Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Freida Pinto Spotted at the France Airport (Page 3)

v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

LOLLOL   honestly, why the heck not...?

isn't it all about publicity nowadays...?  even a minisha lamba who has literally NO memorable roles or anything substantial to her credit makes news... so why not Frieda... she is known for her fashion, and her accomplishments outside of India, do put Indians out there on the map... TongueTongue

amusing still... some superstar's sister or wife would also make news, considering they have NO bollywood movies... at least, Frieda has one movie to her credit... WinkTongueTongue

...and we meet again. ;)

Here's the thing. It's been more than two years since SDM came out. You'd think that it would run its course by now, but apparently, not. Even then, Dev Patel, who had a much more compelling role as well as more screen time, is nowhere to be seen whereas Frieda, who only had a couple of snippets in it, still gets her face to the papers upon being spotted at airports, malls, diners, etc. at the rate of at least one a month. The reason being? She's the SDM fame.
I've been hearing the same old reason for gazillion times now...Pinch If she had some more well received movies under her belt, then perhaps I wouldn't find the hype that follows her so gross. 
And yes, I agree that Frieda isn't the first and last person to be hyped up for just showing her face in a movie that happened to hit the jackpot. But just because a lot of such overrated cases exist does not mean that we should perpetuate it by giving it a stamp of approval, does it?

doser Senior Member
doser
doser

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _VERSACE_

LOLLOL honestly, why the heck not...?
isn't it all about publicity nowadays...? even a minisha lamba who has literally NO memorable roles or anything substantial to her credit makes news... so why not Frieda... she is known for her fashion, and her accomplishments outside of India, do put Indians out there on the map... TongueTongue
amusing still...some superstar'ssisteror wife would also make news, considering they have NO bollywood movies...at least, Frieda has one movie to her credit... WinkTongueTongue

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">...and we meet again.</font></font> <font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">;)

Here's the thing. It's been more than two years since SDM came out. You'd think that it would run its course by now, but apparently, not. Even then, Dev
Patel, who had a much more compelling role as well as more screen time, is nowhere
to be seen whereas Frieda, who only had a couple of snippets in it, still gets
her face to the papers upon being spotted at airports, malls, diners, etc. at the rate of at least one a month. The reason being? She's the SDM fame. </font>
</font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">I've been hearing the same old reason for gazillion times now...Pinch If she had some more well received movies under her belt, then perhaps I wouldn't find the hype that follows her so gross. </font></font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And yes, I agree that Frieda isn't the first and last person to be hyped up for just showing her face in a movie that happened to hit the jackpot. But just because a lot of such overrated cases exist does not
mean that we should perpetuate it by giving it a stamp of approval, does
it?

</font>
</font>
The reason dev patel never get as much publicity/paparazzi attention is simply because he is not attractive and there is nothing interesting for the media to write about him.And also mostly male actors in general never gets as much publicity as actresses due to this reason.Even in india sonam kapoor is seen in more magazine covers and there is so much more hype about her than srk.why is no one here calling her overrated?
doser Senior Member
doser
doser

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:15am | IP Logged

isn't it all about publicity nowadays...? even a minisha lamba who has literally NO memorable roles or anything substantial to her credit makes news... so why not Frieda... she is known for her fashion, and her accomplishments outside of India, do put Indians out there on the map... TongueTongue
amusing still...some superstar'ssisteror wife would also make news, considering they have NO bollywood movies...at least, Frieda has one movie to her credit... WinkTongueTongue

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">...and we meet again.</font></font> <font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">;)

Here's the thing. It's been more than two years since SDM came out. You'd think that it would run its course by now, but apparently, not. Even then, Dev
Patel, who had a much more compelling role as well as more screen time, is nowhere
her face to the papers upon being spotted at airports, malls, diners, etc. at the rate of at least one a month. The reason being? She's the SDM fame. </font>
</font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">I've been hearing the same old reason for gazillion times now...Pinch If she had some more well received movies under her belt, then perhaps I wouldn't find the hype that follows her so gross. </font></font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And yes, I agree that Frieda isn't the first and last person to be hyped up for just showing her face in a movie that happened to hit the jackpot. But just because a lot of such overrated cases exist does not
it?

