Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: robfanatic

I hope u ready my prev comments properly.I never said her comment is nasty.I just said it was stupid because she was comparing freida with a much loved superstar like katrina.

"I don't get why indians like u often make nasty comments "

... so . Anyway, i didnt bring up the katrina - frieda comparision. You mentioned kat as someone who is sooo loved which is not true. Of course she has a bigger fanbase in India than Frieda, obviously. Frieda hasnt done any Indian films, and her target audience isn't indians. Why are you so surprised?

robfanatic thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: masakaliii

</div>

<div>

"<font size="4">I don't get why indians like u often make nasty comments "</font>

<font size="2">... so. Anyway, i didnt bring up the katrina - frieda comparision. You mentioned kat as someone who is sooo loved which is not true. Of course she has a bigger fanbase in India than Frieda, obviously. Frieda hasnt done any Indian films, and her target audience isn't indians. Why are you so surprised? </font>

katrina definitely has bigger fanbase than even ash and kareena.Im not saying indians should love her(freida).Im just asking them to stop making abusive comments about her.Because lot of ppl in the west have started becoming more aware of the fact that its only indians who make negative/abusive comments in the net.Just check out any of her article in Just jared,dailymail or any other holly sites.There are lot of ppl calling indians as racist /white wannabes for hating freida.In the last one year alone there were articles in US magazines like marieclaire, People, O(oprah ) ,Essence and Nyt about how indians hate and find her avg looking.
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

i don't think ANYONE expects others to worship the ground she walks on just because she's indian and has actually achieved what some of our huge stars couldn't... 😛😛

however, exaggerated criticism always loses it's value because certain factors tend to be ignored...!  😉   i don't think people would argue are are even arguing about the lack of a huge fanbase in india..

and i don't think most of the indians are indifferent to her... there is a huge divide among those who do KNOW of her... i'll say it's about 80/20, if i have to guess... then again, don't quote me on that... it could very well be 75/25... how the ratio works, i'm sure everyone can figure out... 😉

the media is doing their jobs... they will post pictures of stars who will get them attention... it's as simple as that...! 

Valid points I didnt read thru all the pages here so I am not into the whole discussion. I have problems when people paint a certain country with such broad strokes. If Most Indians hated Frieda the Indian media would nto cover her they way they do. How is this generalization any less judgemental than the folks calling Frieda a one trick pony ? Its like everytime an article a bout her is posted one is supposed to gush about her if not  it is hating on her. Edited by qwww - 12 years ago
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Originally posted by: qwww

Valid points I didnt read thru all the pages here so I am not into the whole discussion. I have problems when people paint a certain country with such broad strokes. If Most Indians hated Frieda the Indian media would nto cover her they way they do. How is this generalization any less judgemental than the folks calling Frieda a one trick pony ? Its like everytime an article a bout her is posted one is supposed to gush about her if not  it is hating on her.

well, my initial argument wasn't even about that... it was regarding the comment that her only claim to fame was her couple mintues in SDM a lifetime ago... just because people choose to highlight one factor only, does not mean only one factor fits into the equation... rest are points, which i did not make... and i think in this case, i will reserve my judgement...!  😛😛

and yes, i can see why you would have an issue... i don't blame you... however, media and general perceptions aren't always hand in hand... the thing is, i'm quite aware of the factors that endear her to the public, and the factors which do not... people can have their preference, that is fine..

and regarding generalizations... since some people have already brought in physics... every action has an equal and opposite reaction...!  😉

i for one, do not expect praise overload for her... and infact, i have previously asked the mods, whether we should even continue to allow news for frieda to be posted in bolly... but if the mods are going to allow it, i'll deal with it like a regular topic... so yes, no expectations about people 'gushing' about her whatsoever...
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sanam are you studying science now  ? Quoting  Newton's laws of motion and all 😆 
Yeah I just read the last comment and jumped in to the ring 😛.

Easy_A thumbnail
Easy_A thumbnail
Originally posted by: robfanatic

Im glad you understood that ur comments are ridiculous.If freida is overrated,so are all the other top stars in the world.I don't get why indians like u often make nasty comments about her alone when there are so many talentless indian stars like katrina and deepika who don't receive even 1% hatred freida gets from indian ppl.

You know what, li'l girl? I have had it up to here with you. I am politely making my points whereas you are continuously resorting to personal attacks. I let them slide a couple of times before but my patience is over now. Now take this - What you have been saying all along make absolutely no sense. Firstly, you are calling my comments ridiculous, nasty, and all that crap when I haven't said anything that borders on "nasty" to her or you. And then you're assuming that I'm an Indian and making an absolutely groundless claim that majority of the Indians hate on Freida. When I asked you to back up your claim, you went quiet. The next thing I know, you quote my response to driftingaway and call my points ridiculous, nasty, yada yada yada. At the same time, you're also claiming that Katrina and Deepika don't get any criticism when anyone with half a brain can see the flak they take here every. darn. day. In one word, your argument (if there was ever one) is highly biased and groundless, which I don't have time for. So don't mind if I ignore you going onwards, okay?
Easy_A thumbnail
Originally posted by: masakaliii

If you want to stick up for a star then do it, but i didn't find VERSACE's comments ridiculous at all. When did she make any nasty comments? Frieda's succes is overrated. And thats not even stretching it. Also, so what if other top stars are overrated? Are we talking about them? Just because people feel frieda is overrated it doesn't mean they want her to fail, but perhaps work harder to earn her success. And personally, i would like to keep seeing her in hollywood, and like versace said, it would be nice to see her show her acting skills so that her credit is more well deserved.  Katrina gets plenty of hatred from indian people, and also the woman in the BW industry -_- so your points are just as skewed as you think versaces is.

