Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Freida Pinto Spotted at the France Airport (Page 7)

.driftingaway IF-Sizzlerz
.driftingaway
.driftingaway

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:20am | IP Logged

I would have agreed with your point versace, if not for the fact that in order to be a hotshot, in hollywood's criteria you don't exactly need stupendous acting skills. Why is Freida Pinto being singled out, when we have talentless people like Katie Price, Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole, megan Fox, Kim Kadarshian etc. still surviving, and going strong when they have no commendable work to their names? They are doing whatever they can do to survive and milking the success and attention they have garnered ... every celeb does it.  These people seem to have their fair share of haters and lovers too. I don't understand why Freida is constantly scrutinized, She's not the best actress out there, and to be honest her performance in SDM was not ground breaking, but the girl has still made it to the top. All alone. So, props to her for that. She's doing well for herself, and I  can't find myself to be bitter over that, when so many other celebrities make it through and are treated like demi gods without having any talent whatsoever.

This coming from a non indian, I find Freida to be absolutely gorgeous. I don't know where all this 'westerners hate freida' thing is coming from. Some like her, and some are neutral when it comes to her, but i don't think there is any hating going on. Actually I think celebrities like Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry have started to receive a lot of flak these days. Go read the user comments on the daily mail. Absolutely hillarious.LOL
I find it hillarious of how critical some parts of the bollywood industry is towards Freida LOL sour grapes much.

Edited by driftingaway - 24 May 2011 at 4:28am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

v3RsaceNuktaacheenDexterkichokri

v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by driftingaway

I would have agreed with your point versace, if not for the fact that in order to be a hotshot, in hollywood's criteria you don't exactly need stupendous acting skills. Why is Freida Pinto being singled out, when we have talentless people like Katie Price, Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole, megan Fox, Kim Kadarshian etc. still surviving, and going strong when they have no commendable work to their names? They are doing whatever they can do to survive and milking the success and attention they have garnered ... every celeb does it.  These people seem to have their fair share of haters and lovers too. I don't understand why Freida is constantly scrutinized, She's not the best actress out there, and to be honest her performance in SDM was not ground breaking, but the girl has still made it to the top. All alone. So, props to her for that. She's doing well for herself, and I  can't find myself to be bitter over that, when so many other celebrities make it through and are treated like demi gods without having any talent whatsoever.

This coming from a non indian, I find Freida to be absolutely gorgeous. I don't know where all this 'westerners hate freida' thing is coming from. Some like her, and some are neutral when it comes to her, but i don't think there is any hating going on. Actually I think celebrities like Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry have started to receive a lot of flak these days. Go read the user comments on the daily mail. Absolutely hillarious.LOL
I find it hillarious of how critical some parts of the bollywood industry is towards Freida LOL sour grapes much.

Bollywood industry being harsh on Frieda is understandable. They rejected her and now she is shining in hollywood, which bollywood dreams of becoming someday. It can't be anything but sour grapes. LOL

Your post was an awesome read and did a well job of explaining my stand too. Thanks for understanding where I am coming from. I was not denying Freida her staying power. That belongs to her account fair and square. It's just that for someone who knows actors and actresses mostly through their movies, the hoopla that surrounds her is beyond reason. Boy, am I tired of repeating myself in a never ending loop. lol. 

Kim Kardashian...just the name is more than enough to crack me up. LOLI agree that hollywood is full of overrated prats too. I wasn't particularly picking on Freida here. That's my take on pretty much every hollywood actor and actress who make it through sidejobs instead of real work. No wonder they say I come across as a cynical freak.LOL

Anyways, later.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.driftingaway

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _VERSACE_

Oh absolutely. I don't jump into discussions to convince the other party that I'm right and they're wrong. It would be ridiculous on my part to expect someone to change the way they think by merely sharing a few thoughts in an online forum. I am definitely not looking for converts here. In fact, it's the difference in our opinions that stimulate the discussions here.

Apparently, your approach is starkly different from mine and I can accept as well as tolerate the difference.  But you are casting aspersions on my way of looking at things by saying that I look at the world through a bubble. I can give your viewpoint a name too if I wanted to but I won't because I understand that each person has his own personal perspective and choice and there's no right or wrong way of looking at things. 

yes, our approaches are obviously different... and my purpose is not to 'convince' or 'convert' others either, but merely address some of the questions/points raised earlier... and if you don't like it, then i suggest you shouldn't tell people either what they are supposedly 'hung on on'!  Tongue instead of answering or directing your comment towards my comment, you go into physics, then it's only fair i point out Newton's third law... i'm sure you know what that is...!   TongueTongue

