Navya

Am I Right??

nishkala thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
OK this serial is about a traditional girl named Navya,who is very afraid of her family and dresses up,behaves,exactly the way her parents want her to,but then she is always dreaming of a boy named Anant...,really weird because I thought todays youngsters are more focussed and ambitious but here ,no body seems to talk about career etc.There is always talks of shaadi shaadi  and shaadi...though all the characters are in the 19 something bracket!!
Right from the beginning Navya seems to be smitten by this boy Anant even though he has time and again proven that he is not at all any super human being ,he has done all possible mistakes!!
-Roams around at night time and crashes his car.
-A girls tries to kill herself for his sake.
-He does not even know how to do a simple power point presentation even though he is in his second year in Mumbai and above all messes up the whole thing in front of everyone by putting a wrong CD.Embarrasses Navya like never before!🀒
-Navya constantly refuses to be a part of his sisters engagement because she has her own commitments,..but he lands up at her place and threatens to do foolish things if she does not accompany him.
-Forces her to ask for the picnic even though she does not want to ask(though I see nothing wrong if she did not want to ask about it initially,because it is her life and decision!).Again lands up at her place on the picnic day...this, he is used to doing...may be Navya's biggest mistake till date is showing her house to him!!
-Then during the journey and immediately after that he surpasses all his limits and does everything that any girl with proper mind will feel uncomfortable about,like kissing her, hugging her..et al.When Navya shows her discomfort,this boy simply throws tantrums and  starts avoiding her as if she means nothing to him,not even a normal friend.
Height of foolishness on Navya's part to still cling on to this insensitive boy who is simply having fun at her cost and doing what he wants to do without understanding the poor girl's perspective even once...
Yesterday, this show crossed all limits when Navya tries to enter a boy's hostel and then was almost caught.I felt so terrible when I saw that the boy was sleeping peacefully as if everything is  normal  to him,and Navya is then made to stand like some culprit and is then checked from top to bottom.She was crying so inconsolably...rather she should have learnt her lessons by now that this Anant will only bring miseries to her life if he continues being like this,and that he is not THAT boy meant for her.He is a rather confident boy who will try his hands on everything before he settles in life as per his family wishesπŸ‘πŸΌ...Seen a lot like him.
Why
Seeing the precaps and previews I feel that Navya will again get impressed by him(don't know why..🀒.)and will do something very very foolish,best part being that this boy will again move on with life and will be engaged to someone else ,leaving the  girl again to fend for herself.
I think the serial makers are also trying to portray the same message that Navya is a desperate and confused Indian youth who can be easily uprooted,but my point is again...I dont think Indian youth or girls  especially are like this in todays world.They are very confident,clear and sensible.Navya like character existed 10 years back...
Sorry I am not pointing at Anant's character at all...he is a happy go lucky  quintessential Indian youth.Even Renuks's character is very commendable...but Navya??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ananya321 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I too agree with u ... no one seems to be at all concerned about building up their career... which i think is the foremost priority of a 19 yr old youngster ... even small town people dont think like dat ... ... our characters are living in a metropolitan city... yet there families are too much focusing on their shaadis not their education ... they are only portraying the students of a small town pursuing b.com from a local collg ... what i expected from this show is that they are gonna show us how a NORMAL girl who recently landed form a small town to a metropolitan city is gonna balance btw her new found love😳 πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³, at the same tym concentrating on her studiesπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” and her family valuesπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” , her mental situations ... bt it  disappointed me .πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”... still hoping sum logical things form this serial πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

.-anya-luver-. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
You actually spoke my heart...πŸ₯Ί...Initially this show actually brought about some similarity between our lives and theirs...But now the way the show has taken an abrupt turn it truly convinces me that it's no way any match with our life...this is really depressing...In today's world a navya's character could be mended in a little more convincible and sensible way...Thanks 4r posting!!!
sanjana.... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
but i think if they focus on education part who will watch the show  πŸ˜† and in the end its TRPS that matters the most...i watch the show only for anya scenesπŸ˜†
pkaur92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Omg I sooo agree with you there

i mean i love their chemistry and their jodi is awesome and all πŸ‘πŸΌ

but if i was navya, and had experienced everything that she has from anant, e.g. threatning to come up if she doesnt go with him, or leaking their personal photographs etc😑...i wouldnt have trusted that guy even one more time, and here is our navya madly in love with him!

i feel sorry for navya tbh! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

but nontheless i love their jodi
sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
your right...i really am not liking the way they are moving up the story...i hope starplus is not intervening with the main story again...coz i see all other star shows nothing but shaadi n saas bahu crap...nd i dont know wat the hell is wrong with anant...cant beleive he slept throughout...and navya seriously..had a guy kissed me like that..even if i wud really like the guy i dont think i wud ever allow such behaviour...i wudve probably bursted at him..and normally in these situations the girl usually slaps the guy not run after him like a puppy to apologize..
sohn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wonderful post hun...couldn't agree more!

I was thinking on the same lines when I posted a topic earlier...was wondering if they are hurrying up this sudden burst of romance n getting physically close to just rope in some trps or if they want to get them married and show a drag devrani-jethani war plot for years..where Anant struggles to side his family against Nav and at times vice versa! The overly elaborated family picture of ANant kinda makes me think that they want the marriage done sooner and then Navya has some serious "crap" to face after she gets into that "parvarish is GOD" house where people have to look at each other's faces for permission to even open their mouth!πŸ˜•

And these 19 yr olds...the romance is aaahsome πŸ˜›...but the logic behind it is going for a ride! The story is going for a ride! I hope they bring it back on some sensible track for all of us to enjoy AnYa without these doubts n questions in our head. πŸ˜Š
-veena.shona- thumbnail

i agree wid u, tht anant sometimes acts vry foolish

n abt carrer, Anant's family dsnt think abt his edu, bcoz dey hav der own big business

n as for Navya, she is agirl, n i think her parents wil marry her off as soon as she bcums a graduate

AreYaar thumbnail
Nice post...you've made very valid points for sure...the characterization of Navya especially seems different from the initial promos of the show.

LOL the points about Anant are so true...especially the powerpoint waala...haha...but I guess those are cinematic liberties.

The focus of Anant's family on wanting to marry him off so early is what I find especially annoying...and the last thing I want to see is a Navya BAHURANI in that household.

For now, they are showing the impulsive sides to AN regarding how their relationship has progressed as they themselves aren't able to fully figure out so I feel to that extent, it has been nicely shown...there is an element of realism to it cuz these things aren't like textbook cases either.

And as of now, I'm not sure either if the show is headed on a path to quick marriage for AN...if it is, I'm definitely not going to watch further.
mayur_bigfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i completely agree with u! even i was thinking k anant is sleeping peacefully and navya is running behind him! i mean how can a girl trust a boy who have already done so many mistakes?