Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

robfanatic thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: _VERSACE_

<div><font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Bollywood industry being harsh on Frieda is understandable. They rejected her and now she is shining in hollywood, which bollywood dreams of becoming someday. It can't be anything but sour grapes.😆</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">
</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Your post was an awesome read and did a well job of explaining my stand too. Thanks for understanding where I am coming from. I was not denying Freida her staying power. That belongs to her account fair and square. It's just that for someone who knows actors and actresses mostly through their movies, the hoopla that surrounds her is beyond reason. Boy, am I tired of repeating myself in a never ending loop. lol.</font>
</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Kim Kardashian...just the name is more than enough to crack me up.😆I agree that hollywood is full of overrated prats too. I wasn't particularly picking on Freida here. That's my take on pretty much every hollywood actor and actress who make it through sidejobs instead of real work. No wonder they say I come across as a cynical freak.😆</font>
</font>
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Anyways, later.</font>

Im glad you understood that ur comments are ridiculous.If freida is overrated,so are all the other top stars in the world.I don't get why indians like u often make nasty comments about her alone when there are so many talentless indian stars like katrina and deepika who don't receive even 1% hatred freida gets from indian ppl.
robfanatic thumbnail
Nukta i agree with u.Bolly stars like sonam,ash,katrinaand deepika might receive some flak frm few in this forums and in other sites.But in general they all have huge fanbase all over india.But in case of freida its a well known fact that most of the indians hate her and consider her as ugly/avg looking
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I would say MOST Indians are indifferent to Frieda  - MOST indians do not hate her.
Why in the orld would Frieda have a huge fanbase in India ? She does not act in Indian movies and is not a star for them  so no fanbase simple as that. We thrive on escapist cinema and larger than life characters.
Why should the average Indian worship the ground she walks on just because she is an Indian who made it big in Hollywood ?

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwww

I would say MOST Indians are indifferent to Frieda  - MOST indians do not hate her.

Why in the orld would Frieda have a huge fanbase in India ? She does not act in Indian movies and is not a star for them  so no fanbase simple as that. We thrive on escapist cinema and larger than life characters.
Why should the average Indian worship the ground she walks on just because she is an Indian who made it big in Hollywood ?

i don't think ANYONE expects others to worship the ground she walks on just because she's indian and has actually achieved what some of our huge stars couldn't... 😛😛

however, exaggerated criticism always loses it's value because certain factors tend to be ignored...!  😉   i don't think people would argue are are even arguing about the lack of a huge fanbase in india..

and i don't think most of the indians are indifferent to her... there is a huge divide among those who do KNOW of her... i'll say it's about 80/20, if i have to guess... then again, don't quote me on that... it could very well be 75/25... how the ratio works, i'm sure everyone can figure out... 😉

the media is doing their jobs... they will post pictures of stars who will get them attention... it's as simple as that...! 
TintinleMechant thumbnail

Originally posted by: robfanatic

Im glad you understood that ur comments are ridiculous.If freida is overrated,so are all the other top stars in the world.I don't get why indians like u often make nasty comments about her alone when there are so many talentless indian stars like katrina and deepika who don't receive even 1% hatred freida gets from indian ppl.

If you want to stick up for a star then do it, but i didn't find VERSACE's comments ridiculous at all. When did she make any nasty comments? Frieda's succes is overrated. And thats not even stretching it. Also, so what if other top stars are overrated? Are we talking about them? Just because people feel frieda is overrated it doesn't mean they want her to fail, but perhaps work harder to earn her success. And personally, i would like to keep seeing her in hollywood, and like versace said, it would be nice to see her show her acting skills so that her credit is more well deserved.  Katrina gets plenty of hatred from indian people, and also the woman in the BW industry -_- so your points are just as skewed as you think versaces is.

Edited by masakaliii - 12 years ago
robfanatic thumbnail

Originally posted by: masakaliii

</div>
<div>

If you want to stick up for a star then do it, but i didn't find VERSACE's comments ridiculous at all. When did she make any nasty comments? Frieda's succes is overrated.And thats not even stretchingit. Also, so what ifother top stars areoverrated? Are we talking about them? Just because people feel frieda is overrated it doesn't mean they want her to fail, but perhaps work harder to earn her success. Andpersonally, i would like to keep seeing her in hollywood, and like versace said, it would be nice to see her show her acting skills so that her credit is more well deserved. Katrina gets plenty of hatred from indian people, and also the woman in the BW industry -_- so your pointsare just as skewed as you think versaces is.

katrina is one of India's most loved star.I don't get how u can compare her with freida who gets so much of hatred frm ppl and media here.Just read comments abt her in rediff or any other popular indian sites.Most of the comments are like she is ugly/slum girl/maid etc.If u don't still believe me just check out any of freida haters group in facebook.All of them are indians.

Originally posted by: robfanatic

katrina is one of India's most loved star.I don't get how u can compare her with freida who gets so much of hatred frm ppl and media here.Just read comments abt her in rediff or any other popular indian sites.Most of the comments are like she is ugly/slum girl/maid etc.If u don't still believe me just check out any of freida haters group in facebook.All of them are indians.

I'm not denying katrina's popularity, i'm just saying that she gets a lot of backlash as well, especially from indian girls. Who mostly hate her for how succesfull a non-indian can get in bollywood, and how lack of acting skills/hindi knowledge.       Were not children here i dont need to go look up 'rediff' or her facebook group, i understand your point and aknowledge it, i'm just asking you to do the same to my point.
robfanatic thumbnail
I'm not denying katrina's popularity, i'm just saying that she gets a lot of backlash as well, especially from indian girls.Who mostly hate her for how succesfull a non-indian can get in bollywood, and how lack of acting skills/hindi knowledge.       Were not children here i dont need to go look up 'rediff' or her facebook group, i understand your point and aknowledge it, i'm just asking you to do the same to my point.

But there are more number of girls who love her(kat) and consider her a beauty icon.So u could never compare katrina with freida.Maybe with someone like rakhi sawant who has huge num of haters like freida.
^ that also wasn't my main argument. I thought it was rude how you colored Versace's argument as 'ridiculous' and 'nasty' when she was clearly just stateing her own opinion.
robfanatic thumbnail

Originally posted by: masakaliii

^ that also wasn't my main argument. I thought it was rude how you colored Versace's argument as 'ridiculous' and 'nasty' when she was clearly just stateing her own opinion.
<div></div>

I hope u ready my prev comments properly.I never said her comment is nasty.I just said it was stupid because she was comparing freida with a much loved superstar like katrina.