Since I don't keep tabs on Frieda's life, I wouldn't know what is still keeping her career intact. What I know of her work so far is her appearance in SDM which I found pretty average. It opened the doors to hollywood for her, which is understandable. But it's about time she gave something new to people to talk about. To people who don't care about celebrities beyond their movies. But yes, you're right, I do believe that Freida must be doing all the right things at the right places to still be on the limelight without contributing much in terms of acting. So it's not that I am denying her credit where it's due. 
Also, ideally speaking, if you've taken up acting as your career, your acting is supposed to prompt that hype, not something else. Of course, that's not to say that I support other actors who draw attention without acting. Just that since we're talking about Freida here, it's her who gets put on the chopping block, not someone else. 

again, you're still talking about SDM... perhaps, a look at her filmography would help...!  just because she has not done mostly hindi movies, does not mean that SDM is the ONLY movie she has done... again, that was pointed out earlier...!   TongueTongue

if you do believe that, then that's fine... 

Oh, that was just an observation - the amount of flak Kat/Deep/Sonam receive here for their lack of acting skills. It wasn't directed at you in particular. 

mine was also an observation, which happens to be true for most part... and not just on the forum here, but also in truth... desi people for the most part, usually are hardly happy to see other desis succeed, especially in the west... TongueTongueTongue  kat/deepika/sonam may get a lot of flak on the forum, but their popularity says quite a lot in itself... don't you agree..?  Wink

robfanatic

robfanatic Groupbie
robfanatic
robfanatic

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by driftingaway

I would have agreed with your point versace, if not for the fact that in order to be a hotshot, in hollywood's criteria you don't exactly need stupendous acting skills. Why is Freida Pinto being singled out, when we have talentless people like Katie Price, Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole, megan Fox, Kim Kadarshian etc.still surviving, and going strong when they have no commendable work to their names? They are doingwhatever they can do to survive and milking the success and attention they have garnered ... everyceleb does it. Thesepeople seem to have their fair share of haters and lovers too. I don't understand why Freida is constantly scrutinized, She's not the best actress out there, and to be honest her performance in SDM was not ground breaking, but the girl has still made it to the top. All alone. So, props to her for that. She's doing well for herself, and Ican't find myselftobe bitter overthat, when so many other celebrities make it through and are treated like demi gods without havingany talent whatsoever.

</div>This coming from a non indian, I find Freida to be absolutely gorgeous. I don't know where all this 'westerners hate freida' thing is coming from. Some like her, and some are neutral when it comes to her, but i don't think there is any hating going on. Actually I think celebrities like Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry have started to receive a lot of flak these days. Go read the user comments on the daily mail. Absolutely hillarious.LOL

I find it hillarious of how criticalsomeparts ofthebollywood industry is towards Freida LOLsour grapes much.

<div><font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Bollywood industry being harsh on Frieda is understandable. They rejected her and now she is shining in hollywood, which bollywood dreams of becoming someday. It can't be anything but sour grapes.LOL</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">
</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Your post was an awesome read and did a well job of explaining my stand too. Thanks for understanding where I am coming from. I was not denying Freida her staying power. That belongs to her account fair and square. It's just that for someone who knows actors and actresses mostly through their movies, the hoopla that surrounds her is beyond reason. Boy, am I tired of repeating myself in a never ending loop. lol.</font>
</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Kim Kardashian...just the name is more than enough to crack me up.LOLI agree that hollywood is full of overrated prats too. I wasn't particularly picking on Freida here. That's my take on pretty much every hollywood actor and actress who make it through sidejobs instead of real work. No wonder they say I come across as a cynical freak.LOL</font>
</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Anyways, later.</font>
Im glad you understood that ur comments are ridiculous.If freida is overrated,so are all the other top stars in the world.I don't get why indians like u often make nasty comments about her alone when there are so many talentless indian stars like katrina and deepika who don't receive even 1% hatred freida gets from indian ppl.
robfanatic Groupbie
robfanatic
robfanatic

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif"><font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Oh absolutely. </font></font><font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">I don't jump into discussions to convince the other party that I'm right and they're wrong.It would be ridiculous on my part to expect someone to change the way they think by merely sharing a few thoughts in an online forum. I am definitely not looking for converts here. In fact, it's the difference in our opinions that stimulate the discussions here.</font>