Her points you say? What points? She's been throwing around a bunch of tall claims like "all the indians hate on freida"..."indians like you put down freida"..."girls of south asian ethnicity don't find freida beautiful" yada yada yada. and when someone asks her to back up her claims, she just goes on with yet another spree of similar groundless claims. Since I realized that I'm getting into a vicious circle with her I called it a day. 
Edited by _VERSACE_ - 12 years ago
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Originally posted by: qwww

Sanam are you studying science now  ? Quoting  Newton's laws of motion and all 😆 

Yeah I just read the last comment and jumped in to the ring 😛.

😆😆😆  hardly... physics has always been my strong subject... it has been ages since i studied it, but i do know how to counter one theory with another...!  😉😆😆 

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Originally posted by: _VERSACE_

Now you are hung up on my usage of "hung up on".😆 Just kidding. I wasn't even using it in a pejorative manner, it's just a turn of phrase that comes naturally to me when I want to call someone out on their persistent outlook on something. There. Better?
And please, I wasn't trying to employ Physics into the discussion. Only God knows how much I curse that thing called Physics everyday.😆 Theory of relativity can be employed in a regular conversation too without treading into Physics and Newton's laws of motion. Since I noticed that you tend to look at the whole shebang as opposed to me who looks at one thing at a time, I brought up the theory of relativity to put our differences into perspective. For God's sake, how does that warrant such a caustic reaction from you?

😆😆😆  i was hardly 'caustic' in my remarks... and isn't it exactly what you're saying now... i just put it in simpler words...!   😉😛😛   perhaps, you should consider your own comments, instead of lecturing others of being 'caustic' and all that jazz...!

looking at one thing at a time... isn't that exactly how the flowchart works... how do you expect to reach the conclusion, if you don't consider all the points...!   😛😛

in any case... just as you brought in theory of relativity to put our differences into perspective (though, why that was needed, i don't get...)... since, i don't come here to tell people whether they wake up on the wrong side of bed, or how they view the world... but if you dish it out, be prepared to take it in as well, instead of complaining...!   😛😛😛

Quote me where I said that SDM is the ONLY movie she's done so far? If you go over my posts with a cool head, you will see that the overall point I'm trying doggone hard to make since the past few days is that Freida's work, considering it alone, does not warrant the amount of hype she gets. And that is strictly my opinion. If you believe that her body of work does deserve the hype, that is absolutely fine with me. Just don't expect me to appreciate or agree with it.

why don't you check your own comments on the very first page...!   😛😛   your opinion seems to have changed, then looking at the overall picture... you think she's overrated still, and that's fine... isn't everyone...?  😉😛😛

Is that your perception of desis living in the west? That they are hardly happy to see other desis succeed? Not that this has anything to do with the topic and I hate to be disagreeableTongue, but I think that depends on what kind of desis you been hanging out with. Perhaps I have been hanging out with the right ones, hence I don't think so lowly of them. 
Anyways, coming back to the point, perhaps you got the impression that I am not happy to see Freida's success. But that couldn't be further from the truth. We both agree with the end, i.e. Freida's success. It's the means that I have a problem with. How hard is that to comprehend? Sheesh!

lowly...?  😆😆  no, i don't hang out with such desis, not that it's any of your business...!  😛😛  look at any job field, you'll see similar trends... and it's not ALL, it's the majority... there are exceptions everywhere... world is not black and white you know... perhaps, you are too young right now to have experienced such things, but it does not matter...

nah... i am not under any impression, and i don't form conclusions of other people's life based on their comments... seems like that is your hobby, but i assure you, it hardly interests me...

and as i have said it earlier, i really do not care what you have problems with... world is not out there to appease each and everyone... there's no magic science behind that either, that you can't comprehend, and continue to repeat points, by becoming more and more personal...!  😛😛😛😛 

Not that this has anything to do with my point but just to touch on that bit about Kat/Deep/Sonam, they are popular because badnaami mein bhi "naam" chupi hoti hai. As long as people either love or hate them and not ignore them, they will continue to grow popular.

exactly... and that is something that i always say... 😛😛

hum taalib-e-shuhrat hain, humen nang se kya kaam
badnaam agar hon ge, to kya naam na ho ga...!  😉😛

that's by Ghalib, btw...!   😉

p.s.  if you have issues with the response of certain people, you can always report those comments... you certainly do not need to redirect them towards me... just because some people might be okay with them, i certainly am not...!   😛   it's kinda amusing to me... on one hand, you find comments which suggest you're making 'nasty, etc.' comments out of line (which i have to agree with), but on the other hand, you also make personal comments, which are also out of line... espcially comments about other people's personality (not only in this topic but others as well)... in any case... just something i noticed... but hey, whatever floats your boat...!  😉😛😛Edited by Nuktaacheen - 12 years ago