressive by the day, bringing down Geet, the character? Even if they retain the show my fear is that they will just make it more and more regressive. For some reason they seem to think that showing a bold woman who has a mind of her own and who can stand up for her principles would not be acceptable by the mass. Dumb people I must say.
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago