Freida Pinto Spotted at the France Airport - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by radsuinda

freida has done 6 holly film after slumdog.This year she will have two big releases(apes prequel and Immortals).she is not known as SDM film Girl like u said. she is more popular for her looks,dressing sense and she has also done photoshoots for magazines even in countries like poland,croatia(cosmo),german(elle,vogue,GQ),sweden(cosmo) etc

It doesn't take rocket science to have a good dressing sense. All it takes is enough money to shell out on designer brands and some common sense. Trust me on that. And that's precisely my point. Freida is getting it for her "looks," her "dressing sense," and her photoshoots. She's getting it for everything but ACTING. That's why I find her overrated. What's funny is that people agree that she is overrated and actually support the hype just because there are a lot of other such cases.

And no, they're still not over the SDM fever. I was flipping over the pages of Glamor the other day and Frieda was there along with Ashley Greene and some other actresses and like always, was labelled "the SDM fame" there. Jeez. God knows when they're gonna get over it.
Originally posted by _VERSACE_

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">It doesn't take rocket science to have a good dressing sense. </font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">All it takes is enough money to shell out on designer brands and some common sense. </font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">Trust me on that.</font></font> <font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And that's precisely my point. Freida is getting it for her "looks," her "dressing sense," and her photoshoots. She's getting it for everything but ACTING. That's why I find her overrated. What's funny is that people agree that she is overrated and actually support the hype just because there are a lot of other such cases. </font></font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And no, they're still not over the SDM fever. I was flipping over the pages of Glamor the other day and Frieda was there along with Ashley Greene and some other actresses and like always, was labelled "the SDM fame" there. Jeez. God knows when they're gonna get over it. </font></font>
why is that its only in south asia(india,paki) people find her overrated?? I have never seen any of westerners calling her overrated or avg looking...As far as the glamour mag i have too read the interview ur talking abt.They never mentioned her as sdm fame.she is in holly only for 2 years.After slumdog she did only 2 indie films.so its natural that some section of media might still call her sdm fame as it grossed over 1800 crs and made her more recognisable than dev.

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">It doesn't take rocket science to have a good dressing sense. </font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">All it takes is enough money to shell out on designer brands and some common sense. </font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">Trust me on that.</font></font> <font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And that's precisely my point. Freida is getting it for her "looks," her "dressing sense," and her photoshoots. She's getting it for everything but ACTING. That's why I find her overrated. What's funny is that people agree that she is overrated and actually support the hype just because there are a lot of other such cases. </font></font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#660099">And no, they're still not over the SDM fever. I was flipping over the pages of Glamor the other day and Frieda was there along with Ashley Greene and some other actresses and like always, was labelled "the SDM fame" there. Jeez. God knows when they're gonna get over it. </font></font>

why is that its only in south asia(india,paki) people find her overrated?? I have never seen any of westerners calling her overrated or avg looking...As far as the glamour mag i have too read the interview ur talking abt.They never mentioned her as sdm fame.she is in holly only for 2 years.After slumdog she did only 2 indie films.so its natural that some section of media might still call her sdm fame as it grossed over 1800 crs and made her more recognisable than dev.

Truth be told, I wasn't all that blown away by Slumdog Millionaire to start with. I think the entire movie was a fluke. But whether or not I think it deserved to sweep the Oscars, truth is it did and I can do nothing about it. Frieda's success was a consequence of something that I consider a fluke, which makes Freida's success an even bigger fluke in my eyes. All the more so since she a very brief part of the movie. Oh, and it might interest you to know that this is a "westerner" speaking. 

Coming to her looks, it is absolutely useless to argue over looks. One person's goddess can be another person's eyesore. If I don't find her all that she is made out to be, no logic or math equation can alter how she appears to my eyes. So it's useless to question why I don't find her pretty - just because. Also, I am well aware of the dynamics of both hollywood and bollywood and I assure you that my perception has nothing to do with where I live.

To add some final thoughts, I didn't mind the initial media buzz around her but considering that it's been over two years now and she still hasn't given anything substantial so far other than her dressing sense and photoshoots, 
it bothers me to see her still feeding off those few glimpses she had in the movie.

<font><font color="#660099">
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">
Truth be told, I wasn't all that blown away by Slumdog Millionaire to start with. I think the entire movie was a fluke. But whether or not I think it deserved to sweep the Oscars, truth is it did and I can do nothing about it.Frieda's success was a consequence of something that I consider a fluke, which makes Freida's success an even bigger fluke in my eyes. All the more so since she a very brief part of the movie.Oh, and it might interest you to know that this is a "westerner" speaking.

<font color="#660099">Coming to her looks, it is absolutely useless to argue over looks. One person's goddess can be another person's eyesore. If I don't find her all that she is made out to be, no logic or math equation can alter how she appears to my eyes. So it's useless to question why I don't find her pretty - just because. Also, I am well aware of the dynamics of both hollywood and bollywood and I assure you that my perception has nothing to do with where I live.</font>

<font color="#660099">To add some final thoughts, I didn't mind the initial media buzz around her but considering that it's been over two years now and she still hasn't given anything substantial so far other than her dressing sense and photoshoots,</font>
<font color="#660099">it bothers me to see her still feeding off those few glimpses she had in the movie.</font>
</font>
</font></font>
whats ur ethnicity? Are u sure ur not a person of south asian origin?

whats ur ethnicity? Are u sure ur not a person of south asian origin?

