#Devil's Den:Raat Akeli Hai Phas gaye MMS mein# - Page 44

Posted: 12 years ago
Hi Priti...Are u feeling better now?🤗

@Medha...How are you doing ?  If GHSP stays on air...We will get to see Jethani Geet and Devrani Nano in Delhi pretty soon.
My 2 bits

I have always believed GHSP to be a show with a variety in it. It has all the necessary ingredients to make it a successful show. 

Star one is known for its youth oriented shows, but can we classify GHSP as only a youth oriented show? The show started out with such a strong social message and has grown into a show which can be watched by viewers of all ages. Yes, it is a love story, but it is also a story of a girl's struggle to get her rights, a man's journey from lifelessness to liveliness. It is also a story about complexities in relationships and contrasts.

I personally do not categorize GHSP as just a youth oriented show and hence do not think that this article will affect our show. But as they say, it is better to be safe than sorry. 

TRP contributing audience, please do watch the show and save it from going off air. We owe it to our Maaneet. 
Medha, I will read ur post in the PM. 

Yes, it does look like they are serious about their decision, and it may be from trends they have witnessed. No matter how many of us here love the show, it is still going downhill and it is just our loyalty that is making us stick, and the DEN.  Also, we are a very small bunch when compared to the vast majority of people who think sitting and crying in front of the TV is entertainment. Unfortunately most of the audience are martyrs or sadists and enjoy seeing pain on TV. What can u do. 

Soulie, I am feeling better right now. Still a little congestion, but staying away from the comp has helped. ðŸ˜†

Let's look at things from another perspective. 

So, if they are looking to air shows such as Balika Vadhu, I could also interpret it to mean that they are looking for shows that are based on a social evil and convey a social message. Well, GHSP does fit that particular shoe. It was cast in that mould from the very beginning.

Are all shows on Star Plus of the regular saas-bahu variety?  Well, I've heard that Sasuraal Genda Phool is different.  Well, it received good reviews until recently.  It did have a decent run with a not-so-regular saas-bahu track for quite a few months.

So, I'd reckon that even GHSP could have another successful go even on the new revamped channel, provided the powers that be are willing to allow the golden goose to live.

PS:  This is what you get when a cynic puts on the hat of an optimist.

Edit

Priti, we thought along the same wavelength.
Edited by hegdemedha - 12 years ago
After reading the 'the mint' article I too feel like calling for a petition to

give our Geet a decent burial.
and let us remain with fond memories of the serial

than the crap which they may show us in future. My halla bol 😆😆

I hope i do not get old jootas and sadaa tamatars from the den. 😊

@ Deeps, if they intend to show us a Jethani and Devraani fighting over a bunch of house keys, I'd rather that they shut shop.  I agree with Opti (and Sush).
Priti, nothing can help at this stage. If they want to shut it down, they will.  Even at the best of times, the show was not giving more than a trp of 1.0.  Now it has lost many of its loyal viewers after the AA and Dev redemption and forgiveness tracks.  The channel aspires to get a trp of over 2.0 to get it to the no.2 position which it believes it will get if it has a rural-semi urban setting with some regressive subject.  It is another matter that it may never attain it but then since they appear to take this revamping pretty seriously, they will do it no matter how much we shout.  In fact our shouting may make them show more regressive stuff than we already are seeing so that we are forced to quit.

Check this link out. It would explain why we have seen a sea change in the way the story is being presented of late, why our leads are behaving the way do and more importantly why we are still scratching our heads about whether Maaneet conned or were we conned.

http://www.livemint.com/2011/05/10223314/Star-rebranding-its-youth-chan.html?h=B

Edited by Opti - 12 years ago

@all: I wish  "re-vamping" never did mean chopping down or losing focus on the existing shows(atleast in Star One's books).

@Priti:Hi, I for one agree that GHSP wasn't the typical youth show ,it also had a girl's struggle of fighting for her rights against her conservative family ,retaining her identity in city where most people mocked her and to gain justice for herself and her baby by punishing those who wronged her as well.
(atleast for major part of show).
@ soap, medha, deeps, opti 😊

Are we in minority today. Since most of the denwasis are on FB or Jhan's thread doing halla bol

Edited by sush1 - 12 years ago
Ballika Vadu started as a show with a social message but I think it has departed from the original theme.  A lot of regressive tracks were shown and I doubt whether anybody got justice (at least not till I was watching the show).  Yes, Geet was about a social message but they lost their way in between and going by the recent past they are far away from the original theme and seem to be contentedly marching in that direction.