<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Apparently, your approach is starkly different from mine and I can accept as well as tolerate the difference.But you are casting aspersions on my way of looking at things by saying that I look at the world through a bubble. I can give your viewpoint a name too if I wanted to but I won't because I understand that each person has his own personal perspective and choice and there's no right or wrong way of looking at things.</font>
</strong>
<font color="#000000"><font face="Comic Sans MS">yes, our approaches are obviously different... and my purpose is not to 'convince' or 'convert' others either,but merely address some of the questions/points raised earlier... and if you don't like it, then i suggest you shouldn'ttellpeopleeither whatthey are supposedly 'hung on on'! Tongue instead of answering or directing your comment towards my comment, you go into physics, then it's only fair i point out Newton's third law... i'm sure you know what that is...! Tongue</font></font>Tongue
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Since I don't keep tabs on Frieda's life, I wouldn't know what is still keeping her career intact. What I know of her work so far is her appearance in SDM which I found pretty average.It opened the doors to hollywood for her, which is understandable.But it's about time she gave something new to people to talk about. To people who don't care about celebrities beyond their movies. But yes, you're right, I do believe that Freida must be doing all the right things at the right places to still be on the limelight without contributing much in terms of acting. So it's not that I am denying her credit where it's due.</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Also, ideally speaking, if you've taken up acting as your career, your acting is supposed to prompt that hype, not something else.Of course, that's not to say that I support other actors who draw attention without acting. Just that since we're talking about Freida here, it's her who gets put on the chopping block, not someone else.</font>
<font color="#000000"><font face="Comic Sans MS">again, you're still talking about SDM... perhaps, a look at her filmography would help...! just because she has not done mostly hindi movies, does not mean that SDM is the ONLY movie she has done... again, that was pointed out earlier...! Tongue</font></font>Tongue
<font face="Comic Sans MS">if you do believe that, then that's fine...</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Oh, that was just an observation - the amount of flak Kat/Deep/Sonam receive here for their lack of acting skills. It wasn't directed at you in particular.</font>
<strong>
<font color="#000000" face="Comic Sans MS">mine was also an observation, which happens to be true for most part... and not just on the forum here, but also in truth... desi people for the most part, usually are hardly happy to see other desis succeed, especially in the west... TongueTongueTonguekat/deepika/sonam may get a lot of flak on the forum, but their popularity says quite a lot in itself... don't you agree..? Wink</font>

Nukta i agree with u.Bolly stars like sonam,ash,katrinaand deepika might receive some flak frm few in this forums and in other sites.But in general they all have huge fanbase all over india.But in case of freida its a well known fact that most of the indians hate her and consider her as ugly/avg looking

Nuktaacheen

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
I would say MOST Indians are indifferent to Frieda  - MOST indians do not hate her.
Why in the orld would Frieda have a huge fanbase in India ? She does not act in Indian movies and is not a star for them  so no fanbase simple as that. We thrive on escapist cinema and larger than life characters.
Why should the average Indian worship the ground she walks on just because she is an Indian who made it big in Hollywood ?

Nuktaacheen

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwww

I would say MOST Indians are indifferent to Frieda  - MOST indians do not hate her.
Why in the orld would Frieda have a huge fanbase in India ? She does not act in Indian movies and is not a star for them  so no fanbase simple as that. We thrive on escapist cinema and larger than life characters.
Why should the average Indian worship the ground she walks on just because she is an Indian who made it big in Hollywood ?

i don't think ANYONE expects others to worship the ground she walks on just because she's indian and has actually achieved what some of our huge stars couldn't... TongueTongue

however, exaggerated criticism always loses it's value because certain factors tend to be ignored...!  Wink   i don't think people would argue are are even arguing about the lack of a huge fanbase in india..

and i don't think most of the indians are indifferent to her... there is a huge divide among those who do KNOW of her... i'll say it's about 80/20, if i have to guess... then again, don't quote me on that... it could very well be 75/25... how the ratio works, i'm sure everyone can figure out... Wink

the media is doing their jobs... they will post pictures of stars who will get them attention... it's as simple as that...! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwDexterkichokri

TintinleMechant IF-Dazzler
TintinleMechant
TintinleMechant

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by robfanatic

Im glad you understood that ur comments are ridiculous.If freida is overrated,so are all the other top stars in the world.I don't get why indians like u often make nasty comments about her alone when there are so many talentless indian stars like katrina and deepika who don't receive even 1% hatred freida gets from indian ppl.

If you want to stick up for a star then do it, but i didn't find VERSACE's comments ridiculous at all. When did she make any nasty comments? Frieda's succes is overrated. And thats not even stretching it. Also, so what if other top stars are overrated? Are we talking about them? Just because people feel frieda is overrated it doesn't mean they want her to fail, but perhaps work harder to earn her success. And personally, i would like to keep seeing her in hollywood, and like versace said, it would be nice to see her show her acting skills so that her credit is more well deserved.  Katrina gets plenty of hatred from indian people, and also the woman in the BW industry -_- so your points are just as skewed as you think versaces is.

Edited by masakaliii - 24 May 2011 at 8:58am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

v3Rsace-PoisonIvy-

Go to top