</font>
</font>
freida has done 6 holly film after slumdog.This year she will have two big releases(apes prequel and Immortals).she is not known as SDM film Girl like u said. she is more popular for her looks,dressing sense and she has also done photoshoots for magazines even in countries like poland,croatia(cosmo),german(elle,vogue,GQ),sweden(cosmo) etc

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusNuktaacheenDexterkichokri

Sadia.khan IF-Dazzler
Sadia.khan
Sadia.khan

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:06am | IP Logged
awesome as always... Embarrassed

Edited by Saddiakhan - 21 May 2011 at 9:06am
v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by radsuinda

it?

</font>
</font>
The reason dev patel never get as much publicity/paparazzi attention is simply because he is not attractive and there is nothing interesting for the media to write about him.And also mostly male actors in general never gets as much publicity as actresses due to this reason.Even in india sonam kapoor is seen in more magazine covers and there is so much more hype about her than srk.why is no one here calling her overrated?

Let me guess why no one is calling sonam kapoor overrated in this thread. Umm...because the topic of this thread is Freida and not Sonam? If this was something to do with Sonam or Sonakshi or some other overrated actor, I would have still maintained my stance. Take my words for it if you can.

v3Rsace Goldie
v3Rsace
v3Rsace

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 5:29pm | IP Logged

it?

</font>
</font>
freida has done 6 holly film after slumdog.This year she will have two big releases(apes prequel and Immortals).she is not known as SDM film Girl like u said. she is more popular for her looks,dressing sense and she has also done photoshoots for magazines even in countries like poland,croatia(cosmo),german(elle,vogue,GQ),sweden(cosmo) etc

It doesn't take rocket science to have a good dressing sense. All it takes is enough money to shell out on designer brands and some common sense. Trust me on that. And that's precisely my point. Freida is getting it for her "looks," her "dressing sense," and her photoshoots. She's getting it for everything but ACTING. That's why I find her overrated. What's funny is that people agree that she is overrated and actually support the hype just because there are a lot of other such cases.

And no, they're still not over the SDM fever. I was flipping over the pages of Glamor the other day and Frieda was there along with Ashley Greene and some other actresses and like always, was labelled "the SDM fame" there. Jeez. God knows when they're gonna get over it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchick

doser Senior Member
doser
doser

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:00pm | IP Logged

</div>
<div>

it?

</font>
</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">It doesn't take rocket science to have a good dressing sense. </font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">All it takes is enough money to shell out on designer brands and some common sense. </font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">Trust me on that.</font></font> <font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And that's precisely my point. Freida is getting it for her "looks," her "dressing sense," and her photoshoots. She's getting it for everything but ACTING. That's why I find her overrated. What's funny is that people agree that she is overrated and actually support the hype just because there are a lot of other such cases. </font></font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And no, they're still not over the SDM fever. I was flipping over the pages of Glamor the other day and Frieda was there along with Ashley Greene and some other actresses and like always, was labelled "the SDM fame" there. Jeez. God knows when they're gonna get over it. </font></font>
why is that its only in south asia(india,paki) people find her overrated?? I have never seen any of westerners calling her overrated or avg looking...As far as the glamour mag i have too read the interview ur talking abt.They never mentioned her as sdm fame.she is in holly only for 2 years.After slumdog she did only 2 indie films.so its natural that some section of media might still call her sdm fame as it grossed over 1800 crs and made her more recognisable than dev.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusrobfanaticNuktaacheenDexterkichokri

doser Senior Member
doser
doser

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:02pm | IP Logged

</div>
<div>

it?

</font>
</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">It doesn't take rocket science to have a good dressing sense. </font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">All it takes is enough money to shell out on designer brands and some common sense. </font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">Trust me on that.</font></font> <font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And that's precisely my point. Freida is getting it for her "looks," her "dressing sense," and her photoshoots. She's getting it for everything but ACTING. That's why I find her overrated. What's funny is that people agree that she is overrated and actually support the hype just because there are a lot of other such cases. </font></font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And no, they're still not over the SDM fever. I was flipping over the pages of Glamor the other day and Frieda was there along with Ashley Greene and some other actresses and like always, was labelled "the SDM fame" there. Jeez. God knows when they're gonna get over it. </font></font>

Go to top