Posted: 12 years ago
Sukirti Khandpal Bollywood Diva 2011

Cute and spunky Sukirti Khandpal, who is popular for her innocent college girl role of Piyali Dobriyal in STAR One's most loved show Pyaar Ke Ye Ek Kahaani, has made India proud by reaching the top 10 in Miss India Worldwide beauty pageant in Dubai.

It was not a total loss as she won the title of Miss Bollywood Diva 2011 in the contest. She speaks with us exclusively on her experience at the contest, reaction of fans and more.

Sukirti narrates,"I participated in this beauty competition, which was held in Dubai as I wanted to experience being a part of such beauty pageants which is a new thing for me. I love to try new things all the time. I had lot of fun as well as a learning experience. I observed and imbibed a lot from the other participants. A lot of them were very good dancers and from that I learnt it is important to know all forms of performing arts."

Talking about her experience in Dubai she adds, "This city is a lot of fun because I went out a lot of clubs which was awesome. In this short trip, I made a lot of friends. It was a dream come true to represent India in a beauty pageant. It feels great. I have collected many good memories, which I will cherish forever."

On winning the title of Bollywood Diva 2011 and reaching the top ten, she says, "Well, I am delighted that I was in top ten and won the subtitle even after working continuously for my tv show."

She also has some advice for all her fans and aspiring actors. "Even before leaving for Dubai, I completed a 19 hour shift. After reaching Dubai, the pace was no less hectic. However, I just want to tell everybody that they should have confidence in themselves and the most important is to believe in yourself. Use your positive points to the maximum. I feel my confidence enabled me to reach the top ten. I am happy that I made my country proud. If I would have had time to prepare for the talent round, I know I could have given a better fight but I have no regrets as I am very happy content with my result."

She is thrilled with the reactions of her fans too. "It's nice to see that my character Piya has become very famous and that they love my jodi with Abhay. For now, I am looking forward to the leap in Pyaar Ki Ye Ek kahaani and I am also learning how to play piano."

Thanks for the article...

oww... my sweet sukku rocks !!!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ
Heartiest congratulations to Sukirti. I'm glad her hard work paid off. Reaching the Top 10 and winning Bollywood Diva is a big achievement. Not to mention a good break from the monotonous shooting schedules. Change of atmosphere did her good, hopefully!

Thanks for sharing! πŸ˜ƒ
thanks 4 sharing
sukirti khandpal rocksss.

STAR One's most loved show Pyaar Ke Ye Ek Kahaani, πŸ˜›πŸ˜ƒ
love dis line.
Edited by Tasha4ever - 12 years ago
suku u rock. luv u and u'r acting.Edited by anurag24t - 12 years ago
congrats...sukirti...love u alot...frnds wanna tell u smethng...sukku replied me today on her fb..i am just feeling awesome...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and suku tussi gr8 ho...perfect in everyway!
i want her to become bollywood actress😊
Oh GOD..what a rejuvinating article to read..from a deserved actor..to be in limelight unlike others..!THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING YAAR..!!Gosh the heading .."star one's most loved show.."Aw..it made my heart feel proud & swell as if I myslef haev produced the show you know..even Ekta wouldnt have felt soo happy..πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

Awww..my dearest  SUKU ..yaar is so sweet na..!! you just see her answers..& you will know how mature & sensible she is ..she never fails to PRAISE PKYEK  my happiness has no bounds after I read that she has thanked all her fans for loving her character & her PAIRING WITH ABHAY..hmmm she did not mention it as VIVU..to avoid any clashes ..elsewhere..πŸ˜› As long as they know that we ADORE THEM & are CRAZY for them.together as a pair...its more than enough for me..!!
Suku.. Congratulationsss πŸ₯³
congratz once again!
thnx for sharing TM.
Poor thing, had to kill lots of sleep probabaly. great that she had fun.

She is thrilled with the reactions of her fans too. "It's nice to see that my character Piya has become very famous and that they love my jodi with Abhay. For now, I am looking forward to the leap in Pyaar Ki Ye Ek kahaani and I am also learning how to play piano."

^^She always acknowledges the fans love for her 'work' and Abhiya in articles. thats what i like to see:) They sure seem to love doing the scenes as obvious from the screaming and intense chemistry and from interviews before... wish media and the other part ermm 'side' was also acknowledging it in articles and wasnt so igonrant towards expressing his proffesion, that is  fans love in him for Abhiya. For the great coact and some off the fun offscreens that we know they have many off. 
Edited by xMarisax - 12 years ago