Last I checked, my ethnicity was not the topic of discussion. Do you mind?😊
LOL, versace... see that's the thing with free forums, we're bound to cross each other's path... 😉
going pleasantly, i see... 😆😆

alright, in all seriousness... if people find her 'overrated' and her success to be a 'fluke', then really, that's their own opinion... isn't it...?  at the end of the day, we can't control what happens with certain celebs, whether we may like them or not... or whether we find the movies overrated, or what not...

truth is, she is successful... and a lot of people are still famous for their earlier roles... ever heard sean connery still associated with james bonds, and that was a decade ago... that doesn't mean he hasn't done any work afterwards...!  😛😛😛 

and if the media is interested in her news, then that's really that, isn't it...

so really, at the end, if you or whoever else finds her overrated, that's their view really... a lot of bollywood stars are overrated too... just the way it works... wo kya kehte hain... publicity ka khel..!

even aamir khan literally shoved his dear bhanja down everyone's throat, parading him around... and continues to do so, until he'll make a star out of him... 😆😆  really, not much i can do about that...!

everyone does things for publicity... they all have their means... so why in the whole world, frieda's pictures at an airport should be a hullaballo...?  😛😛

<font><font color="#660099">
<font color="#660099" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">
Truth be told, I wasn't all that blown away by Slumdog Millionaire to start with. I think the entire movie was a fluke. But whether or not I think it deserved to sweep the Oscars, truth is it did and I can do nothing about it.Frieda's success was a consequence of something that I consider a fluke, which makes Freida's success an even bigger fluke in my eyes. All the more so since she a very brief part of the movie.Oh, and it might interest you to know that this is a "westerner" speaking.

<font color="#660099">Coming to her looks, it is absolutely useless to argue over looks. One person's goddess can be another person's eyesore. If I don't find her all that she is made out to be, no logic or math equation can alter how she appears to my eyes. So it's useless to question why I don't find her pretty - just because. Also, I am well aware of the dynamics of both hollywood and bollywood and I assure you that my perception has nothing to do with where I live.</font>

<font color="#660099">To add some final thoughts, I didn't mind the initial media buzz around her but considering that it's been over two years now and she still hasn't given anything substantial so far other than her dressing sense and photoshoots,</font>
<font color="#660099">it bothers me to see her still feeding off those few glimpses she had in the movie.</font>
</font>
</font></font>
yeah your right.Im sure if ur in her position you would have turned down all these wonderful oppurtunities to wear fabulous and doing photoshoot for international magazines.Im sure you would have said, " oh I just had 15 mins role in a film.so pls don't give me any attention until i prove my acting skills" If that's the case then even India biggest actress katrina should not be popular...And also just because u live in abroad it doesn't make u a westerner.ppl there would still call u an indian/south asian/arab.Edited by robfanatic - 12 years ago

...and we meet again. ;)

Here's the thing. It's been more than two years since SDM came out. You'd think that it would run its course by now, but apparently, not. Even then, Dev Patel, who had a much more compelling role as well as more screen time, is nowhere to be seen whereas Frieda, who only had a couple of snippets in it, still gets her face to the papers upon being spotted at airports, malls, diners, etc. at the rate of at least one a month. The reason being? She's the SDM fame.
I've been hearing the same old reason for gazillion times now...😵 If she had some more well received movies under her belt, then perhaps I wouldn't find the hype that follows her so gross. 
And yes, I agree that Frieda isn't the first and last person to be hyped up for just showing her face in a movie that happened to hit the jackpot. But just because a lot of such overrated cases exist does not mean that we should perpetuate it by giving it a stamp of approval, does it?

Its not just the SDM craze, SDM came and left 2 years ago and she is the only one who hugely benefited from it. A lot has been said about Frieda's 15 minutes fame which happened 2 years ago. People also said her fame was a flash in the pan and soon she would disappear but she hasn't now, has she? ðŸ˜› If people have not gotten tired of her 15 minutes of fame even after 2 years, I don't think she is going anywhere anytime soon. Her popularity has only increased.The paparazzi and the hollowood big shots love her. No other personality of Indian descent is followed everywhere like her. She dazzles the red carpet, she is on every magazine cover from every country you can think of, every renowned talk show. I don't see her case as any different from say the likes of other hollywood starlets who get followed everywhere and as such I don't find her popularity overrated. 
Originally posted by Dexterphile

Its not just the SDM craze, SDM came and left 2 years ago and she is the only one who hugely benefited from it.A lot has been said about Frieda's 15 minutes fame which happened 2 years ago. People also said her fame was a flash in the pan and soon she would disappear but she hasn't now, has she?😛If people have not gotten tired of her 15 minutes of fame even after 2 years, I don't think she is going anywhere anytime soon. Her popularity has only increased.Thepaparazziand the hollowood big shots love her. No other personality of Indian descent is followed everywhere like her. She dazzles the red carpet, she is on every magazine cover from every country you can think of, every renowned talk show. I don't see her case as any different from say the likes of other hollywood starlets who get followed everywhere and as such I don't find her popularity overrated.
Well said dexter.During the oscar time(2009) many here and other indian sites said she would fade away within few months.But she still manages to get lot of media attention and is seen on the cover of many international magazines despite keeping such a low profile for the past two years.Most importantly she is the only star of south asian origin who is getting leading roles(not supp characters like anil and irfan) in big holly films.